Darren M. Smith, MD Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
- Board-certified plastic surgeon Darren M. Smith, MD is among New York’s premier experts in aesthetic surgery and cosmetic injectable treatments.
- He is trained far more extensively than most practitioners in NYC
- one of the only plastic surgeons in the nation to have completed a craniofacial surgery fellowship and an aesthetic surgery fellowship.
ExperienceDarren M. Smith, MD, a board-certified plastic surgeon, is among New York’s top experts in aesthetic surgery and cosmetic medicine. He is one of the only plastic surgeons in the nation to have completed a craniofacial surgery fellowship and an aesthetic surgery fellowship. A respected leader in his field, his work has been referenced more than 1200 times by surgeons and scientists around the globe. He has also been featured as an expert by The New York Times, Allure, Elle, and many other outlets.
Education & Training
- Horace Mann School, Riverdale, NY: High School
- Brown University, Providence, RI: Undergraduate degree
- Brown University, Providence, RI: Medical degree
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center: Plastic surgery residency training
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center: Administrative Chief Resident
- Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario: Specialized craniofacial surgical fellowship
- Manhattan Ear, Eye, and Throat Hospital, New York, NY: Aesthetic surgery fellowship
Awards and HonorsDr. Smith has also been the recipient of multiple awards and honors. He has served as the principal investigator for numerous grants funded by the Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation, the Cleft Palate Foundation, the American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons, and other organizations.
Accomplishments and advances in aesthetic science
Dr. Smith has authored over 200 peer-reviewed publications, presentations and book chapters, including the following:
- US Patent: "Predicting Movement of Soft Tissue of the Face in Response to Movement of Underlying Bone"
- International Congress on Cleft Lip/Palate and Related Craniofacial Anomalies Owen Cole Memorial Scholarship
- Numerous grants from the Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation, the Cleft Palate Foundation, the American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons, and the International Congress on Cleft Lip/Palate and Related Craniofacial Anomalies
- Technical Copy Editor of the six-volume Neligan Plastic Surgery text
Health Insiders Editorial Philosophy
There's a wide range of information about health and wellness available, but not every source is reliable and accurate. Health Insiders is transforming this process. We are dedicated to providing the most up-to-date knowledge and data about the world of health. It’s clear and easy to understand, which allows you to evaluate what is best for you and your loved ones. Read more about our product review guidelines.
About Our Medical Review Process
Health Insiders aims to deliver accurate, reliable information about themes related to health and wellness. In order to ensure that the material we provide is correct and precise, we have a medical review team which ensures that the articles, photos, and products are precise and accurate. The Health Insiders Medical Network and Nutrition Team is composed of experts from a variety of medical and health-related fields, who all have a wealth of experience in medical care and research. Read more about our content evaluation process.