About The Zuccarin Diet
Zuccarin is a weight-loss supplement made by New Nordic, Inc. based out of Scandinavia. The company prides itself on its “From Seed to Heart” program where they plant their own herbs and manage every step of production for every product they sell.
Zuccarin is meant to reduce the absorption of carbohydrates to aid in weight loss, weight management, as well as manage blood sugar levels. The key ingredient in this supplement pill is white mulberry leaf extract.
Zuccarin Ingredients – The Breakdown
There are 3 primary active ingredients in Zuccarin:
- Chromium (133mcg) – An essential mineral crucial to the metabolism of carbohydrates and fat. There is controversy over whether chromium supplementation can reduce blood sugar levels in those with Diabetes.
- Calcium (calcium phosphate) (64mg) – An important mineral for strong bones. Calcium phosphate is 1 of the 3 types of calcium used in supplements. Calcium citrate and calcium carbonate are also common, but calcium phosphate is easily absorbed and does not cause gas or constipation. Make sure to also get your daily dose of Vitamin D so your body can efficiently use the calcium from your diet and supplements!
- White Mulberry (leaf extract) (Morus alba L.) 1% 1-Deoxynojirimycin (1-DNJ) (800mg) – An herb used in Traditional Chinese Medicine since 500AD to “stop wasting and thirsting disorder,” meaning to normalize blood sugar levels in those with blood sugar management issues. It is thought the main ingredient in white mulberry responsible for this action is 1-deoxynojirimycin (DNJ). This study discusses the significant potential for this leaf extract to prevent Diabetes and improve both blood sugar and insulin levels in those with Diabetes. However, this particular study contained a standard 5% DNJ in each dose of mulberry extract tested, with a maximum dose of 500mg. The amount of mulberry extract in this supplement is 800mg per pill, but only contains 1% DNJ.
How Does It Work – The Science Behind Zuccarin
In regards to blood sugar management, the white mulberry leaf extract is the only ingredient proven to manage blood sugar levels by reducing the absorption of carbohydrates. Weight loss, on the other hand, is certainly questionable.
One could assume if the absorption of carbohydrates decreases, it could reduce the number of calories stored and result in weight loss. However, like mentioned above, the single study supporting the use of mulberry extract for weight loss included following a very low-calorie diet to obtain weight loss, so the weight loss could be more attributed to the low-calorie diet versus the extract itself.
Not to mention, the other ingredients are not strongly connected to blood sugar management or weight loss.
Zuccarin Pros & Cons
- The “From Seed to Heart” program is very desirable and promotes wholesome, natural ingredient usage
- Research supports the use of white mulberry extract to reduce blood sugar levels
- May reduce carbohydrate absorption
- May result in weight loss
- Vegan friendly and Non-GMO
- Dairy-free and gluten-free
- Short list of “other ingredients” – no flavors or color additives
- The recommended dosage is 3 pills each day, which may be an excessive daily amount of each active ingredient
- There is no strong evidence supporting the use of the Zuccarin supplement or mulberry extract to promote weight loss
- Does not appear to be tested by a third-party lab for safety and quality assurance
Consumer Questions and Answers
Take 1 tablet 20 minutes before a meal, 3 times per day.
New Nordic sells Zuccarin in 1, 3, 6, and 12 bottles. Each bottle contains 60 tablets, providing a 20-day supply. The shipping fee is $6.95 across the country for all orders under $50, but if you spend more than that, you receive free shipping.
Pricing and shipping from other retailers vary.
- 1 Bottle = $24.95
- 3 Bottles = $21.21
- 6 Bottles = $18.71
- 12 Bottles = $16.22
All prices listed here are as they appear on the official New Nordic website and are subject to change.
The doses used in 1 tablet per day appears safe to the general public, but if taking more than 1 per day, it could interact with medications, promote gastrointestinal issues, and put unnecessary strain on your kidneys as some customers experienced stomach pain, nausea, headaches, and dizziness.
This supplement is not recommended for those pregnant or breastfeeding and specifically states to consult a healthcare professional prior to use if you have a kidney disorder and/or Diabetes.
Although no significant side effects were mentioned in reviews, you should consult your doctor prior to starting this supplement or any new regimen to ensure there are no pre-existing health condition concerns or medication interactions.
New Nordic does not offer a money back guarantee, but will assist with compensation or exchanges should any issues arise with the product you purchased. The company allows 30 days for you to return your product from the date you received it in the mail.
In order to be eligible for a refund, proof of purchase and a completed customer complaint form sent by the quality assurance manager needs to be returned to the company. Once New Nordic receives everything, they will initiate a refund, but you are responsible for all shipping costs.
Zuccarin Alternatives For Weight Loss
|Burn TS||$58.37||Meratrim, ChromeMate, Green Tea Extract, Caffeine|
|Phen375||$65.95||Caffeine Anhydrous, L-Carnitine,Citrus Aurantium,Chromium,
|Hydroxycut||$39.99||Choline Bitarte, L-theanine, caffeine, ashwagandha|
|Fit Affinity Lean Fat Burner for Her||$39.99||Garcinia Cambogia, Acetyl L-Carnitine HCl, Green Tea Extract, Raspberry Ketones|
|PhenQ||$69.95||Calcium Carbonate, Caffeine Anhydrous, Capsimax, Piperine Extract, A-lacy’s Reset, Chromium Picolinate|
|RazaLean||$69.95||Capsaicin, caffeine, kelp, apple cider vinegar, turmeric, arginine|
Zuccarin Alternative For Blood Sugar
|Nutrivein Premium Berberine HCL 1200mg||$19.99||Berberine HCL|
Zuccarin Consumer Reviews & Results
There are slightly more positive than negative reviews for this product overall, combining reviews from the company website, Amazon, Walgreens, and various online stores that also sell Zuccarin.
Some consumers experienced lower blood sugar levels, decreased appetite and cravings, and mild weight loss while others found no changes and/or experienced negative side effects.
The Bottom Line
The final analysis of this product is that it appears to be rather mediocre, especially for promoting weight loss because it’s missing several popular weight loss supplement ingredients.
Zuccarin also requires a very high dosage intake, which could be problematic. Although this supplement may work for some customers, it appears there are better supplements available for aiding in weight loss as well as blood sugar management.