About Viviscal Extra Strength
Viviscal Extra Strength is a dietary supplement that claims to promote hair health and growth.
It may work by nourishing not just the hair and hair follicles, but the scalp as well.
Aside from this hair vitamin, Viviscal also offers other hair loss solutions in the form of specially-formulated elixirs, shampoos, and conditioners.
Viviscal Extra Strength Pros & Cons
- Its effectiveness is supported by a double-blind, placebo-controlled study published in Dermatology Research and Practice.
- It consists of ingredients that may help promote hair growth and stop hair loss.
- It may also improve overall scalp health.
- Its effects (i.e. speed of hair growth) varies among individuals.
- It may not help increase hair count.
- Some users reported experiencing adverse side effects.
How Does It Work? | The Science Behind Viviscal Extra Strength
Using natural ingredients, it claims to promote hair growth primarily by nourishing the hair follicles and ensuring their proper function. It can also help in strengthening existing hairs, so they won’t fall off or break easily.
Furthermore, it may also prevent certain nutritional deficiencies that could result in hair loss. All you have to do is take the supplement on a regular basis.
The serving size will be two tablets per day, taken once in the morning and again in the evening.
Make sure that you have eaten before taking the supplements. The program works in four stages that span 180 days.
Viviscal Extra Strength Ingredients – What to Look For
Viviscal products contain natural ingredients mixed with non-medicinal ones to make the best product for you:
Shark Cartilage – Shark cartilage from Mako, Tiger, and Dogfish have proven to be useful when it comes to nourishing hair tissues. Some of the critical components of shark cartilage that showed to help support healthier scalp include calcium, proteins, polysaccharides, glucosamine, and collagen.
Supplementation with collagen, in fact, has been found to be the key in improving the physical appearance of hair, according to this article in the Journal of Nutrition and Food Sciences.
Oyster – Oysters are rich in zinc, one of the key minerals in hair loss, according to this review article from Dermatology and Therapy. Zinc contributes to the growth and repair of tissues. It can help hair become healthier by ensuring proper function of the oil glands near the hair follicles.
Acerola Cherry – This fruit is rich in vitamin C which, in turn, plays an important role in the production of collagen by the body. It can also helps maximize iron absorption, which is beneficial since one of the many causes of hair loss is iron deficiency as reported by a study in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology.
Silica – Another essential nutrient for the health of skin and hair is silica. This mineral improves hair elasticity while repairing damages to the strands and follicles.
Viviscal Extra Strength – Questions and Answers
Q: How to Use Viviscal Extra Strength?
A: Two tablets of Viviscal Extra Strength must be taken per day, one in the morning after breakfast and another at the evening before going to bed.
For more noticeable results, manufacturers recommended users to take it consistently for 90-180 days.
Q: Does Viviscal Extra Strength Have Any Side Effects?
A: There are no severe side effects associated with the use of Viviscal Extra Strength. However, some ingredients of the ingredients may cause you to experience fatigue, stomach discomfort, vomiting, nausea, and constipation at worst.
CAUTION: If any of these happens, stop using the product and consult a physician.
Q: Can I Take Viviscal Extra Strength If I Have A Health Condition?
A: Depending on your medical condition, you will still have to consult your physician prior to using Viviscal Extra Strength. This is to ensure that it does not affect any of your medications.
WARNING: If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, it is advised that you stop using this product unless your health specialist approves it.
Q: Does Viviscal Extra Strength Work?
A: A study by the manufacturers proved that the product could increase hair health. However, the results may still vary among individuals.
Q: What Is Viviscal Extra Strength Money Back Guarantee, Return & Refund Policy?
A: Viviscal offers a 90-day money-back guarantee on all their products bought directly from the website. If you are not satisfied with the results, contact them for more information about the refund process.
Viviscal Extra Strength Alternatives
|Folexin||$24.95||Fo-Ti, Biotin, L-Tyrosine, Saw Palmetto|
|H-Boost||$54.99||Copper, selenium, vitamin C, pantothenic acid|
|LES Labs Hair Health||$29.99||Biotin, bamboo extract, hydrolyzed keratin, MSM|
|Shapiro MD||$49.95||Green Tea (EGCG), Caffeine, Saw Palmetto|
|Propidren||$39.99||Green Tea Extract, Fo Ti Root, Nettle Extract, Saw Palmetto, Horsetail Extract.|
|Lipogaine||$20-$29.95||Minoxidil 2% and Minoxidil 5%|
Is Viviscal Extra Strength Safe? – Warnings & Complaints
It is free of any ingredients that have been previously banned or listed as dangerous by the FDA.
However, customers are advised to consume the right serving size indicated in the label.
Viviscal Extra Strength Customer Reviews & Results
The available online reviews about the product are mostly positive. The general consensus is that the product produced noticeable changes health and growth of hair.
Viviscal Extra Strength: Packages, Deals, Prices & Where to Buy It
You can buy Viviscal Extra Strength from their official website as well as other retail stores online.
The Bottom Line
With proof provided by the manufacturer that it works, it is deemed to be an adequate hair growth supplement that will help you grow healthier hair faster.
It can also keep the scalp and follicles healthy using minerals and vitamins.
Is There Anything Else You Should Know About Viviscal Extra Strength?
For best results, the product must be used consistently for 90-180 days.
2. Collagen: The Fibrous Proteins of the Matrix https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK21582/
3. A Nutritional Supplement Formulated with Peptides, Lipids, Collagen and Hyaluronic Acid Optimizes Key Aspects of Physical Appearance in Nails, Hair and Skin http://www.beautyscoop.com/_pdf/NutritionandFoodSciencesJournalArticle.pdf
4. The Role of Vitamins and Minerals in Hair Loss: A Review https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6380979/
5. [Oral zinc therapy and sebaceous gland secretion (author's transl)] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7234044
6. Acerola https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/food-science/acerola
7. Acerola, an untapped functional superfruit: a review on latest frontiers https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6098779/
8. The diagnosis and treatment of iron deficiency and its potential relationship to hair loss https://www.jaad.org/article/S0190-9622(05)04745-6/fulltext
9. The chemistry of silica and its potential health benefits https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17435951
10. A 3-Month, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study Evaluating the Ability of an Extra-Strength Marine Protein Supplement to Promote Hair Growth and Decrease Shedding in Women with Self-Perceived Thinning Hair https://www.hindawi.com/journals/drp/2015/841570/