About Meaningful Beauty
Meaningful Beauty is an anti-aging skin care system designed by former model Cindy Crawford and Dr. Jean-Louis Sebagh. It is backed by Guthy Renker LLC which is a marketing company that sells beauty products directly to consumers, most notably Proactiv.
Meaningful Beauty Ingredients – The Breakdown
Most of the ingredients in the Meaningful Beauty line contain something called superoxide dismutase which is the featured ingredient. The products also contain the following:
- Palmitic Acid (Age recovery Cream) – Palmitic acid is used in may beauty products to hide blemishes. Chemical Safety Facts tells us that palmitic acid has been deemed generally safe and that it is naturally found in beeswax.
- Sodium Hydroxide (Skin Softening Cleanser) – Sodium Hydroxide, also referred to as lye, is an inorganic base that is used in skin products at low concentrations to maintain pH balance, according to EWG.
- Dextrin Palmitate (Plumping Lip Gloss) – Dextrin Palmitate, according to Skin Deep Cosmetics Database (EWG) is a surfactant and emulsifying agent.
How Does It Work – The Science Behind Meaningful Beauty
For this section, we will focus on superoxide dismutase as it is a featured component of the Meaningful Beauty products. In essence, superoxide dismutase (SOD) is an antioxidant that can be derived from plants including melon fruit extract. It’s role in keeping skin looking young is essentially by stymieing the effects of oxidation on the skin.
Pros & Cons
- They features a variety of skin care products that have been for the most part well-received by users
- Some ingredients can help to regulate oxidation
- Some of the products help protect your skin from sun damage
- Ingredients like sodium hydroxide can actually irritate and inflame the skin according to
- The products may not absorb thoroughly into the skin
- The cleansing products may not be enough if you wear a lot of makeup
Customer Questions and Answers
We will go over a few instructions for a few of the products, but note that all Meaningful Beauty products will have the directions printed clearly on the label or product container:
- Plumping Lip Gloss - Apply an ample amount directly to the lips and reapply as needed throughout the day.
- Remodeling Lip Serum - Apply the serum both day and night around the lip area, allowing for enough time to absorb
- Skin Softening Cleanser - You are to apply the cleanser onto dry skin, rubbing in in a circular motion. Then, rinse it off with warm water.
The prices of the Meaningful Beauty products run the gamut from $24 to $98. You can buy them all individually or you can opt for a 5-piece set which consists of the Skin Softening Cleanser, Youth Activating Melon Serum, Anti-Aging Day Crème w/ Environmental Protection SPF30, Age Recovery Night Crème w/ Melon Extract & Retinol, and the Lifting Eye Crème for $49.95 with membership. There is also a 7-piece combo set that consists of everything the 5-piece set does plus the Skin Brightening Decollete & Neck SPF15 and the Dark Spot Correcting Treatment. This package costs $69.95 with membership.
The Meaningful Beauty products are generally safe. Although no major side-effects have been reported those with sensitive skin may experience dryness or irritation. Just make sure to keep them all out of your eyes.
If you bought any pf their products form their official site you have a money-back guarantee that lasts for 60 days. You can return the container of your product or products within 60 days of your purchase for a full refund. However, if you bought their products from an authorized third-party seller you will only have the option to return your products for an exchange and not a refund. This product exchange offer for authorized third-party sellers also lasts for 60 days.
Meaningful Beauty Customer Reviews & Results
As stated earlier the Meaningful Beauty products have been generally well-received. There are much more positive reviews than negative. Some of the main knocks against it is that the price did not justify the results.
Meaningful Beauty Reviews
- makes skin feel soft and smooth
- makes a difference in as little as a month
- did not make much of a difference at all
- did not absorb completely into the skin
Meaningful Beauty – Where to Buy and How to Save
You can buy the products on their official website where you will be offered lower prices if you enroll in the membership program, which is essentially an auto-ship subscription. You can also buy the products form third-party retail sites where they may be cheaper.
Meaningful Beauty Alternatives
There are some alternative products worth taking a look at. Check out the following comparison:
|Meaningful Beauty||Variable||Palmitic Acid (Age recovery Cream), Sodium Hydroxide (Skin Softening Cleanser), Dextrin Palmitate (Plumping Lip Gloss)|
|InvisiCrepe Body Balm||$60||niacinamide, DL Lipids, and ribose|
|Plexaderm||$59.95||Titanium Dioxide, Acetyl hexapeptide-8, hydrolyzed rice protein|
|Crepe Erase||$49.95||Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Beeswax|
|LifeCell||$189||Hyaluronic Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), DMAE (Deanol), Ubiquinone, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Plant Stem Cells|
The Bottom Line on Meaningful Beauty
The Meaningful Beauty line of products seems to be generally high quality. Most people like what it has done for their skin but don’t expect a miracle. It is not the cheapest nor is it the most expensive brand of skincare products you will find so we are not raving about this product but we would not discourage anyone with mild skin problems to try it out either.
All in all, it seems that Meaningful Beauty does have the capability to make a mild difference in the appearance and texture of the skin of the user. However, it is unlikely to help with long-standing, deep-set wrinkles or significant sun damage on the skin.
Is There Anything Else I Should Know about Meaningful Beauty?
The good news about these products is that they are generally considered safe. Again, unless you have extremely sensitive skin, you should be fine to use this brand. Just be aware that its effects on your skin may be limited, and to consider a consultation with a dermatologist prior to using.