About Fit Affinity Lean Fat Burner (LFB)
Fit Affinity is a weight loss supplement made by Fit Affinity Pty. Ltd. This company makes a few different supplements for weight loss and body sculpting and also offers several workout plans for consumers to buy.
The company claims the Lean Fat Burner supplement increases energy levels, boosts mood and metabolism, and optimizes your body’s ability to burn fat, even without exercise.
Fit Affinity Ingredients – The Breakdown
There are several active ingredients in Fit Affinity:
- Cayenne Powder (250mg) – Capsaicin is the active ingredient in cayenne powder made from chili peppers. This review discusses several potential benefits of capsaicin such as suppressing appetite, increasing metabolism, and promoting abdominal fat loss.
- Green Tea Leaf Powder Extract (250mg) – This extract may boost metabolism to promote weight loss, but likely lead to only a small change on the scale, if any. According to Consumer Reports, the action of green tea extract is likely related to the combination of antioxidants and caffeine. It is important to note large amounts (>1,000mg per day) of green tea extract can be harmful to the liver, but this supplement contains much less.
- Caffeine (130mg) – not much research exists about the effects of caffeine on weight loss, but the Mayo Clinic states caffeine may boost your weight loss efforts or prevent weight gain by mildly suppressing appetite and potentially increasing your resting metabolic rate, in turn burning more calories throughout the day. If you’re sensitive to caffeine and get jittery, this still may be an option for you if you know your limit is above 260mg, as the serving size is 2 capsules per day. For the general public, 260mg is well below the recommended 400mg limit per day that appears to be safe for healthy adults.
- Acetyl L- Carnitine HCl (110mg) – carnitine is in nearly every cell in the body and is essential for burning fat for energy. Interestingly, there are 3 different forms of carnitine as discussed in Medical News: L-carnitine, Acetyl-L-carnitine, and Propionyl-L-carnitine. This blog written by a Registered Dietitian provides an easy to understand explanation of the differences between L- and Acetyl-L-carnitine. L-carnitine is popular in the exercise world for its role in converting fat into energy, resulting in weight loss. However, Acetyl-L-carnitine does the same and more – it’s able to support brain function as well. Although current research like this focuses on the benefits of L-carnitine and its ability to significantly decrease Body Mass Index, waist circumference, and body weight, other sources and research like this article shed light on additional benefits Acetyl-L-carnitine has to offer.
- Other Active Ingredients: Biotin (100mcg), Pantothenic Acid (20mg), Choline (100mg), Advantra-Z Citrus Aurantium Powder Extract (50mg), Cocoa Seed Extract (50mg), Guggul Powder Extract (50mg), Alpha Lipoic Acid (44mg)
How Does It Work | The Science Behind Fit Affinity
The Science behind LFB is in the combination of ingredients used to promote weight loss. Each main active ingredient discussed above has research to support the use of it for weight loss.
Whether weight loss effects of the ingredients alone are mild to significant – any boost can be helpful in reaching your weight loss goal.
Fit Affinity Pros & Cons
- Research minimally supports the ingredients that make up most of the supplement to promote weight loss in some aspect
- May suppress appetite and curb cravings to simply reduce overeating
- May increase calories burned at rest
- Does not contain an excessive amount of caffeine
- Manufactured in the US in an FDA registered and cGMP certified facility
- Appears to contain 0 additional ingredients, making it a very natural supplement
- The product is quite expensive if not on sale
- The caffeine amount could negatively affect those who are sensitive to it
- Still likely needs to be combined with healthy diet changes and exercise to experience optimal weight loss results
Customer Questions and Answers
The recommended dosage is 2 capsules per day. On non-exercise days, take 2 capsules in the morning after breakfast.
On exercise days, take 2 capsules before exercise with food. It is also recommended to take a 7-day break period after every 8 weeks of use.
Per the website, the original price appears to be $99.00 for 1 bottle, which will last 1.5 months if 2 capsules are taken daily. However, the company is currently offering a reduced price for 1 bottle at $39.99; noting Amazon is selling this product for the same price.
Shipping through Fit Affinity is a flat rate of $5.00 for the US, varies $6.00-8.00 for Canada, and $7.00-14.00 for International orders.
All prices listed here are as they appear on the official websites mentioned and are subject to change.
Fit Affinity Lean Fat Burner appears safe to the general public and there are no warnings from the manufacturer in regards to specific health conditions, but a few consumers reported side effects like stomach pain, nausea, dizziness, constipation, bloating, and even vomiting, while many others did not experience any side effects.
Additionally, if you choose to take this supplement at night before exercising, the caffeine may affect your ability to fall asleep. With any new supplement, it’s important to consult your doctor prior to starting it to ensure there are no pre-existing health condition concerns or medication interactions.
Fit Affinity offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee if at any point you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase. The company requests you contact their support team via email to [email protected] within 30 days from the delivery date that includes your order number to begin the return and refund process. Fit Affinity will refund your entire order minus shipping costs as long as all products are returned.
Fit Affinity Alternatives
|Burn TS||$58.37||Meratrim, ChromeMate, Green Tea Extract, Caffeine|
|XyLean 2.0||$39.95||Phase 2 Carb Controller/White Kidney Bean Extract, Caffeine, Beta-Phenylethylamine HCI|
|Phenocal||$44.85||Green Tea Leaf Extract, 5HTP, Folic Acid, Glucomannan and Bioperine|
|DACHA Forskolin Max Strength LivePure||$14.95||Forskolin Blend|
|Slimvance||$59.99||Moringa oleifera Leaf Extract, Curry (Murraya koenigii) Leaf Extract, Turmeric (Curcuma longa Root Extract)|
|Active PK||$69.00||Gynostemma Pentaphyllum Leaf Extract, Quercetin Dihydrate, Berberine HCI|
Fit Affinity Consumer Reviews & Results
There are several more satisfied customer reviews on the Fit Affinity website than others such as Amazon. Positive Fit Affinity reviews included observed weight loss without exercise in just 2 weeks, increased energy levels, improved body image, suppressed appetite, and no jitters from the caffeine.
Negative Fit Affinity reviews mentioned terrible customer service experiences. Amazon reviews, on the other hand, are split rather evenly for it either promoting weight loss or not working at all.
Some customers even mentioned no noticeable changes despite additional efforts to incorporate healthier eating habits and exercise.
The Bottom Line
Fit Affinity Lean Fat Burner appears to yield desirable results more often than not after about 2 weeks, but there is also a lengthy list of potential side effects that have been mentioned in reviews.
If the product continues to sell at a reduced price, it may be worth a try for most people who are minimally not sensitive to the caffeine amount in the recommended serving size.
As with most weight loss supplements, optimal weight loss will likely only be achieved if used in conjunction with healthy lower-calorie eating patterns and regular exercise.