About Balanced Femme
Balanced Femme is an organic supplement intended to treat the symptoms associated with menopause. It can balance out the hormones in your body, lift your mood, and give you energy.
This product was formulated by high-level women health experts, herbalists, and scientists.
Balanced Femme Ingredients – What to Look For
Balanced Femme includes several active ingredients.
Some of the key substances are:
1. Maca Root
What is Maca Root?
It is a plant that grows in Peru that is a relative of the radish and smells like butterscotch .
What Does Maca Root Do?
This plant may increase sex drive because it has estrogen-like qualities. It can help treat sexual dysfunction problems in some women.
It’s traditionally been known as a libido-boosting plant, and there’s some evidence that post-menopausal women with sexual functioning issues induced by anti-depressants have shown improvement with maca root.
- It is likely safe from foods and possibly safe in medicine for short-term use;
- There is not strong evidence to show that maca root enhances libido in women, but early research concludes that that taking maca root two times daily improves sexual dysfunction in women taking antidepressants;
- Avoid use if pregnant or breastfeeding from the supplement form .
2. Black Cohosh
What is Black Cohosh?
It is a plant from the buttercup family native to North America. Its stems are used in herbal preparation, such as tea, tablets, and capsules.
What Does Black Cohosh Do?
Black Cohosh is commonly used to treat menopause symptoms. The active ingredients are contained in the root and stem.
In particular, it is used to treat hot flashes, moodiness, vaginal dryness, acne, premenstrual symptoms (PMS), osteoporosis, and excessive sweating.
Some research has determined that black cohosh is an effective alternative treatment for menopause symptoms. Most of the research on black cohosh is on the commercial product Remifemin.
- Safety: Taking Black cohosh is possibly safe when taken for 1 year by adults (by mouth);
- Liver Damage: There is not enough evidence to conclude that black cohosh can cause liver damage, but it may be a possibility. It is best to watch for signs of liver damage, such as dark urine, unusual fatigue or yellowing of the skin and eyes (jaundice)
- Warning: Do not use if pregnant or breastfeeding because it may be unsafe;
- Contraindications: Do not use with breast cancer, ovarian cancer, endometriosis, fibroids, liver disease if you are a kidney transplant recipient or you have protein S deficiency;
- Drug interactions: Do not take black cohosh if you are taking Lipitor (may cause liver damage), cisplatin (may decrease how well the drug works), medications that may harm the liver, such as Tylenol, methotrexate, erythromycin, methyldopa, and amiodarone;
- Dosing: For the treatment of menopause, take 20-80 mg two times per day .
3. Dong Quai
What is Dong Quai?
This is an herb from the Apiaceae family that is native to China. It grows in the cool high-altitude mountains in China, Japan and Korea.
What does Dong Quai do?
It’s sometimes referred to as ‘female ginseng’. It is referred to like this because it has been used to “enrich the blood” after having a baby and during or after menstruation or cramps . There is little scientific evidence to suggest that dong quai helps with the symptoms of menopause.
Other studies suggest that this herb may possibly be effective for the treatment of menopause when taken in combination with black cohosh, milk thistle, red clover and other herbs .
Research suggests that taking dong quai with no other herb blend produces little to no results in treating the symptoms of menopause.
- Safety: It is possibly safe when taken by mouth or applied to the skin for as long as 12 months
- Warning: Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Infants blood pressure may become elevated if breastfeeding mothers consume the herb
- Contraindications: Do not use if you have protein S deficiency, bleeding disorders, or if you have just had surgery
- Drug interactions: anticoagulants, warfarin
How Does It Work? | The Science Behind Balanced Femme
As a women gets older, levels of estrogen and progesterone in the body go down. This is what leads to menopause symptoms like hot flashes.
This supplement provides organic ingredients that may be able to modestly improve menopause symptoms. Recent research has shown that Dong Quai may have weak estrogen-like activity in the body, but further study is warranted.
Balanced Femme Pros & Cons
- The product may modestly help with menopause symptoms for some women
- Black Cohosh can cause side effects like digestive issues, cramping, headache, rash, a feeling of heaviness, vaginal bleeding, weight gain, and possible liver damage.
- Not everyone enjoys the taste of this product.
- Can cause side effects like hives and heart palpitations.
- It may interfere with medications, causing them to not work as well or to enhance the drug’s effectiveness, which can be dangerous
- The product is expensive and simply not worth it for the modest benefits (if any) users may experience
A: The recommended dosage is a quarter teaspoon (2 squeezes of the bulb) 1-3 times a day.
