About Boots No. 7
Boots No. 7 is a skincare range by Boots that functions mainly to reduce the signs of aging on the skin. Its best-seller is a serum that can reduce fine lines and wrinkles up to 50%.
Boots No. 7’s rich formula not only soothes the skin and makes it younger-looking, but also protects it from the damages caused by the sun.
With continuous use, Boots No. 7 will help restore your skin to its natural appeal in just 6 months.
Boots is a company based in the UK that specializes in skincare products and cosmetics.
Boots No. 7 Ingredients – The Breakdown
To make the products effective, Boots No. 7 includes the following ingredients in their anti-aging formula:
- Pro-retinol – A derivative of vitamin A, which is considered the gold standard in anti-aging products. Pro-retinol is an excellent ingredient that stimulates the production of collagen in the body.
- Alfalfa Extract – This plant extract is known for its skin soothing and brightening properties. It is also rich in essential nutrients like vitamins, minerals, and proteins which aid in revitalizing the skin. Alfalfa extract was one of the ingredients tested in this 2009 study published in the British Journal of Dermatology.
- Peptides – These molecules are commonly added in skincare products due to their ability to stimulate collagen production. One of the many studies that confirm the effectiveness of peptide as an anti-aging ingredient is this 2004 study from the International Journal of Tissue Reactions.
- Siloxanes – Also known as cyclomethicones, it is a class of liquid silicone used as skin emollient. Its main function is to smoothen the skin by keeping it moisturized.
- Dimethicone and Glycerin – Like siloxanes, dimethicone and glycerin functions to keep the skin moisturized.
- Ginseng Root Extract – Ginseng root, which is considered Korea’s best medicine, is popular for its antioxidant activity which helps protect the cells against free radicals. By preventing free radical-induced damage, skin aging slows down and it is proven by this 2017 review from the journal Aging and Disease.
How Does It Work? | The Science Behind Boots No. 7
Boots No. 7 is said to be among the best anti-aging product lines in the market. It works to combat aging by protecting the skin against the environmental factors that hasten the aging process.
At the same time, it also induces the body to produce more collagen to make the skin softer, smoother, and plumper. Furthermore, it also nourishes and moisturizes the skin to keep it not just young-looking but also healthy as well.
Boots No. 7 Pros & Cons
Boots No.7 like any other anti-aging product, comes with a couple of good and bad features. We listed them below:
- It is composed of ingredients with proven anti-aging benefits.
- Claims to reduce wrinkles and deep lines within four weeks.
- Keep the skin moisturized and prevent moisture loss.
- Claims to help protect the skin against free radical damage.
- It may take a while to produce visible results.
- It contains ingredients (ex. paraben), which may trigger allergic reactions.
- Its results vary among individuals.
- It is more expensive than other brands of anti-aging products.
Customer Questions and Answers
A: Boots No.7 products should be exactly as instructed, usually twice a day - once in the morning and again at night.
For the serums and creams, which are the best-sellers, make sure that your face is already toned and cleaned before applying an ample amount. For best results, use the No.7 products together.
A: The manufacturer of Boots No.7 claims that the products have no side effects. However, because of the parabens and other chemicals included in their formulation, there are still minor side effects to watch out for, the most likely being irritation and allergic reactions.
A: Yes, but it would be better to consult a doctor first, especially if you are under medication. Boots No. 7 have ingredients that may trigger rashes and allergies. The paraben content in the product can also be linked to cancer risks.
A: According to the reviews found online, many customers are pleased with the results of using Boots No.7 products. It is also widely regarded as one of the most effective anti-aging product lines in the market.
A: Unfortunately, the company does not offer a money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with their product. Instead, they can provide you with a full reimbursement of your payment if you choose to cancel an order within 14 days.
Boots No. 7 Alternatives
|DermaSet||$99.00||Hyaluronic Acid, Apple Stem Cells, Sea Fennel Stem Cells, Argireline Extract|
|Celestolite Mars Stellar Serum||$1500||Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Collagen|
|Crepe Erase||$49.95||Coconut oil, Shea butter, Beeswax, Cassava|
|Meaningful Beauty||Variable||Palmitic Acid (Age recovery Cream), Sodium Hydroxide (Skin Softening Cleanser), Dextrin Palmitate (Plumping Lip Gloss)|
|LifeCell||$189||Hyaluronic Acid, Retinol, Deanol, Ubiquinone|
|Rush Remedy||$98.87||Aloe vera, Fruit extract|
|Clarins Double Serum||$124.00||Burdock, Hyaluronic acid, Maritime pine, Green banana, Hops|
|Miami MD||$49||Progeline, Haloxyl, Matrixyl 3000, Eyeliss, Argireline, Acetyl Hexapeptide|
|Musely||$30-$80||Tretinoin, Hyaluronic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Cucumber Extract|
Is Boots No. 7 Safe? – Warnings & Complaints
The manufacturer of Boots No.7 claims that their products are safe to use after several long-term clinical trials. However, because of the five paraben contents, the products may potentially be harmful to the skin.
Parabens are known to have high toxicity levels as well as links to cancer risks.
Boots No. 7 Customer Reviews & Results
Many customers are satisfied with the results of using Boots No.7 product. Take note, though, that these products require continuous use for at least six weeks to get the best results.
Boots No. 7: Packages, Deals, Prices & Where to Buy It
Boots No.7 products are available both online and in physical stores like Target. Their products are more expensive than other brands. Aside from the serum, Boots also offer other skincare products as packages.
The Bottom Line
Boots No.7 anti-aging product line is considered to be one of the most effective anti-aging ranges on the market today.
Plus points include its dermatologically-tested formula that produces noticeable results after a few weeks. However, because of its paraben contents, it can be harmful to sensitive skin.
That being said, it would be best to consult a physician first before using any of the products to prevent complications. Better yet, consider other brands that are free of any potentially harmful ingredients.
Is There Anything Else You Should Know About Boots No. 7?
Boots No.7 includes many products in its range, so it would be best to check the official website for the exact ingredients, prices, instructions for use, and any other information that was not covered in this review.