We understand that you need to feel confident about the choices you make regarding your health and wellness. That is why we don’t want you to simply take our word that we are providing you with accurate and relevant information. We believe in transparency and want to let you know how we generate our content and who composes it.
We adhere to a guiding set of principles that help us create quality content for our users.
These are our principles:
- The Reader Is Our Top Priority – We do what we do because we are on a mission to help our readers understand the factors affecting their health and lifestyle. Our content is created to reflect the latest research, technologies, and science so that you have the best chance at living your best life.
- Reliability – All of our articles are based on research from reliable sources. You will never find theory-based information in our content because we want our readers to be soundly informed.
- Inclusiveness – With every piece that we publish, we keep in mind the different values and experiences of our varied readership. We sculpt our content to be applicable to people of all nationalities, ages, socioeconomic status, gender identity, sexes and family structures.
Our content is not intended to replace medical advice, care, or treatment.
We publish our articles for informational purposes only.
We are certified by Health On the Net (HON) and follow their Code of Conduct at all times. We compose our content according to Society for Professional Journalists’ foundations of ethical journalism: being accurate and fair, minimizing harm, acting independently, and being accountable and transparent.
We also uphold the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) guidelines on disclosures, where applicable.
For more information, please see:
Our editorial team regulates everything you find on our site. The topics we report on are constantly evolving so rather than reporting on a certain opinion pertaining to a topic, we report on the latest research that is available. Our content contains references that are peer-reviewed. You can find these reference sources at the bottom of all of our article pages. We prioritize using the most up to date studies and research on our subject matter.
When possible, we report on human-based research as opposed to animal testing. In some cases, however, human trials have not been conducted, and research is therefore unavailable. When animal research is relevant and of high quality, we will include it and clearly identify it as such. We include animal research only when it is able to shed light on a subject and furthers the understanding of the subject.
While we primarily report on scientifically proven methods and treatments, we may from time to time also report on experimental treatments only if they are relevant and helpful for the understanding of the topic at hand. When we do report on such unproven methods, we make sure to include disclaimers and inform the reader of the safety concerns related to them.
At all times, we take the utmost care in reporting on sensitive health subjects or those that could potentially detriment the health of the consumer.
Our writers clearly state when content comes from a professional opinion and when it comes from proven studies or scientifically proven research and take special care in balancing the use of these types of content responsibly.
Health Insiders writers are not obligated nor do they biasedly include content from outside sources (videos, blogs, company sites, etc.) even if they have a direct affiliation with said sources. When such sources are cited, the citations are made in adherence to FTC guidelines.
We guarantee accurate information and matching content and article information. This remains true whether you find our content through social media posts, direct search results, blogs, or by any other means.
Our articles contain links to relevant pages that pertain to your area of interest. We may also include links to other websites that we cited in our content or ones that may help the user better understand a given topic. These sources are carefully selected based on credibility, accuracy, and official authority and are typically U.S. governmental and health agencies, physicians’ journals, and accredited medical organizations.
Links added for the sake of making purchases are plainly classified as such on our site (detailed information on how we make our product recommendations can be found below). The links we include in our content will never lead the reader to disreputable sites, sites that sell illegal drugs, or recruiting sites for human clinical testing or research.
Quality Standards We Follow
All of our articles pass before many members of our professional staff before they are published. We scrutinize article drafts to ensure that they are responsible, accurate, relevant, helpful, and that they fall in line with our editorial philosophy and principles.
It is only after passing through this rigorous review and editorial process that an article is finally published to our site. All other media on our website is also subject to this same quality control process.
Furthermore, all articles are reviewed by editors independently. Our editors have final say over content and are committed to improving the user experience of the site as a whole.
The Health Insiders Medical Review Board is made up of board-certified physicians. When statements pertaining to research, treatment, side-effects, and all other subjects pertinent to the health and well-being of the reader are made, this board provides verification of the statements made and any necessary disclaimers.
Our Editorial staff routinely re-evaluates content already published to our site for the purpose of flagging them as out of date or in need of an update so that we may make necessary changes as research and data advance. We re-assess all of our articles at regular intervals to make sure that they;
A) reflect current research and the consensus of the professional medical communities
B) are up to date in terms of current U.S. and official agency guidelines
C) contain the latest statistical figures
D) address emerging consumer questions that may have been irrelevant at the time of publication.
If any such changes are required, the articles are edited and subjected again to our editorial review process conducted by our Medical Review Board.
When we do make these updates, the changes are clearly marked and dated near the top of the article page. Professional freelancers familiar with our editorial process and standards of quality are sometimes brought in to assist with the article update process.
The editorial staff also regularly consults with other departments of Health Insiders to ensure that the entire site is uniform with our vision and standards of excellence.
Other staff members are involved in maintaining the quality of content on our site, including:
- Photo Editors and Illustrators – who help us convey information to our readership and develop a clear connection to the given subject matter. (Any new illustrations used are also created and approved of with the input of our editors and Medical Review Board).
- Data science team – their job is to constantly scouring search trends to make sure that our content is always relevant to your needs.
We ensure that there is no conflict of interest steering the nature of our content by never letting our content creators work with or for our advertising department. We enforce a strict policy regarding conflict of interest and mandate that all Health Insiders staff disclose any possible violations of this policy.
