Wrinkle Creams Introduction
Over the years, the skin starts to lose collagen, moisture, and elasticity. This can lead to wrinkles, fine lines, dry skin, and dark under-eye circles.
In order to keep your skin looking young and radiant, it’s very helpful to use an anti-aging cream on a daily basis.
These products have the potential to provide your skin with the increased collagen and hydration it needs to remain youthful-looking and wrinkle-free.
What Should You Look For While Picking Out An Anti-aging Cream?
Anti-aging creams are not all alike. There are several factors you should look for when choosing the right anti-aging cream.
Price: is not necessarily one of them. The cream isn’t necessarily effective just because it’s expensive.
Look for prime packaging: Begin by looking at the packaging and finding the name of the manufacturer. Look into whether this is a reputable company that produces quality products.
Customer Reviews: go to the company or product website in addition to beauty store sites and read the product reviews. These may give a good indicator of the strengths and weaknesses of the cream.
Know your skin type: Some creams may specify skin type or issue. For example, “some will be geared towards very dry skin or skin that gets oily,” says Joel Schlessinger, MD, Omaha-based board-certified dermatologist, and cosmetic surgeon.
Look for Key Ingredients: The list of ingredients can also be found on the product label. There are certain active ingredients that should ideally be included in a good anti-aging cream.
Certainly look for a cream with antioxidants, which have the potential to reduce free radical damage for the skin.
- Vitamin C
- Hyaluronic Acid
The cream should also ideally include sunscreen or sunblock to protect your skin from UV rays.
What Are The Best Anti Aging Creams Of 2020?
Ingredients: Hyaluronic Acid, Apple Stem Cells, Edelweiss Stem Cells, Sea Fennel Stem Cells, Argireline Extract, Matrixyl®.
- Filled with ingredients that can penetrate deep into the skin
- Visibly firms and tightens the elasticity of the skin
- Pushes out age lines and crows’ feet, decrease under-eye puffiness
- Clinically proven to help smooth the look of wrinkles, even skin tone
- Even out skin tone to fight the signs of aging
- The benefits may only be maintained with continued use of the cream
- This product can be expensive for some
Price: Single Tube $134.25 + free shipping
2. L’Oreal Revitalift Anti-Wrinkle and Firming Face and Neck Moisturizer
Ingredients: Pro-Retinol, Centella Asiatica
- This product is suitable for sensitive skin.
- It can make the skin appear firmer.
- It can improve the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Perfumed scent which is a recent addition some consider too strong.
- Missing some good anti-aging ingredients.
- This product is only for day use.
3. Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Night Moisturizer
Ingredients: Dimethicone, Glycerin, BHT, Retinol, Hyaluronic Acid
- You should start to see results in a week.
- It contains accelerated retinol SA, a combination of retinol and hyaluronic acid.
- This cream makes wrinkles and crow’s feet less apparent.
- It brightens your skin tone.
- May cause redness or irritation to sensitive skin.
- It smells strongly of perfume, which many people dislike.
- The product may not be suitable for sensitive skin.
Price: $28 on average
4. Roc Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Anti-Aging Retinol Night Cream
Ingredients: Retinol, Citric Acid, Shea Butter, Squalene, Glycolic Acid
- It can be used at night to improve wrinkles while you’re sleeping.
- The cream can repair and renew the skin.
- It’s rich in essential minerals.
- It may cause redness or a rash to sensitive skin.
- Some users found it totally ineffective for their skin.
- The product may contain allergens.
5. Redermic R Eyes Retinol Eye Cream
Ingredients: Glycerin, Caffeine, Dimethicone, Citric Acid, BHT, Retinol
- This cream can reduce the look of wrinkles and crow’s feet.
- It can improve the appearance of dark circles under the eyes.
- The product was developed by dermatologists.
- Some users saw no change in their skin at all.
- May cause a rash in users with sensitive skin.
- Expensive compared to other brands.
- The product is suitable for all skin types.
- It can make the skin appear firmer.
- This cream moisturizes the skin around the eyes.
- May cause a rash or acne in very sensitive skin.
- It has a strong perfume smell that some people don’t like.
- It’s ineffective for some users.
- It’s rich in collagen-producing anti-oxidants.
- The serum can make the pores appear smaller temporarily.
- It could improve the skin tone and clarity of the skin.
- The serum is only 72% organic.
- May cause an allergic reaction in a minority of users.
- In some users, may dry out the skin.
- The cream hydrates the cells in the top layer of your skin.
- It improves the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- It’s an excellent moisturizer.
- The product doesn’t contain retinol.
- It may cause a reaction to sensitive skin.
