This product was developed by the three founders who were struggling with hair loss themselves.
After failing to get results from other available hair loss solutions in the market, they worked with a team of experts, including hair specialists and naturopathic doctors, and were able to develop a product that is effective and safe.
The core solutions of Nutrafol include supplements for women and men. After a hair wellness evaluation with their team, you can also purchase other targeted boosters such as the stress adaptogen, DHT inhibitor, hairbiotic, digestive enzymes, vitamin B-booster, liver support, and sugar balance.
Nutrafol Ingredients – What to Look For
The ingredients that set Nutrafol apart from other hair thinning/loss solutions include:
- Biotin – This is vitamin B7 and is recommended by experts for stronger and healthier hair. While Nutrafol claims it is beneficial, this review from the journal Skin Appendage Disorders claims that there’s no effect if the cause of hair loss is not biotin deficiency.
- Cayenne Pepper Extract – Capsaicin, the substance that makes cayenne peppers spicy, is said to stop hair thinning and promote hair growth according to this journal article from Growth Hormone and IGF Research. It does so through several suggested mechanisms. First, it is involved in the production of proteins that stimulate hair growth. Second, it helps fight stress that can result in hair loss. Lastly, it improves blood circulation around the hair follicles that, in turn, improves the health and growth of hair.
- Ashwagandha – This herb originating in India may help with several symptoms of hair loss. According to the Pharmacognosy Journal and Drug Metabolism and Drug Interactions, it has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties in addition to its ability to improve blood circulation. It may also lower the levels of cortisol, a stress-inducing hormone, and may also eliminate dandruff.
How Does It Work | The Science Behind Nutrafol
Nutrafol is intended to reduce hair loss regardless of race but with consideration of gender. It claims to restore hair health by promoting hormonal balance and reducing the production of stress hormones by the body.
According to its manufacturer, Nutrafol is more effective than other hair loss products due to the fact that it utilizes a concoction of ingredients that targets hair loss at its root cause.
Nutrafol Pros & Cons
Despite the good reviews in general, there are still some advantages and disadvantages to consider before using Nutrafol.
- It consists of ingredients with proven hair growth benefits.
- It is said to possess some DHT-blocking qualities.
- It may support the keratin infrastructure of the body.
- It may promote the health of the scalp.
- It may protect the hair follicles against free radical-induced damage.
- It only works on hair thinning/loss resulting from nutrient deficiencies.
- It does not increase hair count.
- Some users reported adverse side effects.
Customer Questions and Answers
A: To maximize the effects of Nutrafol, it is advised to take four capsules daily, alongside 6-7 grams of healthy fat that makes the supplement easier to absorb.
A: There are no severe side effects noted, as long as the consumer is not allergic to any of the ingredients listed. However, some less serious side effects associated with capsaicin and ashwagandha have been reported, such as the upset stomach, diarrhea, and occasional headaches.
A: Nutrafol is safe to be consumed by anyone. However, it is wise to consult your doctor prior to taking the supplement if you're concerned.
A: Reviews from customers claim that Nutrafol works. However, there is still no concrete scientific evidence to support such claims, so it might be challenging to determine whether the product will be effective for all individuals.
A: For customers who are not satisfied with the results, Nutrafol has a refund or exchange policy that is valid within 30 days from the date of purchase.
|SuperHair Daily Hair Nutrition||$60.00||Adaptogens, Multi-vitamins, Follicle Protectors, Hair Micronutrients|
|Lipogaine||$20-$29.95||Minoxidil 2% and Minoxidil 5%|
|Folexin||$24.95||Fo-Ti, Biotin, L-Tyrosine, Saw Palmetto|
|Propidren||$39.99||Green Tea Extract, Nettle Root, Fo-Ti Root, Saw Palmetto, Horsetail Extract|
|LES Labs Hair Health||$29.99||Biotin, bamboo extract, hydrolyzed keratin, MSM|
|Shapiro MD||$49.95||Green Tea (EGCG), Caffeine, Saw Palmetto|
|Keranique Hair Regrowth System||$49.95||Minoxidil 2%, Peppermint oil, Keratin|
Is Nutrafol Safe? – Warnings & Complaints
The manufacturers of Nutrafol claim that their product is safe to use.
Nutrafol Customer Reviews & Results
Customer reviews found online stated that the product was effective in making their hair thicker in a span of a few weeks. However, none state clearly that their hair was growing longer.
Nutrafol: Packages, Deals, Prices & Where to Buy It
Nutrafol is available on various online retail sites and on the manufacturer’s website.
You can check the details and prices of the products on the manufacturer’s site but will have to create an account before ordering.
The Bottom Line
Nutrafol uses natural ingredients to help combat hair thinning and loss. Therefore, it may be safer to use than other alternatives that contain chemicals that could potentially harm your health.
Is There Anything Else You Should Know About Nutrafol?
Nutrafol offers different formulations for men and women. It is also recommended that you undergo their hair wellness evaluation to find the best hair growth products and plan that is suitable for you.
 Biotin Deficiency - an overview | ScienceDirect https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/biochemistry-genetics-and-molecular-biology/biotin-deficiency
 A Prospective, Randomized Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study of Safety and Efficacy of a High-Concentration Full-Spectrum Extract of Ashwagandha Root in Reducing Stress and Anxiety in Adults https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3573577/
 Capsaicin (Topical Route) Side Effects - Mayo Clinic https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/capsaicin-topical-route/side-effects/drg-20062561
 Ashwagandha Uses, Benefits & Side Effects - Drugs.com https://www.drugs.com/npc/ashwagandha.html