Our team of writers has been selected for their expertise in their respective fields (licensed physicians, nutritionists, health and wellness professionals, etc.) We are very proud of this team, which features accomplished professionals and respected authorities in their fields who have long histories of working with and helping people live healthier.
In order to inform you on who you are getting information from when you read one of our articles, each one has a link at the top of the page that leads to a bio of the author that lists his or her professional experience, education, accomplishments in their field and their personal and professional social media outlets.
We select our writers based on their experience in their particular field as well as an ability to write clearly, convey ideas and technical information plainly, and communicate in an effective and helpful manner.
We mandate that all of our writers uphold our mission statement and our strict editorial guidelines.
When sponsored content is used, we clearly labeled as such on our site. It is also subject to our editorial review process to ensure that it falls in line with our regulations and quality standards.
Advertising helps us to cover operating and maintenance costs, but we maintain a strict delineation between content generation and ad content, including ad choices on our end. Refer to our Advertising Policy for a detailed description of how we distinguish ad and sponsored content on our site as well as a description of the guidelines that we use to select advertisements.
To maintain high-quality user experience, we take special care to display ads on our site so that it is not intrusive and does not disrupt reading. These provisions include how many ads we display and the layout of the page itself.
There are tons of product choices online, and it can be a daunting task to sort through them. Our product recommendations are intended to help streamline the selection process to save you time, effort, and money.
To help you figure out which product is right for you, our writers and editors relentlessly research (both online and off) thousands of products and identify the ones that will be most helpful for your health and well-being. We occasionally receive an affiliate commission on some of the products we review if users make purchases using one of our links to the product.
In order to ensure an unbiased review, our writers are never informed as to our affiliate partnerships or affiliate terms. This ensures that writers pick only the best products based purely on merit, quality, and value. Furthermore, we accept no free samples of products we review and purchase them instead in order to provide our readers with trustworthy and insightful reviews.
All of our recommendations are rooted in the worth of the product themselves. They are given by writers with experience with the product, and we emphasize the importance of reporting on companies that are responsible and reputable. We take into account factors like value (the worth of the product compared to its price) and high-end quality (products that may be pricey but offer a lot of benefit in one or multiple ways). Our team of editors also checks the availability of every product we review so you never read the information on a product you cannot buy on our site.
Once a list of suggestions is posted on our site, it is re-evaluated at regular intervals so that all recommendations are still in line with our mission and standards for quality.
We welcome your input so if you have any questions, comments, opinions, or recommendations of your own we encourage you to get in touch with us.
To help us cover operating and maintenance costs and to continue to deliver consistently helpful content, we have advertising partners. Transparency is of paramount importance to us, so we have provided a description of our ad policy, including how we select ads and the terms advertisers must meet here.
Please note that at all times, Health Insiders instates a rigid separation between advertising and content generation.
- We implement borders or distinguishing markers/labels between editorial content and ads on our site. These delineations are distinct, clear and inform the reader which content is ours and which has been paid for by a sponsor.
- All of the ads displayed on Health Insiders is labeled as “Ad,” “Advertisement,” “Sponsored” or with a similar type of textual designation to let the reader know what content is being paid for by a sponsor.
- “Native” ads and sponsored content is also marked with “Ad,” “Advertisement,” “Sponsored,” or a similar textual designation on our sites.
- No editorial content on our sites has been or will be influenced by our advertising partners.
Understanding How Information Is Collected on Health Insiders
The Information You Provide Us Willingly
There are certain types of information that you may choose to provide us with willingly. For example, if you choose to sign up for our email newsletter, you will be asked to provide your name, age, and email address so that we may send our newsletter to the right destination. You may opt to provide us with other personal information when using other site services such as special promotions as well.
As Health Insiders encourages community build-up and interaction, you may also willingly provide personal information to use to participate in forum discussions. Furthermore, when you participate in our forum discussions, you are doing so willingly. It is therefore important that you not share any information (passwords, physical address, banking info, etc.) that you would not like other community members or Health Insiders staff to be privy to as our forums are public.
Information That Is Automatically Collected When You Visit Health Insiders
In order to provide you with the best user experience possible when you visit our sites, certain information is automatically collected by our systems. This type of information such as cookies, web browser information, IP addresses, operating system, clickstream data (which allows us how you navigate and use our sites), and mobile device OS is gathered so that the features of our site work properly for you and provide us with important user data so we can improve our website and the features therein. This information is available to us and may be accessed by third-party service providers we use in conjunction with the information that you willingly divulge.
Tags, also known as “web beacons” may also be placed on certain pages and content that we send directly to your email address. Like cookies, web beacons are very small files that help identify which web pages are being viewed by which cookies. They also help to identify which users are visiting which pages, how many different users are frequenting our sites, in an analysis of how users navigate and use our site and which links contained in emails we send are being clicked on.
Please note that to enhance the overall user experience; we also use third-party analytical services such as Google Analytics which helps us analyze important data to improve our sites.
About “Do not track signals.” Your browser may become equipped with a settings option called “Do not track signals” or some other similar variation. It should be noted that at the time of the publication of our Terms of Service, the exact definition of “do not track signals” is unclear among industry authorities in regards to such browser settings. Many sites, ours included, are not set up to comply with “do not track” signals. You can find out more about “do not track” signals by clicking here.