- They suggest visible results in a day, which is a very lofty claim.
- It can help improve the appearance of fine lines on the face and neck.
- The cream can make your skin appear firmer.
- It’s an advanced anti-wrinkle cream.
- It had no effect on some users.
- The bottle is quite small.
- It has a strong perfume smell that many people don’t like.
- It makes the skin brighter and more radiant.
- The cream reduces the appearance of wrinkles and lines on the skin.
- The product moisturizes the skin.
- The product only has one ingredient – hyaluronic acid
- Some users found that it dried out their skin.
- Benzyl Alcohol is hard on sensitive skin.
- It hydrates the skin.
- The product tones the skin.
- It makes the skin soft and supple.
- It has a strong fragrance.
- The product is wildly expensive.
- There are some controversial ingredients, including parabens, petroleum, fragrance, dyes and benzyl alcohol.
- It can improve the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on your skin.
- Anti-aging cream can reduce the appearance of dark circles and puffiness under the eyes.
- The cream can moisturize your skin.
- It can really boost your confidence.
- This renewed confidence can enhance your physical and psychological health.
- Pat your skin dry with a towel.
- Then take some of the creams onto your fingers and begin rubbing it into your skin in a circular motion for best absorption.
- Cover your entire face and neck with the cream.
6. Resveratrol Lift Night Infusion Cream
Ingredients: Peptides, Hyaluronic Acid, Ceramides, Resveratrol
Price: $99 + free shipping
7. TruSkin Naturals Vitamin C Serum
Ingredients: Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, Jojoba Oil, Ethyl Hexyl Glycerol, Witch Hazel
Price: $19 – 35.99, depending on where you purchase it.
8. Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream
Ingredients: Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Niacinamide, Hyaluronic acid, Citric Acid
9. Restore & Renew Face & Neck Multi Action Serum
Ingredients: Dimethicone, Glycerin, Butylene glycol, Retinol
- Price: $22.66
10. Cosmedica Hyaluronic Acid Serum
Ingredients: Hyaluronic acid, Benzyl Alcohol
11. Skin Caviar Luxe Cream
Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane
What Are The Benefits Of Using An Anti-aging Cream?
Using an anti-aging cream has many benefits to both your skin and your quality of life on the whole.
Some of these include:
How Can Anti-aging Cream Give You The Best Results?
To get the best results with your anti-aging cream, begin by cleansing your face with your regular cleanser.
Customer Questions and Answers
The ideal time is around the age of 30, but you can actually begin using anti-aging cream as young as 21. If you’re very concerned about getting wrinkled skin, you may want to begin with focusing on sunscreen use.
There are some key ingredients that you should look for when you buy an anti-aging cream.
Retinol – This is a form of Vitamin A, and it’s known to have amazing anti-aging properties. It can stimulate collagen production in the skin.
Vitamin C – Topically vitamin C can prevent hyperpigmentation and function as an antioxidant. It can be found in foods like fruits and vegetables.
Peptides – These are the building blocks of proteins in our body. Collagen already exists in the body, but it diminishes with age. Topically peptides can diminish the appearance of wrinkles.
Hyaluronic Acid – This natural acid draws hydration, making it a great moisturizing agent that improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Research in 2018 confirmed that hyaluronic acid can improve the overall appearance of wrinkles.
Niacinamide – This is Vitamin B3, a water-soluble vitamin that can reduce inflammation in the skin. According to studies, Niacinamide can improve the overall redness in the skin.
It is only beneficial to use different formulas in the morning and at night if they have different targets. It is important to consult with your Dermatologist to decide on a regimen ideal for your skin needs.
We recommend starting with a hyaluronic acid serum in the morning along with a sunblock. In the evening, a retinol containing product is ideal and can be supplemented with other products depending on the desired outcome.
For hyaluronic acid containing serums, Excelagene has been a favorite. For wrinkle and fine lines, Stemuderm is an excellent product.
At this point, you should have all of the information that you need to choose the best anti-aging product for your skin.
Remember to look for a cream that matches your skin type, and that deals with the particular issue you want to treat. If you choose a good cream, it should help to reduce the signs of aging on your skin.
You should consult with a dermatologist about your skin issues and show the doctor the product you plan to use to get approval.
Wrinkle creams: Your guide to younger looking skin. By Mayo Clinic Staff https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/wrinkles/in-depth/wrinkle-creams/art-20047463
Exp Dermatol. 2003 Jun;12(3):237-44. Topical ascorbic acid on photoaged skin. Clinical, topographical and ultrastructural evaluation: double-blind study vs. placebo.