Jaime Buffie, MS, RDN, LDN
- Master of Science in Nutrition (emphasis on Research Processes and Applications) from Case Western Reserve University in 2014
- Practicing Dietitian since 2015 with 5 years in the Veterans Affairs (V.A.) Healthcare System
- Member of the Minnesota Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics & the American Cheese Society
Meet Jaime! Since a young age, Jaime has enjoyed teaching others, from tutoring fourth graders in reading and writing to running youth soccer camps to teaching college students about health and wellness. Jaime has been a practicing Dietitian since 2015 and has received recognition throughout her years as a Dietitian and a preceptor from employers, interns, and internship programs. She loves to exercise, she takes her son everywhere she goes, you'll find her outdoors when the weather is nice, and she enjoys cooking (and eating too)!
Jaime's hobby of continuously learning and teaching about nutrition, health, and wellness turned into a passionate career. She completed her Bachelor of Science in Dietetics from North Dakota State University in 2012 and dove into an intense combined dietetic internship through the Louis Stokes Cleveland V.A. A few months after Jaime completed her internship, she earned her Master of Science in Nutrition and graduated Summa Cum Laude from Case Western Reserve University in 2014.
Jaime began her career as a Dietitian at the St. Cloud, Minnesota V.A. and later transferred to the Orlando V.A. in Florida. Jaime thrived in several healthcare settings at the Orlando V.A. and even created the outpatient Oncology Dietitian position prior to moving back to Minnesota to be near family.
Since being back in Minnesota, Jaime has enjoyed the luxury of staying at home with her son while seeking other rewarding paths to take her career in next. Her hobby of researching, proofreading, and writing quickly turned into her next adventure!
A Tid Bit From JaimeI have 2 take away message for you!
- Educate Yourself Too often social media only portrays bits and pieces of the truth behind nutrition and health-related topics such as research, diets, supplements, etc. It matters where you get your information from. So before jumping into anything, ask questions, use the internet at your fingertips to access legitimate and trusted sources, and find people who are educated and certified to be providing the type of advice you're looking for. You will only help yourself by digging in!
- Live Well & Be Well We sometimes get "lost" in our daily lives and forget to take care of our "whole" self throughout the week. There are 8 dimensions of wellness! We all prioritize, but neglecting any one of them may negatively affect you and/or others around you without you even noticing until it smacks you right in the face. I dare you to be a new you and strive to create your own balance of wellness!