Lastly, third-party companies that provide services on our site (widgets, plug-ins, and app services to name a few) may also automatically collect user data when you use such services. Please be aware that data collected by using these third-party services (Facebook “Like” clicks, for instance) is subject to separate privacy policies from ours. You can read about the privacy policies of these third-party service providers by visiting their sites.
In our Cookies Disclosure section, you will find more detailed information on all data collection and user tracking applications that we use.
How We May Use Information We Collect
Other reasons we may collect user data when you visit our sites include:
- To alert you to new services or to provide you directly with the requested information (i.e., our mailing list). Provide you with timely customer service regarding our site and our services
- To make special offers to you based on your interests and how you utilize our sites.
- To better provide you with content, ads, and promotions that are relevant to you based on the data we collect on how you use our site and which type of articles you typically open.
- To let you know about special events, promotions or changes to our sites or services and to instruct you on how you may participate or utilize said information.
- Improving our site based on statistical analysis on how you use our site and which features you frequently interact with. This may also include evaluating the effectiveness of certain marketing strategies, using pertinent user data to develop new features and applications across our sites and generally making our site more useful to our readers.
- To analyze the available data on how our readership utilizes our sites – analyzing trends, discarding pages and features that are of little interest to our users, market research, financial analysis, and anonymizing user data.
- To protect the user and their data against fraudulent activities, theft, criminal activities and to identify such threats that they may be neutralized in future site updates, and finally
- To be in compliance with federal statutes, to cooperate with law enforcement inquiries and to uphold our own company policies.
How We May Share Information
Vendors, agents, consultants, third-party service providers, and others that we work with may at times be privy to the data that we collect in order to fulfill their duties to us. While they do have access to collected data, they all comply with confidentiality agreements and are absolutely prohibited from using said data in any other regard than to provide us with the services we have contracted them for.
Additionally, we may on occasion share data with:
- Affiliate partners to assist us with our business
- Third parties for the purpose of marketing. These third parties can include social media outlets that you have subscribed to and given informed consent to. For instance, we may cross-reference your email address (that you have consented to us) with other of these third parties (to which you have also consented your email) to custom tailor offers for you on our sites and through email.
- Law enforcement and judicial bodies. Should the need arise and we are officially requested to share data that we have collected, either in a subpoena or other court order situation, we are bound by law to comply.
- Government agencies that make such requests for data we have collected. This could include matters of national security to which we would be bound by law to comply with.
- The belief that any data that we have collected could be used to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in compliance with authorities should the data be useful for the identifying or prosecution of criminal activity.
- Advertisers that we work with to give them the necessary information they need to analyze our user base and provide us with the services we have contracted them for.
- Any parties involved in selling off of, dissolution of or a reorganization of our business. This can include a complete or partial sale of our company. In this case, we would responsibly give you advanced notice of such a transfer of data and assets through email notification or plain notification on our sites of any kind of transfer of ownership and handing over of user data. In addition to notifying you, we would make it a point to inform you of the options you have regarding your personal information.
Your permission and at your request.
Data Retention and Access
When you visit our site and use our services, we retain relevant data for only as long as necessary to provide you with a quality user experience and services you opt for. There are certain instances in which we will store your data for longer periods of time. These instances entail complying with applicable laws, resolving disputes that may arise with any third parties and in other instances, in order to help us conduct business. In all instances, we respect your autonomy over your personal information, and if requested, we will ask to confirm your identity and whether we have in our possession or are processing any collected personal information. Be aware that you have the right to alter or amend your personal information as it pertains to our business at will or to amend inaccuracies, request that we delete the personal information you have shared with us, and request that we cease to use it. There are certain circumstances however that we would be unable to comply with such requests such as they violate legal statutes, we have not concretely confirmed your identity, or if it would involve a disproportionate amount of resources or cost to us but in any of these cases we will respond to your request in a timely manner and offer an explanation of the situation. You can make such a request at any time by contacting us directly.
Unsubscribing from email lists: Every newsletter and email that we send to your email address has an “Unsubscribe” link or button at the bottom of the page. Clicking that link or button will either automatically unsubscribe from our mailing list or channel you to a page with instructions on how to unsubscribe. These newsletters and emails may contain banners, images, or other types of ad-media from our ad partners, or we may send you dedicated content from our ad partners on their behalf. When you opt-out of such newsletters and mailing lists, we may share your decision with these third-party affiliates and ad partners so that they can also stop sending you content.
Block Cookies: Depending on the browser you use, you may be able to block certain or all websites from saving cookies onto your device. Please be aware though that by blocking cookies on our sites, certain features and functions may not be available to you or they may misbehave.
Disabling local shared objects or “Flash cookies”: In some cases, we may use temporary files that are similar to cookies but get stored in different parts of your device. The browser you use may also allow you to block HTML5 local storage or to delete certain data that is saved to HTML5 storage. Click here to learn more about how you can delete information that is stored in “local shared objects” destination and how to adjust your settings regarding temporary files.