CAUTION: Do not take more than the recommended dosage.
A: Black Cohosh can cause side effects like digestive issues, cramping, headache, rash, a feeling of heaviness, vaginal bleeding, weight gain, and possible liver damage. In the customer reviews, users reported side effects like hives, heart palpitations, and diarrhea.
A: There are no warnings about people with certain health conditions not taking this product.
WARNING: However, given that possible liver damage is one of the risks of black cohosh, anyone with a liver condition should avoid Balanced Femme. If you are taking any medications for any health conditions, please check with your doctor and/or pharmacist.
A: Over 70% of the reviews for this product were from very happy, satisfied customers. Women were very happy with how effectively the product dealt with their menopause symptoms, such as hot flashes and night sweats. There were some negative reviews as well, and most focused on how ineffective the product was for them.
Clearly, the effectiveness of the product is somewhat individual. For some people, it simply won't work.
A: The manufacturer is offering a 60-day money-back guarantee. If you're dissatisfied with the product for any reason, send back the remainder of the bottle and contact the company for a refund. They will not refund any shipping fees.
Balanced Femme Alternatives
|Balanced Femme||$35.87||Black cohosh, isoflavones, dong quai, sage, red clover|
|Estrovive||$38.99 + shipping||Beta-hydroxybutyrate (BHB), L-Arginine, Medium Chain Triglycerides|
|Now Foods Menopause Support||$14.36||Dong quai, red raspberry, red clover, black cohosh|
|Piping Rock’s Black Cohosh||$15.43||Black cohosh|
|Estroven Complete||$21.97||microcrystalline cellulose, silicon dioxide Sodium alginate, Magnesium stearate, Maltodextrin, and stearic acid|
|Amberen||$49.99||Ammonium Succinate, Glycine, Monosodium L-Glutamate|
Balanced Femme doesn’t have a very high price point, but there are similar menopause treatments on the market for much cheaper.
You can get a product that includes most of the same ingredients for less than half of the price of Balanced Femme.
Is Balanced Femme Safe? – Warnings & Complaints
One of the ingredients, black cohosh, is associated with side effects including. stomach upset, cramping, headache, rash, a feeling of heaviness, vaginal spotting or bleeding, and weight gain, and possible liver damage. A few users mentioned side effects like hives, heart palpitations, and stomach upset.
This product appears to be safe to take for a short period of time (as little as 12 months), but there is not enough research to demonstrate the long-term effects of the ingredients in Balanced Femme.
Balanced Femme Customer Reviews & Results
Most of the user reviews were very good. Customers were for the most part very happy with this supplement, and they felt that it effectively took care of their menopause symptoms. Many women thought the supplement was a real lifesaver.
There was a lesser percentage of users that found the product ineffective. Apparently, the formula works for most, but not all users.
Balanced Femme: Packages, Deals, Prices & Where to Buy It
The product is available on the manufacturer’s website. The prices are as follows:
- 1 bottle – $35.87
- 2 bottles – $62.34
- 3 bottles – $89.27
- 6 bottles – $167.88
- Auto shipment – $31.54/month
You can also purchase the product from other online retailers, and the prices vary slightly.
The Bottom Line
This product has been very well-received overall by customers. Many women have found this to be a lifesaving treatment for menopause symptoms like hot flashes and night sweats.
Some users found the product to be ineffective in dealing with their symptoms, but this was a minority. Truthfully though, you can find similar products on the market for much cheaper.
These are powerful organic ingredients, and they are associated with some side effects. If you should experience any uncomfortable side effects, stop taking the product and see your doctor.
In fact, you should get medical approval from your physician before taking these supplements, to begin with.
Is There Anything Else You Should Know About Balanced Femme?
Balanced Femme may be just the product you need to eliminate the unpleasant menopause symptoms.
Hopefully, it will help you through this difficult time. There are some natural things you can also do to lessen your menopause symptoms.
- Exercise on a regular basis, to keep yourself in good shape.
- Make sure you drink a sufficient amount of water every day.
- Eat foods rich in calcium and Vitamin D.
- Eat a diet rich in fruits and vegetables.
2. Maca | WebMD https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-555/maca
3. Menopause Tips | Healthline https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/11-natural-menopause-tips
4. Black Cohosh | Medical News Today https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/317530.php
5. Black Cohosh | WebMD https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-857/black-cohosh
6. Dong Quai | WebMD https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-936/dong-quai