Prevage is Elizabeth Arden’s signature line of anti-aging products. It includes anti-wrinkle creams, sun block, items for the eyes and lashes, and more.
These products offer benefits such as smoothing out wrinkles, making the skin brighter, and deeply hydrating. Also, they are very rich in antioxidants which can repair the skin.
Prevage Ingredients – The Breakdown
There are many different substances included in these products. Here are some examples of primary active ingredients.
- Idebenone – This is a powerful antioxidant that can lessen oxidative stress and kill free radicals on the skin. This can reverse some of the damage of aging. An article in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology examined this substance as a current topical antioxidant for treating the signs of aging linked to cellular oxidative stress.
- Tree Mushroom Extract – These mushrooms are potent antioxidants that can repair damage to the skin, and they also have anti-inflammatory properties. An article in Industrial Crops and Products discussed the use of mushroom extracts is cosmetics, cosmeceuticals, and nutricosmetics.
- Hibiscus Seed Extract – These are the seeds from a flowering plant in the Malvaceae family. They are beneficial to the skin. A study in the International Journal of Cosmetic Science showed that these seeds have a protective effect on the skin.
How Does It Work? | The Science Behind Prevage
There are many ingredients in the different products in this line, but the one central one is a potent antioxidant called Idebenone.
This substance can prevent the skin from aging by killing damaging free radicals on the skin. It can also repair damage to the skin.
Several studies have found evidence that Idebenone has anti-aging properties.
For example, a study published in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology found that using this substance for 6 weeks led to a reduction in skin dryness, wrinkles, and photodamaged skin. There was also an increase in hydration.
Prevage Pros & Cons
- These products may smooth out wrinkles and lines.
- They could protect the skin from sun damage.
- Prevage can make the skin look brighter.
- They’re very high in antioxidants.
- These products can moisturise the skin.
- These are very expensive products.
- Idebenone is too strong for people with sensitive skin.
- It takes 6 weeks before it really starts working.
Customer Questions and Answers
A: There are numerous Prevage products in the Elizabeth Arden line. Each of them has separate instructions which are on the item itself.
A: Each items has its own set of ingredients, but the only real side effect you may experience is an allergic reaction or rash and itchiness at the site where you used the product.
Idebenone, the main ingredient in this line, is a potent substance which can cause these symptoms in sensitive skin. If this occurs, stop using the product and see a dermatologist if necessary.
A: If you have an allergy to one of the ingredients, you should avoid the product. Check the ingredients list carefully to make sure everything is suitable for you.
A: This product line contains very high-quality ingredients which should have a beneficial effect on the skin. Certainly Idebenone, the central ingredient, is a rich antioxidant which can repair the skin. According to the majority of the customer reviews, these are very effective products.
A: The company has a 30-day return policy. If you’re dissatisfied with the product, let the company know and send it back in good condition. You’ll receive a full refund, excepting the shipping and handling costs.
|Prevage||$60-$419||Idebenone, Retinyl Linoleate, Tree Mushroom Extract, Thiotane, Lipochroman 6|
|DermaSet||$134.25||Hyaluronic Acid, Apple Stem Cells, Sea Fennel Stem Cells, Argireline Extract|
|Crepe Erase||$49.95||Coconut oil, Shea butter, Beeswax, Cassava|
|Meaningful Beauty||Variable||Palmitic Acid (Age recovery Cream), Sodium Hydroxide (Skin Softening Cleanser), Dextrin Palmitate (Plumping Lip Gloss)|
|LifeCell||$189||Hyaluronic Acid, Retinol, Deanol, Ubiquinone|
|Kremotex||$79.98||Apple Stem Cells, Peptides, Jojoba Seed Oil, Vitamin C, Licorice Root Extract|
Prevage is a unique line with its own set of ingredients. In fact each of these product lines is quite unique in the substances they include in their items.
In terms of price, Prevage is at the top end for these brands. It has quite an expensive set of products.
Is Prevage Safe? – Warnings & Complaints
There were no specific warnings or complaints about the safety of these products. They contain high-quality natural ingredients and should be fine.
At most, you may have a reaction to one of the substances included like Idebenone and experience a rash or redness. If this happens, stop using the product.
Prevage Customer Reviews & Results
Users are mostly saying very positive things about these products. The majority of customers appreciate the quality, the ingredients, and the effects of the items.
They do claim to have smoother skin and less wrinkles and fine lines. What many do not like about this product line is the high prices.
Naturally, there are some customers who find these products less effective than others, but they are less numerous.
Prevage: Packages, Deals, Prices & Where to Buy It
You can buy these products from the manufacturer’s official website, from Amazon, and from a number of other online and offline retailers. There are a number of products in the line.
Here are the prices of some of the most popular items from the official site.
- Anti-Aging Overnight Cream – $178
- Anti-Aging + Intensive Repair Daily Serum –$285
- Anti-Aging + Intensive Repair Eye Serum – $165
- Anti-Aging Antioxidant Infusion Essence – $120
- Anti-Aging Treatment-Boosting Cleanser – $65
- Anti-Aging Daily Serum Duo – $412.53
- Anti-Aging Daily Serum + Overnight Cream – $359.39
- Anti-Aging Moisture Cream Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 30 – $165
- Superstart Boost Your Skincare Set – $96.49
- Clinical Lash + Brow Enhancing Serum – $122
The Bottom Line
Prevage is an anti-aging skin care line by Elizabeth Arden. It includes a wide collection of products to remove the signs of age from your face, eyes, lashes, and brows.
These products are expensive, but they contain a high-quality collection of ingredients that should be effective.
Generally speaking, the reviewers agree with this sentiment. The majority of customers were happy with the products they bought and felt that they did see anti-aging benefits. People mentioned wrinkles diminishing and softer, more supple skin.
These products can be hard on sensitive skin, as they contain potent ingredients. If you experience a rash or redness, stop using the product and see a doctor if necessary. You should get approval from a dermatologist before using these items.
Is There Anything Else You Should Know About Prevage?
Prevage is a luxurious line of anti-aging skincare products from Elizabeth Arden. We hope that these items do all that they promise to do, in terms of smoothing out wrinkles and enhancing your skin.
There are natural things you can do to make sure your skin is as preserved as possible over time. Here are some tips:
- Keep your skin clean by using a good quality face wash on a daily basis, morning, and night.
- Follow a healthy, nutrient-rich diet high in vitamins and minerals.
- Use a moisturizer on your face on a daily basis, to keep the skin hydrated.
- Remove your makeup carefully with a high-quality product at the end of the day.