How We Protect Personal Information
Our Policy is to set up and maintain strict technical, physical and operational parameters in regard to the personal information that you divulge to us in order to protect you and our company against accidental, illegal and unauthorized loss, access, or manipulation of data. Please keep in mind though that even as we take the strictest measures to protect your data, it is impossible to guarantee the security of any data that is transferred online and that by using our site and divulging information, you assume some risk as is the case with any website including ours. Please reach out to us should you have any questions about data security and the safety measures we take. You can also contact us to request an invitation to our bug bounty program, which is a user-interactive program where you can submit reports on potential or existing vulnerabilities on our sites.
Links From Health Insiders to Other Websites
Surveys and Quizzes
Health Insiders and our sites are not intended for use by children under the age of 18, and it is our policy never to gather data on children under the age of 16. Should we unintentionally garner data from a user under the age of 16 and become aware of this breach, we will delete any data collected immediately.
Information for Users Outside the United States
Any data that we collect including your personal information may be stored, shared, or processed in the United States, to the United States and in other countries where our service providers and affiliate partners operate. Please note that the data management laws and policies may be more lax in these countries than the ones in your country in which you reside. The security of your information is important to us, so we take meticulous precaution and have set in place security mechanisms to handle the international transfer of data. We will transfer your data in accordance with all applicable data management statutes and instill strict security measures to ensure that your data is safely transferred and cannot be breached by an unauthorized third party. An example of such measures would be the use of the Model Claus put forth by the European Commission.
To find out more or ask questions about the international transfer policies and practices regarding your data from our site, please contact us.
How to Contact Us
Should you have any questions or concerns about our policies or practices, you can contact us at any time.
If your inquiry or statement of concern is in relation to California privacy rights, please include “California privacy rights request” in the subject line of your email.
If your inquiry or statement of concern is in regards to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as enacted in the European Economic Area, please include “GDPR privacy rights request” in the subject line.
JURISDICTION SPECIFIC PROVISIONS
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA):
1. Controller of your Personal Data
Our GDPR representative can be reached directly using our “contact us” form, plainly available here on our site.
2. Legal Basis for Using Personal Data
Processing of your personal information only occurs if we are legally cleared to do so, which can include:
- To comply with local statutes and obligations
- The accordance of our contract with our users and to execute any requests before entering into the contract
- To protect our legitimate interests or those of our partners and third-party affiliates
- Instances in which the user has given clear consent
The applications onto which we use and manage your personal data and the legal rights which allow us to do so are further elaborated upon below.
Purposes for which we process, transfer and manage personal data:
- To provide user-requested products and services
- To process requests, address questions and comments, and to otherwise administer quality customer service.
- To offer interest-specific products and services or to refer you to areas or feature of the site that we determine may be of interest to you.
- To inform users of and usher their participation in programs, special promotions, interactive events, offers, and contests.
- To operate our business, assess and improve upon it (which can entail developing new applications and features, improving user experience, determining the effectiveness of marketing strategies and carrying out communiques.
- To amass and analyze data in terms of how patroons use our sites (this can include market research, trends, financial analysis, and anonymization of user data.
- To tailor our advertising efforts based on the interests of our users and their activities regarding our site and third party services and sites.
- To equip our partners and third-party service providers to carry out certain tasks in our stead.
- To alert users to changes to our sites that may affect them.
Legal Basis for the Processing of Data:
To provide the user with our services and to execute transactions according to the applicable contract between our users and us the processing of data is necessary.
Data processing is also necessary for us to address questions and comments, and to provide all-around customer support to act upon requests or execute mandates in accordance with the contract between us and the user.
In order to comply with and honor any requests made for such materials, we may send electronic marketing communiques to our users. It is in our legitimate business interest to market our services and products by other means as well and to refer the user to areas of our site or certain services we offer that we feel may be of interest to them. We will uphold fair, balanced, and tempered marketing practices that will never be prejudicial or harm the user in any way.
We sometimes will send emails and other digital communiques if you have agreed to receive these communiques. It is on our interest and yours if you have consented to receive these communiques to contact you further regarding your participation in certain events, programs or any other kind of interactive engagement. We will uphold fair, balanced, and tempered practices when sending these communiques, and they will never be prejudicial or harm the user in any way.
To provide our users’ requested service and to operate our business, it is in our legitimate interest to process certain types of personal data. We will uphold fair, balanced, and tempered processing of data, and the processing will never be prejudicial or harm the user in any way.
If you have signed up to receive certain communiques, we will send them to you based on your interests and how you use our sites.
To carry out our duties as stipulated by any applicable contract agreed upon between the user and us, it is necessary for us to use your personal information in this regard. Third-party service providers may also use this data to carry out their duties and handle tasks for us. We will uphold fair, balanced, and tempered use of this data and usage will never be prejudicial or harm the user in any way.
To carry out our duties and provide the user with the services agreed upon in any applicable contract between us and said users, processing of personal data is necessary.
We process data in accordance with governmental statutes and comply with legal obligations to uphold the public interest.
