Nerium, now known as Neora, is a direct sales company that manufactures skin care products and supplements. Their skincare products are mostly anti-aging products, while the supplements are intended to promote skin health and beauty, improve sleep, and boost energy levels.
The company claims to employ a holistic approach when it comes to formulating their products.
In this review, we will only focus on Nerium’s anti-aging formulations. The first products launched by the company were the Age-Defying Night Cream and the Firming Body Contour Cream. More products were added as the years went by. The company describes its formula as “Smart Skincare.”
Nerium Ingredients – The Breakdown
Nerium products are built around a signature ingredient called NAE-8, which is composed of:
Nerium oleander Extract – The brand name Nerium is actually derived from the name of this plant. The extract used in Nerium anti-aging products is a proprietary, patented extract. One of its main functions is to provide antioxidant effects, which help protect the cells against free radical damage and delay the signs of skin aging. It shall help reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging in the face. It is also thought to have some antimicrobial properties.
The antioxidant effects were evaluated in the 2012 article from the Iranian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and the 2018 article from Industrial Crops and Products. Meanwhile, the antimicrobial effects were discussed in the 2004 article from the Asian Journal of Plant Sciences and 2007 article from Ancient Science of Life.
- Aloe Vera Extract – A staple not just of anti-aging products, but of skin care products in general due to its numerous benefits: antioxidant, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, moisturizing, nourishing, and wound-healing properties to name a few. These benefits are discussed in this 2017 review article from the Journal of Pre-Clinical and Clinical Research, as well as in this more recent systematic review from the Iranian Journal of Medical Sciences.
How Does It Work? | The Science Behind Nerium
Nerium products contain a blend of skin care staples like antioxidants, peptides, vitamins, and peptide extracts. These ingredients work together to hydrate and nourish the skin, thus promoting and maintaining their health and youthful beauty.
In addition, the antioxidants take care of free radicals and other factors that are known to hasten the aging process.
Nerium Pros & Cons
- It is made up of ingredients with tried-and-tested anti-aging ingredients.
- Helps fade away the signs of aging on the skin.
- Claims to nourish the skin and improve skin hydration.
- Can restore skin firmness and elasticity.
- Helps protect the skin against free-radical induced damage.
- Many users find the brand a little bit costlier compared to others.
- It may take quite a while for the improvements to become noticeable.
- It seems to trigger allergic reactions in some individuals.
Customer Questions and Answers
A: Use Nerium products as you would any other skin care products. For the extract instructions, refer to the label of each product.
A: Nerium products are not supposed to produce any adverse reactions, unless you have allergies or sensitive skin. In case of unwanted reactions, it is advised that you discontinue using the product right away.
A: Nerium is formulated to be safe for everyone, even in those with health problems. However, in case of severe or uncontrolled medical conditions, or when you’re simply in doubt, it is recommended that you consult your health specialist first.
A: The key ingredient used in Nerium products is not something that you often hear, hence the doubts whether it truly works or not. Nevertheless, you can be sure that this ingredient works wonders too, as evidenced by a couple of studies and actual reviews from satisfied users.
A: Nerium offers an unconditional, money-back guarantee for unsatisfied customers who will return their product within 30-days from the date of purchase.
|Vibriance Super C Serum||$47||Vitamin E, Hyaluronic Acid, Caffeine, 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Synovea Hr, Konjac Root|
|Rush Remedy||$98.87||Aloe vera, Fruit extract|
|DermaSet||$134.25||Hyaluronic Acid, Apple Stem Cells, Sea Fennel Stem Cells, Argireline Extract|
|Plexaderm||$59.95||Titanium Dioxide, Acetyl hexapeptide-8, hydrolyzed rice protein|
|InvisiCrepe Body Balm||$60||Niacinamide, DL Lipids, and ribose|
|Hanacure||$110.00||Lotus Leaf Extract, Green Tea Leaf Extract, Honeysuckle Flower Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Nicotynol Dipeptide, Copper Tripeptide|
Is Nerium Safe? – Warnings & Complaints
Despite its reputation for being a highly toxic plant, Nerium oleander is actually used for thousands of years in traditional medicine to treat various health conditions.
The key to its safety and effectiveness is proper preparation and dosage. The extract incorporated in Nerium products has been proven to be safe for daily use.
Nerium Customer Reviews & Results
Customers who have tried Nerium products have only good things to say about the product. They do admit that the brand is a little more expensive than others, albeit worth it. In fact, it is said that some of the products have reached the so-called cult-favorite status.
Nerium: Packages, Deals, Prices & Where to Buy It
Nerium products can be bought from the brand’s official website. They are sold as individual products or sets. Individual products cost anywhere from $38 to $290, with prices reduced if you subscribe to auto-ship.
Meanwhile, their most popular sets include the Cleanse, Correct, and Protect Set for $445 ($305 for auto-ship) and the Advanced Skincare Set for $398 ($549 for auto-ship).
The Bottom Line
Most people may find Nerium products expensive and therefore not for everyone. While it’s true that the brand is really more expensive than others, many users are claiming that it’s totally worth the hefty price tag.
After all, the company’s philosophy is to provide effective, long-term skincare benefits. Take this with a grain of salt, though, because when it comes to anti-aging products such as Formulyst, Juvederm, Lacura Q10 or any other product for that matter, they don’t work the same way for all people.
If you are still confused on which particular products to go with, do you own research or consult your dermatologist for some valuable advice.
Is There Anything Else You Should Know About Nerium?
Nerium also uses a few other patented or patent-pending ingredients, which include:
- SAL-14® – Composed of Bidens pilosa and Mauritia flexuosa, both of which are potent antioxidants.
- SIG-1273® (Optimera Formula) – Developed by a Princeton professor Dr. Jeffrey Stock, it is composed of an organic compound that serves to provide superior antioxidant properties.
- SIG-1191 – Also developed by Dr. Stock, it is composed of aloe vera, green tea, hyaluronic acid, and jojoba.
- Eco-Veil™ – There’s no information about the components, only that it mimics the skin’s natural barrier, thus protecting it from environmental stress.
- PhytoLumina – Composed of a proprietary blend of Alpinia officinarum root extract, Physalis pubescens fruit juice, and Bidens pilosa extract.
- IFIL4R® – Composed of white lily and Brazilian ginseng extracts.