About Slim 4 Life
Slim 4 Life is a weight loss program that provides a healthy eating plan based on foods you can get at grocery stores along with protein slim snacks and weight loss aids. The food from the program provides up to 1500 calories per day.
The Slim 4 Life company states that the eating plan is rich in vitamins, minerals, and that is it low in refined carbohydrates.
The Slim 4 Life weight loss program has been designed by medical doctors, nutritionists, and counseling psychologists.
Slim 4 Life Products & Ingredients
- Slim snacks – There are many kinds of slim snacks to choose from on the Slim 4 Life website. The types of snacks offered consist of:
- Snack bars
- Pudding & soup mixes
- Weight Loss Aids – The weight loss aids that are available consist of essential fatty acids, herbal supplements, multivitamins, fiber, sugar & starch blockers and metabolizers. Metabolizers: Contain chromium, niacin, a proprietary blend of guarana, green tea, L-tyrosine, Bitter orange, Asian ginseng
- Guarana – It is a Brazilian plant about the size of a coffee berry. It may help promote weight loss by speeding up your metabolism (it contains caffeine). Further research has supported to use of guarana to improve decision making, temporal and task performance along with working memory.
- Green Tea – Green tea has compounds called catechins and one of them is called epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). These catechins, especially EGCG have been associated with a reduce risk of cancers, diabetes, atherosclerotic disease and have anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.As for the prevention of cancer, it has been discovered that green tea causes cell “apoptosis” or programmed cell death in cancer cells. Those with diabetes have the inability to produce or respond to the hormone insulin, which causes elevated glucose levels in the blood. Green tea has anti-diabetic effects by mimicking the actions of insulin and therefore increasing insulin sensitivity .
- L-Tyrosine – L-tyrosine is a non-essential amino acid that is produced in the liver and brain. The amino acid phenylalanine (essential) is broken down to tyrosine. The amino acid tyrosine is a precursor to catecholamine neurotransmitters in the brain. Due to the activity of tyrosine in the body, supplementation of the amino acid has been studied to discover its potential benefits. Research has shown that it can decrease cognitive deficits during stressful times.
- Bitter Orange – Some research suggests that bitter orange can promote weight loss, but other studies remain inconclusive. Bitter orange contains syneprine, which may increase blood pressure and heart rate. Sugar and Starch Blockers: Contains Salacia oblonga, mulberry, Gymnema, and cinnamon
- Salacia Oblonga – There is no current evidence that supports it’s use for weight loss, but it may reduce blood glucose levels and therefore hemoglobin A1C levels in those with type 2 diabetes). A study done by the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition revealed that Salacia oblonga reduced postprandial (glucose levels after meals) by 14-22% in comparison with the control group.
- Gymnema – Gymnema is from a shrub native to India, Africa, and Australia. In the journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition, Gymnema was studied for its potential benefits, especially for obesity and diabetes.In this research study, they found that it delays the absorption of sugar in the intestine. Furthermore, the molecules of Gymnema attach to the receptors in taste buds thus preventing activation of sugar molecules present in food. Additionally, since less sugar is absorbed, it may lead to lower blood glucose levels.
How Does it Work – The Science Behind Slim 4 Life
Slim 4 Life uses a calorie deficit to help individuals lose weight. Also, the ingredients in some of their products have been shown to aid in weight loss.
When you sign up for the program you will receive:
- Introductory Weight Loss Program
- Medical history taken over phone and evaluated for individualized program set-up
- Individualized program set-up specifically for you
- 1 Home Program Guide with easy-to-follow eating plan, helpful tips and tools to ensure weight loss success
- 1 Measuring Tape
- Specials via Email
- 4 Weeks of phone counseling
- A Starter Supply of Products
- 2 Starter Bottles of Metabolizer Appetite Suppressant
- 1 Bottle of Slim700 Carbohydrate and Sugar Blocker
- 1 Bottle of EFAs (made specifically for weight loss)
- 1 Bottle of Slim Vitamins
- 1 Orange Boost4Life (antioxidant energy drink)
- 1 Wildberry Boost4Life (antioxidant energy drink)
- Slim Snacks
- 1 Box of 4Life Sweet & Salty Peanut Bars
- 1 Box of S4L Caramel Crunch Bars
- 1 Box of Hot Chocolate
- 1 Box of Wildberry Passion Drink
Slim 4 Life Pros & Cons
- The program provides counseling
- The slim snacks are high in protein, low in calories
- The program utilizes real food in their meal planning
- There are no pre-packaged meals
- Meal plan is custom-tailored to each individual
- The slim 4 Life program is designed to help people lose 3-5 lbs per week. (It is recommended to lose 1-2 lbs per week to keep the weight off long-term)
- Calories recommended may be too low to realistically follow- at least at the beginning
- The products and the program are expensive. (You can easily follow a calorie deficit diet high in protein and low in carbohydrates at home for a fraction of the cost)
- The dietary weight loss aids may interfere with medications or have unwanted side effects
- It might be difficult to do this program long-term due to the cost
Consumer Questions and Answers
A: No. The food you will be eating will be from grocery stores. Your family can eat what you eat. The program wants to help you learn healthy eating habits.
A: Yes, they are able to work with your doctor and will adopt specific guidelines for your condition.
Slim for Life Alternatives
|Thermozin||$35.99||Bitter orange, theobromine, green tea leaf, caffeine, elecampane root, moringa oleifera|
|Invigor8 Fat Burner||$79.99 for a 2 month supply||Raspberry ketones, green coffee bean extract, green tea, garcinia, Forskolin, olive leaf|
|PhenQ||$69.95||Capsimax, calcium carbonate, chromium picolinate, caffeine, nopal, L-carnitine fumarate, lacys reset|
|Plexus Slim||$89.95||Chromium Polynicotinate, green coffee bean extract, Garcinia Cambogia|
|Active PK||$69.00||Gynostemma Pentaphyllum Leaf Extract, Quercetin Dihydrate, Berberine HCI|
|Phen375||$65.95||Caffeine Anhydrous, L-Carnitine,Citrus Aurantium,Chromium,
|Slimvance||$59.99||Moringa oleifera Leaf Extract, Curry (Murraya koenigii) Leaf Extract, Turmeric (Curcuma longa Root Extract)|
|RazaLean||$69.95||Capsaicin, caffeine, kelp, apple cider vinegar, turmeric, arginine|
Slim For Life Customer Reviews
All the Slim for Life testimonials are positive. Many people have reported they have lost a lot of weight from using Slim 4 Life products.
The Bottom Line
The products may interfere with medications. Please speak to your doctor before starting this program.
2) Health-promoting effects of green tea https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3365247/
3) Tyrosine for Mitigating Stress and Enhancing Performance in Healthy Adult Humans, a Rapid Evidence Assessment of the Literature https://academic.oup.com/milmed/article/180/7/754/4160625
5) Extract of Salacia oblonga lowers acute glycemia in patients with type 2 diabetes https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/86/1/124/4633153
6) Gymnema sylvestre: A Memoir https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2170951/