- Should it become necessary to do so by legal request, as in subpoena or court order;
- If we are requested to process or transfer data to government agencies or law enforcement authorities to comply with legal statutes;
- If we deem it necessary to process or share data to guard against physical harm or monetary loss or to comply with authorities in a criminal investigation regarding illegal activity; and
- Should we sell a part of or all of our business as in a liquidation, transfer or reorganization. In such a circumstance we will responsibly notify users of such transfer in a reasonable timeframe either through email communication or by posting pertinent information plainly on our sites while also informing them of their options, change of ownership or changes to our terms of service, regarding their personal information; and
- To protect the user and their data against fraudulent activities,
- To be in compliance with federal statutes, to cooperate with law enforcement inquiries and to uphold our own company policies.
theft, criminal activities and to identify such threats that they may be neutralized in future site updates; and finally
3. International Transfers
In processing your data, some of it will be processed in or transferred to areas outside the European Economic Area (EEA). As some of our third-party service providers operate in areas outside of the EEU, their processing of your data may occur in areas outside of the EEU. Some of this could include processing or transferring to or from the United States. If processing or transferring of your data outside the boundaries of the EEU becomes necessary (areas in which the European Commission has classified as having inferior protection policies for data), we will take the utmost precaution to safeguard your data in these areas.
4. Retention of Personal Data
When you visit our site and use our services, we retain relevant data for only as long as necessary to provide you with a quality user experience and services you opt for. There are certain instances in which we will store your data for longer periods of time. These instances entail complying with applicable laws, resolving disputes that may arise with any third parties and in other instances, in order to help us conduct business. In all instances, we respect your autonomy over your personal information, and if requested, we will ask to confirm your identity and whether we have in our possession or are processing any collected personal information.
5. Data Subject Access Rights
You have the following rights:
- The right to alter or amend your personal information as it pertains to our business at will or to amend inaccuracies
- The right to request information regarding the processing of your personal data and to confirm whether we are processing such data
- The right to request that we delete the personal information you have shared with us, and request that we cease to use it in accordance with the law
- The right to withdraw your consent at any time regarding any services or permissions you have allowed for in regard to our business and operation
- The right to formally file a complaint should you feel any misuse of your data has been committed, or misconduct has occurred with local authorities of your area of residence
- The right to request limiting of the processing of your information in certain extenuating circumstances.
- The right to receive and review any of the personal data that we have collected and have it sent in a commonly used, machine-readable format and the right to transmit this data yourself to other parties or to have us transmit it directly to specified parties under technically feasible circumstances.
- The right to object to the use and processing of your data is protected by the law and in accordance with extenuating circumstances
If you wish to take advantage of any of the aforementioned rights, please contact us via the methods we have provided in the “How to Contact Us” section in these terms. Please be aware that at any time, we retain the right to refuse any requests (as protected by the law) in part or in whole and that the aforementioned rights are not absolute.
- Medical Advice Disclaimer
- Health Insiders Intellectual Property
- Reliance on Information on Site
- Prohibited Uses of the Site
- Content That You Make Available on the Site
- Your Indemnification of Us
- Warranty Disclaimer
- Liability Disclaimer
- Third Party Links, Advertisements, Websites and Content
- Entire Agreement
- DMCA Policy
- How to Contact Us
- Health Insiders and our associated sites will include therein information from and on the services that we provide regardless of the medium through which our sites are accessed including all media we present, mobile applications, products, services and all other formats of user interaction. We can at any time invoke our right to discontinue, modify or temporarily suspend any or all of our sites and the features and services therein with our without notice.
- Our site is not intended for usage by minors under the age of 13. Should you use or access our site and are below the age of 13, please discontinue use and do not transmit any of your personal information or data to us.
- At no time do we make the claim that our sites or the content therein can be accessed or is appropriate for usage outside of the United States. By accessing our sites in certain regions, you may be in violation of local statutes. Should you access any of our sites in a region or country where it is prohibited you do so of your own volition and are therefore responsible for any legal ramifications.
Medical Advice Disclaimer
The use of our sites and the content therein is in no way intended to act as a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment. You should always seek the advice and treatment of a medical professional (doctor, physician, nurse, specialist, etc.) if you have any questions or concerns regarding your health. If you are in need of emergency medical assistance, please call your doctor immediately or dial 911. At no time do any of our sites endorse any physician, treatment, product, opinion, or any other type of information that may be included in our content. Should you choose to rely on any of the information on our websites, from our employees or contributors that may be featured on any of our sites, you do so at your own risk, and we cannot be held responsible for any resulting consequences.
You can read more information on how we collect data, use it and how we make it available by reading here.
Health Insiders Intellectual Property
Your Limited License to our Intellectual Property
Health Insiders Trademarks and Logos
The name Health Insiders, Healthinsiders.com and all other associated logos, names, trademarks, service marks and logos associated with such services including graphics, designs, names, titles, and slogans belong to Health Insiders and are trademark protected. None of these marks may be legally used without the express written consent of our company. Any third-party logos, designs, product service titles, slogans, and logos are the property of and trademark protected to their respective licensors.
Reliance on Information on Site
Content on our site originating from independent contributors or otherwise will be reviewed at our own discretion and are not beholden to any user requests to do so.
About our Contributors
Our sites may contain content written by independent contractors for the purpose of resourcing information from experts in their fields. We do our due diligence to ensure the credentials and expertise of these contractors but cannot guarantee or purport that these contributors have achieved any degree of recognition or certification of expertise in any given field or discipline. As we refer to these contributors as experts, we are beholden to the information that they provide us, and we are not obligated to seek or attain any official documentation or other forms of verification of qualifications or credentials from these contractors. We are also in no way obligated to monitor or officially credulate any of the content these contractors contribute. Please keep in mind that these contractors are not employees of Health Insiders or our affiliates, and we do not guarantee the accuracy of the information that they present.
