About Shapiro MD
Shapiro MD is marketed as an organic shampoo/conditioner which is supposed to encourage hair growth. The product should thicken your hair and make it grow in much fuller.
It’s intended for men over the age of 18, and post-menopausal women. This is a product that was designed directly by dermatologists and dermatological experts.
Shapiro MD Ingredients – What to Look For
There are 3 main active ingredients in this product, as well as a number of inactive substances.
The active ingredients include:
- Green Tea (EGCG) – The active ingredient in green tea is EGCG. It can both stimulate hair follicles, so they grow and prolong the hair growth cycle. This leads to fuller, thicker hair. Green tea inhibits the release of the hormone DHT, which leads to hair loss. A study in Phytomedicine found that green tea does stimulate hair growth.
- Caffeine – This is a psychoactive stimulant found in coffee, tea, and chocolate. In shampoo, it has the effect of stimulating the hair follicles to stop the effects of the hormone DHT. This hormone leads to hair loss. It can stimulate the flow of blood in the scalp and encourage hair to grow. Research published in the International Journal of Trichology showed that topically-applied caffeine can lead to hair growth.
- Saw Palmetto Berry – The berries come from the Saw Palmetto tree, and they’re known to have medicinal benefits. It’s rich in potent antioxidants, which can prevent further damage to the hair follicles. Saw palmetto berry also inhibits the release of DHT. An article in the Journal of Cutaneous and Aesthetic Surgery said that there is little evidence to support a connection between saw palmetto and hair growth.
How Does It Work? | The Science Behind Shapiro MD
There are two processes at work in this product. There’s a hormone called DHT which, when released, causes hair loss. It’s been linked to male pattern baldness. The ingredients in this product block DHT from being released.
Another process at work involves the use of stem cells included in the product. They can rejuvenate your hair follicles, stimulating them to grow. The Journal of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery present evidence for the use of stem cells for hair regrowth.
Shapiro MD Pros & Cons
- This product could make your hair grow.
- It can make your hair thicker and fuller.
- Shapiro MD contains only organic ingredients.
- The product is designed by dermatologists.
- It’s only supposed to take 30 days to work.
- This is an expensive product.
- There are quite a few inactive ingredients.
- There are a number of users who found the product ineffective.
Customer Questions and Answers
A: There are no specific instructions provided, but this is a shampoo/conditioner and should presumably be used like all shampoo/conditioners.
Wet your hair, add shampoo and rub your scalp. Lather up the shampoo. Wash off. If you have particularly oily hair, repeat a second time.
A: According to the manufacturer, there are no side effects associated with taking this product. Women who are of childbearing age should not take it, as it can hurt the fetus.
CAUTION: If you should experience unpleasant side effects, stop taking the product immediately and see a doctor if necessary.
A: There are no health conditions that preclude using this product, unless you're allergic to one of the ingredients. Look at the list of inactive substances carefully, because there are quite a few.
A: It worked for about half of the customers who wrote reviews. For the other half, it was completely ineffective. It's difficult to come to a final conclusion except to say that the product seems to function differently for different users.
A: The manufacturer is offering a 60-day return policy. If you're dissatisfied with the product for any reason at all, let the company know and send back the unused portion. You'll get a full refund, minus the shipping fees.
Shapiro MD Alternatives
|Shapiro MD||$49.95||Green Tea (EGCG), Caffeine, Saw Palmetto|
|LES Labs Hair Health||$29.99||Biotin, bamboo extract, hydrolyzed keratin, MSM|
|Lipogaine||$20-$29.95||Minoxidil 2% and Minoxidil 5%|
|Folexin||$24.95||Fo-Ti, Biotin, L-Tyrosine, Saw Palmetto|
|Propidren||$39.99||Green Tea Extract, Fo Ti Root, Nettle Extract, Saw Palmetto, Horsetail Extract.|
|H-Boost||$54.99||Copper, selenium, vitamin C, pantothenic acid|
|Keranique Hair Regrowth System||$49.95||Minoxidil 2%, Peppermint oil, Keratin|
The price of Shapiro MD is about mid-range in the market. There are hair growth products which are a lot more expensive, and some that are quite a bit cheaper.
The ingredients are quite different in every product, with very little overlap.
Is Shapiro MD Safe? – Warnings & Complaints
According to the manufacturer claims, there were no warnings about side effects are anything similar. The product is quite safe for most people, as long as you aren’t allergic to something in it.
CAUTION: However, this is limited to men above 18 and post-menopausal women.
Shapiro MD Customer Reviews & Results
The reviews are divided right down the middle. There are users who are very pleased with this product, and they felt it made their hair grow in very thick.
The other half of the reviews were from customers who found the product totally ineffective and a waste of money. Some had trouble getting their refund as per the policy.
Shapiro MD: Packages, Deals, Prices & Where to Buy It
You can buy this product on the manufacturer’s official website for $49.95. You can get it at Walmart, and from other third-party retailers.
It’s also for sale on Amazon, and the prices are as follows:
- One month, one-time purchase – $64.99
- One month, monthly subscription – $61.74
- 2 months – $100
- 4 months – $214
The Bottom Line
Shapiro MD is an organic shampoo/conditioner which is meant to encourage the hair to grow thicker and fuller. The reviews for this product were mixed.
As much as there were some excellent reports from happy customers, there were also a number of users who found the product ineffective.
Shapiro MD is a shampoo and conditioner, and both are organic, so you don’t have to get a doctor’s approval to use it unless you have very sensitive skin.
However, if you should experience burning, itching, rash, or any other symptoms, stop using Shapiro MD immediately and see a doctor if necessary. Few reviewers mentioned side effects.
Is There Anything Else You Should Know About Shapiro MD?
Hopefully, Shapiro MD will be the product that helps to grow in your hair nice and thick.
There are some natural methods you can also try to make your hair grow.
Here are some tips:
- Rub olive oil through your hair once a day. Many people believe this will thicken your hair (source).
- Apply raw egg to your hair, leave it on for 30 minutes, then wash it out.
- A healthy diet rich in nutrients, fruits, and vegetables can help thicken thinning hair.
- Apply a rub of avocado and olive oil mixed together on your hair. Leave it on for 30 minutes, then wash out.