What is Stemuderm?
Stemuderm is an anti-aging product made by the skincare company Solvaderm. Solvaderm has a track record of producing various skin care products and treatments for anti-aging.
The ingredients selected for their products, including Stemuderm, are generally considered safe. Described as an anti-wrinkle dermatological solution, Stemuderm can be used on all skin types although it’s probably most beneficial for mature skin that’s already showing signs of aging.
While effective when used on its own, Stemuderm also works well in conjunction with other Solvaderm anti-aging products and is included in several of the Solvaderm solution bundles including the Ageless Skin System, Selected Wrinkle Repair System, and Age-Defying System.
In addition to showing the full range of products on their website, Solvaderm also offers its customers regular discounts and special offers, an informative blog page and customer service support. They provide free shipping on orders over $60 and have a 60-day refund policy on all purchases.
What Does the Research on Stemuderm Ingredients Say?
The Stemuderm page on Solvaderm’s website provides comprehensive information about the key active ingredients used in the formula.
As with all their formulas, Solvaderm claims to have been developed by leading skincare scientists and dermatologists, ensuring that the product is of the highest quality and safe to use on even sensitive skin types.
All the active ingredients contained in the Solvaderm formula are listed on the product page and include:
- Squalane – This is a hydrogenated form of the natural substance Squalene, which can be found not only in many plants but naturally in the human body. The Squalane used in Solvaderm is derived from olive oil and has a light, easily absorbed texture that deeply moisturizes without clogging pores. Extensively used in skincare formulas due to its superior emollient properties (Adv Food Nutr Res. 2012), Squalane also has potent antioxidant and detoxifying benefits.
- Jojoba Seed Oil – This nourishing oil is a popular skincare ingredient due to its similarities to the oil produced naturally in our skin. This not only makes it very compatible with all skin types but highly effective. Rich in vitamins E and B, Jojoba Seed Oil has soothing, restorative benefits for the skin and, with powerful anti-inflammatory properties, works particularly well for skin that is damaged or easily irritated
- Acetyl Hexapeptide 8 – A neuropeptide, this anti-aging ingredient has a similar mechanism of muscle-relaxing effects of popular cosmetic injected treatments but, unlike many of those procedures, with a milder effect. By reducing muscle contractions, Acetyl Hexapeptide 8 has the potential to from forming particularly in areas such as the forehead and around the eyes.
- Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture – This plant stem cell, derived from the rare Uttwiler Spätlauber apple, is considered a safe ingredient. Although not found in many products and with very little research to support its use, there is a study that showed some clinical improvement of the crow’s feet area after 4 weeks of use. This study did not evaluate the long term effectiveness of the product.
- Pentapeptide-3 & Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7 – Commonly labeled Matrixyl 3000, this combination of essential peptides has been shown to encourage the production of collagen in the skin. Although this ingredient should stimulate the production of collagen I, studies have not shown consistent results showing a clinically relevant difference in the skin after use.
- Acetyl Glutamyl Heptapeptide-1 – According to the J Cosmet Dermatol. 2017 study, this peptide has the potential to reduce facial contractions by disrupting the muscle contraction pathways thereby softening the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Palmitoyl Oligopeptide – The peptide Palmitoyl Oligopeptide can stimulate collagen production and reduce discoloration in the skin. By fading dark spots and improving the skin’s collagen the skin can potentially have a more youthful appearance.
- Hyaluronic Acid – A research published in the Dermatoendocrinol concluded, that it is one of the more common ingredients for chronically dry skin, HA can absorb huge amounts of moisture from the atmosphere and other products and hold it in the skin, resulting in a plumper, dewier texture and an elimination of dry, rough patches.
- Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate – Similar to the effects of Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, this ingredient, sometimes listed under the name SYN-AKE, also helps to relax the facial muscles that, with continued use, contribute to the formation of lines and wrinkles. Contrary to popular belief, SYN-AKE does not contain snake venom but is rather a combination of two powerful peptides that are potentially beneficial for reducing the depth of wrinkles on the forehead and glabella area (between the eyes).
- Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil – As a rich source of vitamin E according to Linus Pauling Institute, Oregon State University, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil provides antioxidant effects for the skin, reducing free radicals. Extracted from the seed of the Apricot fruit, the oil contains essential fatty acids to combat dryness, reduce inflammation and maintain suppleness.
To Learn More About Stemuderm, Please Watch This Official Video:
How Does Stemuderm Work?
With its combination of peptides, intensely moisturizing oils and plant stem cells, Stemuderm has several anti-aging effects on the appearance of the skin.
By reducing repetitive muscle contractions, the facial skin is less likely to form deep-set lines and wrinkles, especially in the most vulnerable areas such as the forehead and corners of the eyes. Because the formula has the ingredients intended to stimulate collagen production and discoloration, it can address many issues related to aging skin at their source.
However, it is said to be just as effective on the skin surface, forming a natural barrier that not only keeps moisture locked in but effectively protects the skin against harmful environmental elements.
Furthermore, by encouraging the production of collagen, the skin has more turgor, able to ‘bounce back’ with added resilience against the effects of aging.
- Safely discourages repetitive muscle contractions topically to prevent lines and wrinkles from forming
- Attracts moisture from the atmosphere and other products to combat dryness and give the complexion a smoother, fuller appearance
- Contains antioxidant-rich oils to provide ongoing protection against cell-destroying free radicals
- Encourages the production of natural collagen and elastin as levels become diminished with age
- Fortifies the skin matrix, making it able to withstand damaging environmental stressors
- The product may be more effective when used with other products or Solvaderm anti-aging treatments
- Amounts of ingredients used in the formula are not disclosed
- The success of the product may depend on the severity of skin damage
- Any benefits gained may diminish if product use is discontinued
Customer Questions and Answers
A 50ml bottle of Stemuderm costs $79.99.
A small amount of the product should be applied to the skin using the fingertips in a gentle, circular motion, twice a day.
Stemuderm can be used on all areas of the facial skin including the forehead, around the eyes, on the cheeks and around the mouth. It can also be applied to other areas where signs of aging occur such as the neck and chest.
As with all Solvaderm products, Stemuderm can be returned within 60 days of purchase if the customer is not 100% satisfied with their product.
Stemuderm Results and Customer Reviews
The Solvaderm website provides numerous reviews for Stemuderm, most of which are extremely positive. Stemuderm appears to be used by consumers of all ages and skin types; the following is just a small example of what the product’s customers are saying about it:
The Bottom Line
While Stemuderm would be a reasonable choice for anyone with mature skin to reduce common signs of aging and combat dryness, it may be beneficial when used as a preventative measure as well.
With stem cells with potential benefits in collagen and peptides that may reduce facial muscle contractions, the skin is less likely to form lines and wrinkles even as it ages, giving the individual a long-lasting youthful appearance.
Unlike many high-quality anti-aging formulas on the market, Stemuderm is offered at a very reasonable price and is even more economical when purchased as part of a skincare system bundle.
Additionally, the 60-day refund term is adequate time for the customer to assess how well the product works, given the fact that many of the ingredients in the formula have been shown to produce results within just a few weeks.
Anti-wrinkle Peptides via Molecular Modification https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5785486/
Anti-Aging Properties of Plant Stem Cell https://www.mdpi.com/2079-9284/5/4/55/htm
Linus Pauling Institute,Micronutrient Information Center,Alexander J. Michels, Ph.D 2012 Vitamin E and Skin Health https://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/health-disease/skin-health/vitamin-E
A Study of Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 (AH8) in Treatment of Blepharospasm, ClinicalTrials.gov https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/study/NCT00942851