It is therefore incumbent on the user to use this content at their own discretion and not rely in part or wholly on the information presented by these contractors. Our content is presented as informational only, and it would be impossible to take into account the unique health, lifestyle, and personal circumstantial status of any of our readers. By accessing and using any of our sites, you acknowledge and agree that any reliance on the content contained therein is done so of your own volition and as such, will be beholden to any violation of your agreement with us in doing so and that Health Insiders and our affiliates will have no legal responsibility to you in any way, shape or form. Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that by engaging in any form of communication with our parties (affiliates, contributors, customer support representatives or other users) through our site or by other means is done so at your own risk, and any contractual obligation does not protect such communication on our behalf.
Prohibited Uses of the Site
- In any form that is not in accordance with federal, state, international or local laws
- To exploit, harm or to attempt to harm exploit minors in any way, shape or form. This includes the intention to and the action of exposing minors to inappropriate or otherwise detrimental content or for attempting to elicit personal or identifiable information from any minors
- To circulate or transmit any personal or advertising/marketing materials for personal gain. This includes ads in any form, spam, “junk email” of any kind or any other form of soliciting material and media.
- To pose or attempt to pose as a Health Insiders employee, associate, partner, affiliate, another a Health Insider user or any person or person(s) that you are not. This includes without limitation the use of another’s email address or any other kind of personal, identifiable information.
- To engage in any activity that would prevent anyone from using and enjoying our sites the way Health Insiders intended them or to engage in any activity that would harm our users, our employees or our associates
Furthermore, you agree not to:
- “Scrape” or misappropriate any information, content or data from Health Insiders sites and associated sites by any means including manual and automated.
- Launch any viruses, trojans, worms, keyloggers, malware of all kinds or any other type of malicious software against our sites
- Attempt to access to, alter or otherwise harm any portions of our sites, our servers, and associated servers, hardware, software or databases that are owned by us or our associates.
- Disrupt the proper operation of our sites and services in any manner
Content That You Make Available on the Site
Our sites may contain user-generated content. This includes any content posted on our message boards, chat rooms, personal web profiles, forums and any other kinds of interactive services that we make available (known collectively henceforth as “Interactive Services”) that allows users to engage in conversation and discussion with other users, our staff and our contributors including posted, published or sent content through or on our sites.
Should you engage in these interactions and voluntarily submit content to be either viewed privately or posted publicly on our site, such information will be able to be seen on search engines and possibly collected and used by others for advertising or solicitation purposes as our forums, and other interactive pages and the content therein are public. It is important that you not share any sensitive information on our sites that you would not like to be made known to the public.
Any contribution or content that you submit as a user is subject to non-confidential and non-proprietary viewing and use. By using any of our Interactive Services and contributing any content you agree that Health Insiders, our affiliates and their respective licensees have the right to use, modify, publish, disseminate, or otherwise manage such content at their and our discretion.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- You have ownership of or otherwise control any content that you voluntarily submit to our sites or our employees and affiliates and that you have the right to grant ownership of such content to us, our affiliates, employees and third-party service providers and each of their respective licensees and assigns.
You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for any content that you submit personally (published or otherwise) to our site and that you, not the Company, will be held accountable regarding any violation in legality, accuracy or appropriateness. Health Insiders and its associated sites are therefore not responsible for any inaccuracies, claims or the nature of user contributions whether it is posted by users or us of our sites.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We retain the right to:
- Refuse or post any user-contributed content and remove or make
- Give your information to or disclose your identity to any third party with a valid claim that your user-contributed content infringes upon their intellectual property or trademark rights.
- Take appropriate legal action which includes disclosing user information to law enforcement if any illegal activity is conducted on our site by a user or if any illegal use or violations of our site occur.
modifications to any published user-contributed content at any time and to our own discretion.
Furthermore, we retain the right to communicate and cooperate with law enforcement agencies and judicial bodies that make legal requests for the identity information or personal information of any user who has contributed user content to or through our sites. BY CONTRIBUTING CONTENT, YOU THEREFORE agree TO HOLD UNACCOUNTABLE THE COMPANY AND ITS PARTNERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES AND ASSOCIATES REGARDING ANY CLAIMS AND ACTIONS TAKEN BY THE AFOREMENTIONED LAW ENFORCEMENT AND JUDICIAL BODIES DURING THE COURSE OF ANY INVESTIGATIONS INTO WRONGDOING.
That being said, we do not purport, nor would it be possible that we review all user-contributed content before it is published on our sites. Nor can we guarantee timely removal of content if it violates any laws, intellectual property rights or if it is otherwise deemed inappropriate or harmful once it has been published. Likewise, we cannot be held liable for any action or inaction with respect to the transmissions and communiques (including contributor content) carried out by users or third parties. We hold no liability for anyone in regard to action or inaction of any of the activities put forth in this section.
We apply certain content standards to any user-contributed content and use of our Interactive Services. Therefore we uphold that all user-contributed content is in compliance with federal, state, international, and local laws and mandates. Without limitation, user-contributed content must never:
- Be obscene, inflammatory, defamatory, indecent, abusive, hateful, violent or otherwise objectionable.
