Profemin is a menopausal relief product made up of three natural key ingredients that work together to help relieve symptoms of menopause. It claims to effectively relieves hot flashes, mood disturbance, rapid heartbeat, night sweats, and restless sleep.
While these are related to the decline of estrogen in the body, a simple hormone replacement may have side effects. Profemin is said to give you relief without using hormones.
Thera Botanics, a US-based supplements company, is the manufacturer of Profemin. They specialize in the formulation and development of supplements that help address health problems related to imbalances of structure and function in the body.
Aside from Profemin and other women’s health products, Thera Botanics also offers supplements for men’s health, cognition and memory, digestive health, energy, and stress and sleep.
Profemin Ingredients – The Breakdown
Profemin is said to effectively relieve menopause symptoms through the help of the following ingredients:
- Angelica gigas – This herb is a popular medicinal ingredient in China and Korea because of its ability to improve pain and blood flow. AGN is also included in many dietary supplements, especially women’s health supplements, due to their ability to normalize ovarian hormone levels as reported by this study from the Journal of Medicinal Food.
- Cyanchum wilfordii – Like Angelica gigas, this herb is already used in herbal medicines for centuries in regions like Asia, Europe, and Africa. It is found to have the ability to manage different menopausal symptoms through its estrogenic activity, according to this article from the journal Toxicological Research.
- Phlomis umbrosa – Phlomis umbrosa is useful when it comes to relieving pain due to its anti-inflammatory properties as stated by this 2011 study from the journal Fitoterapia.
- Ammonium Succinate – This ingredient is usually found in the chemical processes in the body. It helps relieve irritability and hot flashes effectively. Not only that, succinate also appears to be free of unpleasant side effects based on the findings of this study from the journal Advances in Gerontology
- Zinc – Commonly added in multivitamins and other kinds of supplements, zinc helps boost the immune system and provides a healthy environment where good bacteria can thrive.
How Does It Work? | The Science Behind Profemin
Profemin is one of the many natural alternatives that can help alleviate menopausal symptoms. The main ingredients in its formula have been used in Asia for years to manage symptoms of menopause. They work by exerting some estrogenic activity, or by helping to normalize or balance the female hormones in the body. Furthermore, the formula also has a significant anti-inflammatory properties that can help relieve pain and/or other discomforts.
Profemin Pros & Cons
No matter how effective it may seem, Profemin also has some advantages and disadvantages to it. Some of these include:
- It uses a natural formula, the ingredients of which are proven by clinical studies
- It offers a hormone-free alternative to hormonal treatments
- It claims to help relieve the most common symptoms of menopause
- Its effects may vary among individuals, and one of the main ingredients can react negatively to the body
- It is a bit more expensive than other brands
- Consultation with a physician is needed if you are already under medication
- The labels do not show a detailed list of the formula
Consumer Questions and Answers
A: The recommended dosage of Profemin is one capsule per day. Depending on how the body responds, you can take up to two capsules per day. The capsules can be taken with or without meals. If you are going to take it with one, make sure to have it before eating.
A: The manufacturers of Profemin claim that the product does not have side effects because of its natural formula. While many reviews suggest that this is also the case for many customers, there are still instances where women experience minor side effects. These include allergies, indigestion, bruising, and abdominal pain.
A: Profemin has followed different FDA regulations, making it safe for almost all women to use. However, the ingredients may trigger allergies or react with your current medication, so it would be best to consult your doctor before taking Profemin.
A: Profemin has provided many reviews and testimonies from previous customers as proof that the product works. If you want relief from menopausal symptoms without the use of hormones, Profemin is an effective natural alternative.
A: Profemin is a safe and effective alternative to more dangerous menopause treatments. Its natural botanicals are standardized and every bottle is encapsulated in the US in accordance with strict FDA guidelines.
A: Thera Botanics offer a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the results of Profemin.
|Balanced Femme||$35.87||Black cohosh, isoflavones, dong quai, sage, red clover|
|Estroven Complete||$21.97||microcrystalline cellulose, silicon dioxide Sodium alginate, Magnesium stearate, Maltodextrin, and stearic acid|
|Estroven||$9.96 – $21.97||Black cohosh, Ginkgo Biloba|
|Amberen||$49.99||Ammonium Succinate, Glycine, Monosodium L-Glutamate|
|EstrAval||Unknown||Dong Quai, Black Cohosh, Soy|
|ProEstro||$29.99||Black Cohosh, Dong Quai, Ginger Root, Epimedium, Chaste Tree Berry, Shatavari|
Is Profemin Safe? – Warnings & Complaints
The manufacturer of Profemin claims that their products are safe because of its natural formulation.
The majority of the reviews online also state that the product is safe and effective when it comes to alleviating menopausal symptoms.
However, if you have allergies or under medication, it is suggested to consult a physician first.
Profemin Customer Reviews & Results
There are available customer video testimonials online saying how effective Profemin is. On the other hand, there are still some customers who complained about experiencing adverse effects.
Profemin: Packages, Deals, Prices & Where to Buy It
Profemin is available online through its official website, as well as in third-party online retailers. A bottle of 60 capsules costs $59.95, plus shipping fee of $4.95.
A 25% discount will be given if you subscribe to their autoship option.
The Bottom Line
Because of the changes in the hormonal levels of the body, women may experience various menopausal symptoms such as weight gain, fatigue, mood swings, and vaginal dryness. Most of them are prescribed to undergo hormone replacement treatments.
However, these treatments have health risks, which is why some women choose natural menopause supplements.
Profemin is one of the many natural, hormone-free alternatives for women who are suffering from severe menopausal symptoms.
With its natural formula, the health risks are minimized compared to undergoing hormone replacement treatments. However, one of its active ingredients can cause interactions, so it would be best to consult a physician first if you have any medical conditions.
Is There Anything Else You Should Know About Profemin?
Profemin has an “Ultra Blend” version which contains all the ingredients of the original formula plus vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol). It is sold for $69.95 per bottle of 60 capsules. Shipping fee is separate.