According to the official website, insulin resistance is the reason we keep gaining and losing weight.
Dieting has been shown to slow your metabolism and promote insulin resistance. GOLO claims it has a solution to promote weight loss and reverse insulin resistance.
Therefore, your pancreas makes more insulin for your cells to absorb the needed glucose your body requires to function.
The GOLO team created Release, a patented natural plant, and mineral-based dietary supplement that they claim is clinically proven to work. Claims include:
- Release helps control insulin – the hormone that regulates metabolism
- You’ll lose real fat weight without conventional dieting so there is no deprivation
- Your metabolism speeds up and can convert food into energy quickly
GOLO RELEASE SUPPLEMENT
ADDRESS & PHONE: 256 Chapman Road, Suite 104, 19702, Newark, United States
1-800-730-GOLO (4656), [email protected]
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Zinc Bisglycinate, Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate, Banaba leaf extract, and Rhodiola Rosea
USES: Helped people all over the world achieve sustainable weight loss and better health with the GOLO Program.* (*All individuals are unique. Your results can and will vary.)
What are the ingredients in GOLO Release?
Release is a dietary supplement that contains 7 plant extracts and 3 minerals.
- Magnesium – According to National Institutes of Health, Magnesium is a cofactor that is needed in cellular metabolism. We could not survive without magnesium. Magnesium is excreted in the urine of people with diabetes and those who have insulin resistance.
- Zinc – Zinc is necessary for cellular metabolism according to the health professional fact sheet. Our bodies could not exist without zinc because of its catalytic abilities in assisting enzymes.
- Chromium – Chromium is known to enhance the action of insulin, a hormone critical to the metabolism and storage of carbohydrate, fat, and protein in the body per the National Institutes of Health.
- Rhodiola extract – Animal studies have found evidence that Rhodiolamight reduces visceral fat stores.
- Inositol – Inositol is a rearranged form of glucose, which means it is a natural sugar. In a study published in Molecular Medicine, lack of inositol seems to be closely related to insulin resistance. This includes insulin resistance caused by diabetes, PCOS and even preeclampsia.
- Berberine Extract – In a study published in Phytomedicine, berberine is a potent lipid-lowering compound with a moderate weight loss effect.
- Gardenia Extract – A study published in the Journal of Exercise Nutrition and Biochemistry indicates that one of the main ingredients in Gardenia extract inhibits weight gain, improves lipid levels and assists with regulating insulin.
- Banaba extract – In a study published in Phytotherapy Research in 2014, researchers assessed the effectiveness of a blend of plant extracts that included banaba on weight loss and is hypothesized to reduce body weight by inhibition of de novo fatty acid synthesis.
- Salacia extract – In a study published in the International Journal for Vitamin and Nutrition Research, significant weight and body-fat reduction within 4 weeks was observed after Salacia extract and Vitamin D was taken.
- Apple extract – According to Nutrition Journal, apples are high in antioxidants and have the potential to lower cholesterol. Apple extract appears to assist in disease management.
How Does GOLO Diet Work? | Learn The Science Here
The GOLO program is a popular diet that focuses on regulating insulin levels to optimize weight loss.
Developed by a team of doctors, pharmacists, and nutritionists, GOLO is a program designed for weight loss, fat-burning and increased metabolism.
The meal plan focuses on foods with a low glycemic index which prevents ups and downs of blood sugar and insulin levels.
The GOLO program includes a supplement called GOLO Release, which contains 7 plant extracts and 3 minerals that may increase energy levels, fight cravings and keep blood sugar stable.
GOLO created a metabolic meal plan to help clients transition from the standard American diet to a meal plan that focuses on improving metabolic health with proper food choices. The meal plan is similar to a low glycemic meal plan that may prevent spikes in blood sugar.
Low glycemic fruits, vegetables, protein, fats, and whole grains are the mainstay of this plan. Refined grains, sugar, and processed foods are limited.
This meal plan was created to stabilize blood sugar and insulin levels which has been shown to increase weight loss, improve cholesterol levels and enhance fat-burning.
GOLO Release Pros & Cons
- Whole, nutrient-dense foods
- Includes an exercise component
- Sound nutritional plan
- No monthly fees, auto-ship or bill
- Free support from coaches
- Free shipping
- 60-day money back guarantee
- lack of unbiased, peer-reviewed studies
- Cost of the program is pricey
- Pilot studies conducted by GOLO were preliminary and did not include a placebo control
- Release dietary supplement may not be necessary
- Rules, regulations and a point system which may be confusing and hard to follow
Customer Questions and Answers
A: According to the GOLO site you consume 1300-1500 nutritionally dense calories from carbohydrates, protein, and fat while avoiding processed and sugary foods and beverages.
A: GOLO is a typical balanced meal plan with activity included in the plan that may work for most people. According to GOLO, their program works, is natural and sustainable, and their customer's results prove it.
A: According to a pilot study completed by Dr. Robert J. Buynak, the GOLO program resulted in weight loss and blood sugar control in patients with insulin resistance, obesity, and diabetes.
A: Yes, Walmart does sell GOLO for 90 capsules at $49.95.
A: According to the GOLO site, GOLO Release does not contain caffeine or other stimulants.
GOLO Release Alternatives
|Thermozin||$35.99||Bitter orange, theobromine, green tea leaf, caffeine, elecampane root, moringa oleifera|
|Phen375||$65.95||Caffeine Anhydrous, L-Carnitine,Citrus Aurantium,Chromium, Cayenne Pepper|
|RazaLean||$69.95||Capsaicin, Caffeine, Kelp, Apple Cider Vinegar, Turmeric, Arginine|
|PhenQ||$69.95||Capsimax, calcium carbonate, chromium picolinate, caffeine, nopal, L-carnitine fumarate, lacys reset|
Is GOLO Release Safe?
Research on the safety of the Release supplement is lacking, and studies that have been conducted are by researchers receiving direct funding from the company.
More quality studies from unbiased sources are needed to evaluate GOLO Release and whether it’s safe for long-term use.
CAUTION: You should check with a doctor before taking this supplement to make sure it’s medically suitable for you specifically.
GOLO Release Customer Reviews & Results
On Amazon, there are 138 customer reviews with a rating of 2.5 out of 5. There were 37 positive reviews and 67 critical reviews. 43% of reviews gave GOLO 1 star.
Common complaints include:
- Not easy to follow
- Supplement made me jittery
- Does not work
GOLO Release: Prices & Where to Buy It
You can buy this product on the manufacturer’s official website, Amazon and Walmart.
- On the official website, you can purchase one bottle of Release which lasts 30 – 60 days for $49.95. If you purchase 3 bottles for 90 – 150 days, you pay $99.90. Shipping is free and there is no automatic shipping monthly.
- Amazon stock is currently unavailable, and they don’t know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Walmart is selling 90 GOLO Release capsules for $49.95; this includes the metabolic plan kit with the complete GOLO Metabolic Plan.
The Bottom Line
The GOLO program is an eating plan that uses a combination of diet and exercise, along with a supplement that contains a mix of several herb extracts and minerals.
The GOLO plan emphasizes healthy foods and encourages exercise which may achieve desired weight loss. A weight loss supplement is included which has not been scientifically proven to get results.
The meals GOLO suggests seem to be balanced and the consumption of processed foods is limited.
Research on the GOLO plan is limited to researchers that received funding from the makers of this program.
Customer reviews of the plan are mostly critical. They indicate GOLO is restrictive and expensive which could be difficult to follow over the long term.
Weight loss, blood sugar control, and improved health can be achieved by following a healthy meal plan and including some form of exercise.