- Contain sexual imagery, be pornographic in nature, sexually offensive or discriminate sex, sexuality, age, religion, ethnicity or disability.
- Violate any intellectual property, copyright, trademark or patent rights of any form of third party.
- Willingly deceive the Company, its affiliates, its employees or other users.
- Be in assistance, affiliation or promotion of any form of illegal activity.
- Be harassing in nature, obstruct others from using and enjoying the site, annoy, or cause defamation to other users or detriment users in any way.
- Pose as any other person or mislead others as to your affiliation with any form of third party.
- Promote commercial activities or solicit users or employees for sales, promotions, or advertising of any kind.
- Falsely imply that our associates or we endorse the statements, opinions or media therein or that such content comes directly from us or our associates.
Your Indemnification of Us
OUR SITES OPERATE AND ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND ARE DEVOID OF ANY WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND OR IN ANY FORM WHETHER IMPLIED OR EXPLICITLY INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLICATED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR APPROPRIATENESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE, EXCLUDING WARRANTIES WHICH ARE INITIATED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER LAWS WITH RESPECT TO SUCH TERMS. NO OPINIONS, STATEMENTS OR ADVICE PUBLISHED ON OUR SITES ARE ENDORSED BY THE COMPANY NOR ARE WE LIABLE FOR ANY INACCURACIES THEREIN. AT NO TIME SHOULD THE USER REPLACE STATEMENTS, ADVICE OR OPINIONS APPEARING ON OUR SITE WITH PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE.
USE OF OUR SITES IS CARRIED OUT AT THE RISK OF THE USER. HEALTH INSIDERS, ITS AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, ASSOCIATES, THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES OR ANY OTHER CONCERNED PARTY CANNOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR LOSS, INJURY OR DETRIMENT OF ANY KIND THAT ARISES FROM THE USE OF OUR SITES WHETHER UNINTENTIONAL, COINCIDENTAL, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, OR ARISING FROM AN INABILITY TO ACCESS OUR SITES AND THE CONTENT THEREIN. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS MADE AGAINST HEALTH INSIDERS, ITS AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, ASSOCIATES AND ALL CONCERNED PARTIES ARISING FROM USE, MISUSE, INABILITY TO ACCESS OR ANY OTHER COMPLAINTS OR GRIEVANCES CONCERNING OUR SITES AND CONTAINED INFORMATION.
Third-Party Links, Advertisements, Websites and Content
Health Insiders deals with copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). You may not post, upload, or otherwise place any content or information on the Site that belongs to a third party, unless you have the legal right to do so. If you believe in good faith that your copyrighted work has been reproduced on our Site without authorization in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify us via the contact us form. This contact information is only for suspected copyright infringement. Please include the following:
Health Insiders handle copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). We stipulate that you are not to post, upload, or otherwise communicate any type of content on our sites that are the property of anyone other than yourself. If you should come across content on any of our sites that you believe infringes upon any of your rights under the DMCA, please contact us using our contact form. The following contact information is only to be used regarding potential copyright violations.
In your inquiry/submission, please include:
- Your physical or e-signature
- A clear identification of the content that you feel is in violation of your rights. If your claim involves multiple pieces of content, include all necessary identifiers of said content
- Clear identification of such content which should include specific URLs along with any copies you have made and possess of the content or the pages on which it appeared
- Reliable contact information which can include email address, name, mailing address or telephone number.
- A statement detailing your good faith belief that the content in question is in fact in violation of your rights as outlined in the DMCA including that there has been unauthorized use of copyrighted material.
- An additional statement that, under penalty of perjury, that all statements made are accurate and that you are yourself the copyright owner or have been authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner
Keep in mind that if you willingly falsify any information regarding a violation of rights under the DMCA, you may be liable for losses including but not limited to lawyer fees.
Also, be aware that it is our policy to disable the accounts of users who frequently submit fraudulent reports of copyright infringement.
How to Contact Us
We welcome all other comments, questions, feedback, requests for support of any kind regarding our sites and should be addressed to [email protected]
We appreciate your visiting our sites.
The following guidelines, to be from now referred to as “Guidelines”, explain and describe the standards by which we place advertisements and sponsored content. The ad partners that we work with must comply with our guidelines and additionally, with the statutes set forth by the AAAA/IAB Standard Terms and Conditions for our sites and other mobile properties.
These guidelines have been set in place so that advertisers that we work with can adhere to general parameters in regard to Ad content on Health Insiders and our sites. However, they do not address every detailed aspect of every situation that may arise from advertisements in the course of conducting our business. As such, our ad Guidelines are subject to change.
The advertisers we work with are responsible for complying with all respective laws and statutes set forth by government agencies including the FTC regarding privacy, data security, and advertising in all its forms. As such, all their ads must be fair, truthful, and clearly delineated from editorial content. Advertisers are further responsible for making sure that all claims made are reasonably substantiated. Furthermore, advertisers must work in compliance with our Prohibited Content Guidelines and Additional Standards for Advertisers, which you can read more about below.
All ads appearing on our sites are reviewed regularly, and we reserve the right to, without notice, review any ad content that we deem is in violation of our Guidelines.
