Dermalactives is a collection of anti-aging treatment products. These products range from facial masks to dermal devices. Dermalactives products are categorized under five main collections which are; Premium Skin Care Collection, Eye Lifting Set, Illuminating Gold Fusion Set, Collagen Set, and Thermal X.
A search on the website on wrinkle creams brought up two products; the 60 Second Lifting Cream and the Thermal X Cream. These two creams are claimed to be formulated using ingredients that smooth and diminish wrinkles.
Apart from reducing the appearance of wrinkles, these products leave the skin feeling soft and looking youthful and radiant.
Dermalactives Ingredients – What to Look For?
Some of the ingredients in these anti-wrinkle creams include;
- Laminaria Hyperborea Extract- this is a sea weed considered to have tremendous effects on the skin. In the Journal of Cosmetic Science, 12 seaweed species were screened for their potential moisturizing activity. Of all the seaweed species, Laminaria japonica was considered the most promising in its moisturizing effects.
- Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil- is also knownjojoba oil. This oil is claimed to have anti-inflammatory effects and can be used in a variety of skin conditions including skin infecions, skin aging, and wound healing. According to Giornale italiano di dermatologia e venereologia claims that jojoba oil also provides sun screening and moisturizing effects.
- Soybean Oil- this is vegetable oil extracted from the seeds of Glycine max. soybean oil contains soy phytosterols which have shown positive effect on skin barrier recovery. The International Journal of Molecular Sciences further claims that the black soybean coat have anti-tyrosinase and antioxidant activity all which are important in cosmetics.
- Sodium Silicate- this ingredient combines metal cation with silica to form inorganic salts used as corrosion inhibitors in cosmetics. It works as a buffering and pH adjuster. The International Journal of Toxicology claims that sodium silicate causes eye irritation in some users. Paula’s choice skincare rates sodium silicate as a poor ingredient.
- Magnesium Silicate- this is another silicate found in the 60 Second Lifting Cream. Silicates usually occur naturally but there are those that are produced synthetically. According to the Cosmetic Ingredient Review, silicates are typically used as abrasives, opacifying agents, viscosity-enhancing agents, emulsion stabilizing agents, and binders.
How Does It Work? | The Science Behind Dermalactives
Dermalactives anti-wrinkle creams work through their ingredients to offer the skin the support it needs. The Thermal X Age Defying Cream employs heat therapy (thermal therapy) which helps to open pores and initiate the detox process. It also relaxes the body and increases the skin permeability allowing nutrients and essential components such as collagen and elastin to be absorbed efficiently.
On the other hand, the 60 Second Lifting Cream uses its ingredients to reverse the signs of aging within a minute. This helps users get a smooth, luminous, and youthful looking skin in a very short time.
- These creams may reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- May provide immense hydration to the skin
- May leave the skin feeling smooth and soft
- May improve skin radiance and texture
- Claimed to be formulated using high quality ingredients
- There is no scientific evidence to support the technology used by Dermalactives
- These products have very high price tags compared to similar products
- Collagen and elastin are complex proteins that may not be absorbed when applied topically
- May not deliver results as expected, high price does not necessarily mean top quality
- May cause side effects on sensitive skin
People Also Ask - Questions and Answers
A: To use the Age-Defying Cream, cleanse your face and neck first. Using your finger, apply a nickel-size portion of the cream and smooth it over all the problem areas. Do not rinse. To use the 60 Second Lifting Cream, cleanse the skin then smooth a very thin layer of the cream on your face or neck. Keep you face expressionless for up to 3 minutes until the product dries. You may experience a tightening sensation which means the cream is working.
A: There are no side effects for these creams. However, side effects can still be experienced in users with sensitive skin. For instance, jojoba oil is considered to be hypoallergenic but it can still cause adverse effects such as hives and itching in some individuals.
A: Yes, there are no restrictions provided. It is however important to see your dermatologist first before adding these creams to your skincare regimen if you have a health condition.
A: Going by the ingredients used to formulate these anti-wrinkle creams, they may work to hydrate, nourish, diminish fine lines and wrinkles, and leave the skin looking smooth and luminous.
A: Dermalactives does not allow returns apart from faulty products.
Dermalactives Alternatives – Compare with Similar Items
|XYZ Smart Collagen||$49.99||Bulbine frutescens, knipholone, acetylated polymannose|
|Collagen Refresh Lemonade||$49.00||Vitamin C, copper, polypodium leucotomos herb|
|Beverly Hills MD
Dermal Repair Complex
|$58.00||Saw palmetto, MSM, vitamin A, vitamin B,
hydrolyzed collagen, hyaluronic acid
Is Dermalactives Safe? – Warnings & Complaints
These products may be safe as they contain natural ingredients in their formulae. However, they may cause side effects as they have not been classified as allergen free. When using the 60 Second Lifting Cream, users are recommended to always close the container after use. This will store the cream well for long term use.
Dermalactives Customer Reviews & Results – What Users Are Saying
Unfortunately, these anti-wrinkle creams have no customer reviews. This could be partly because of the high price of the product.
Dermalactives: Packages, Deals, Prices & Where to Buy It
The Thermal X Age-Defying Cream is sold at $1400 while the 60 Second Lifting Cream costs $850 on Dermalactives’ official website. These products can also be bought from popular retailers such as Amazon.
The Bottom Line on Dermalactives
Anti-wrinkle creams become a necessity once aging signs start to show. While starting early is always recommended, being late to the game doesn’t mean you can’t do anything about them. Dermalactives offers an array of antiaging treatments that may work for everyone depending on your needs.
Thermal X age-defying cream and 60 second lifting cream are anti-wrinkle creams that may work well for users looking to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Although these products may work they are very expensive and do not allow returns. In this case, it is better to check out for more affordable products.
Is There Anything Else You Should Know About Dermalactives?
The Thermal X age-defying cream is the third step in the Thermal X collection. The other two products in this category are the Age-defying Thermal Heating Mask and the Age-defying Serum. Dermalactives recommend using these products together for maximum results.