Ads on our sites are barred from containing or promoting the following:
- Ads appearing on any of are sites are prohibited from displaying or promoting the sale or use of drugs, tobacco and alcohol (beer and wine excluded). However, ads pertaining to quitting tobacco are allowed. Any ads that promote the use of or display paraphernalia of any of these kinds of products are disallowed as well.
- Ads appearing on our sites are prohibited from promoting the use or creation of firearms and the sales or distribution of firearms, explosives, weapons of any kind or pyrotechnical equipment or products. Nor can ads promote violence, emotional harm, or abuse against humans or animals.
- Ads appearing on our sites are prohibited from promoting illegal or questionable activities including hacking, counterfeiting and other crimes that violate intellectual property and the contractual rights of others. Nor can ads promote any type of scame, pyramid schemes, marketing scams or any type of investor fraud. Gambling, casinos, online gambling, and sports betting is also unallowed in our ads. However, ads with state lottery content are allowed.
- Ads appearing on our sites are prohibited from displaying hate speech, bigoted idealogy or discrimination of any kind toward an indiviudal or group.
- Ads appearing on our sites are prohibited from exhibiting profanity, obscenities, or offensive language, videos, sounds or other media.
- Ads appearing on our sites may not contain hostile, hateful, violent or inflammatory speech pertaining to religious or political views or affiliations. Nor may ads exploit these views and groups for commercial uses.
- Ads appearing on our sites are prohibited from displaying nudity, partial or otherwise, sexually suggestive content, depictions of individuals engaged in sexual congress or activity or any text, images, speech, video or audio that is sexually suggestive or explicit. Ads are barred from promoting escort, prostitute or any other sexually oriented services and products.
- Ads appearing on our sites are prohibited from contain any slanderous, offensive or otherwise debasing content which is intended to harm or or the reputation of an individual or group.
- Ads appearing on our sites are prohibited from displaying overly crude or vulgar imagery that is likely to upset or disturb users.
- Ads appearing on our sites are prohibited from promoting violent military aggression or ideology that is intended to elicit unlawful behaviours towards the goals of a certain group over another.
- Ads appearing on our site are prohibited from containing sensitive subject matter such as finance, medical conditions, psychological conditions, political affiliation, criminal records, age, race, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, trade union affiliation, or religious or political affiliations.
- Ads appearing on our sites cannot promote or promise free goods or services.
- Ads appearing on our sites are prohibited from targeting children and minors with cartoons or other child-oriented media.
- Ads appearing on our sites are prohibited from making confusing claims that users are unlikely to understand.
- Ads appearing on our sites are prohibited from displaying “before/after” images that depict or promise unreasonable and unrealistic results relating to a product or service.
- Ads appearing on our sites are prohibited from promoting actions or treatments that are detrimental to consumers such as drug abuse, bulimia, anorexia, or binge drinking. Ads are also prohibited from making health claims that are unfounded and unsubstantiated. In some cases, advertisers may be required to provide documentation that support the claims related to their product and/or service.
- Ads appearing on our sites are prohibited from containing content in any form that is misleading, false, deceptive including banners and buttons that are intended to generate false clicks.
- Ads appearing on our sites may not contain content that is in direct competition with Health Insiders, our company, parent company, affiliates or any other associated organization or group.
All ads appearing on our site must also comply with the following stipulations:
- Ads appearing on our sites must not contain disruptive or disorientating audio or animated content that plays automatically.
- Ads appearing on our sites are prohibited from containing pop ups, lead ads, floating layers, or download offers.
- Ads appearing on our sites must not contain malware of all kinds, keyloggers, viruses, trojans or any form of malicious code.
- Ads appearing on our sites must not attempt to trick the user into providing any type of sensitive or personal information.
- Ads appearing on our site must be clearly marked and distinguished between ad content and editorial content.
- Ads appearing on our sites must be compatible with major operating system formats (PC/Mac) as well as all major internet browsers.
- Ads appearing on our sites are prohibited from falsely claiming or implying that they have any influence in our editorial process in any way.
- Ads appearing on our sites are prohibited from claiming, implying or suggesting that Health Insiders endorses any product, service or organization.
- Ads appearing on our sites that have associated landing pages must be relevant to the advertisement itself and must not mislead or bait the user into being navigated to a page for something totally unrelated to the ad.
- Ads appearing on our sites may not plagiarize or violate the intellectual property, copyright, trademark, or patent rights of Health Insiders or any other third-party whether they are affiliated with our Company or not. Ads must not interfere with the user experience (taking up excessive space on a page, displaying distracting images or sounds, etc.) or display trademarked Health Insiders logos or content.
- Ads appearing on our sites are prohibited from including open-box forms intended to gather any information from users. Ads may not collect mailing list information without the expressed consent of the user. Ads are not allowed to collect identifying data on Health Insiders users and are prohibited from implementing data storage technology such as cookies and applets that could potentially carry identifiable personal data and store it on the devices of Health Insiders users. Advertisers must adhere at all times to applicable laws on digital data storage, manage data according to our strict policies regarding security, never misappropriate data collected, and never collect data for reasons that are not plainly in line with authorized purposes or through insecure means.
- HealthInsiders.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This page was last updated on Aug 17, 2019.