A Brief Introduction to Lipozene
Lipozene is a diet pill. It comes in capsule form and is available without a prescription across multiple online shops including its own official site. The company that makes Lipozene is called Obesity Research Institute LLC. It should be noted that Obesity Research Institute LLC has not been rated by the Better Business Bureau and has no customer rating on the BB site.
They are located in Encinitas, California with Lipozene being is their main product. It is marketed to anyone who wishes to lose weight. They claim that it works naturally and go on to state that you will not have to change your diet or change your lifestyle in order to lose weight while taking their product.
Lipozene Ingredients – The Breakdown
There is only one active ingredient in the Lipozene formula. Supporting it are a number of inactive ingredients that were included in the formulation of the capsules themselves including magnesium silicate, stearic acid, and gelatin.
- Glucomannan – Glucomannan, as we learn from Peace Health, is a dietary fiber. It comes from the root of konjac and has been used as a food additive for a long time, especially in Asian foods. Glucomannan is often used in pills such as these because of its ability to make a person feel more full. Furthermore, glucomannan has been used as a laxative. It is a soluble fiber aiding in alleviating constipation and therefore having a laxative type effect.
How Does It Work – The Science Behind Lipozene
Through the use of Glucomannan, Lipozene is able to claim a number of things. The konjac root is low in calories, therefore limiting caloric consumption, while also containing properties that can likely help you feel more full. The hope here is to reduce calorie intake to hopefully produce weight loss.
Glucomannan has been studied at length and for the most part, it is safe. The science, however, seems to bring back somewhat underwhelming results. A recent randomized controlled control assessed the efficacy of glucomannan as a weight loss aid. Participants were assigned to either take a set dose of glucomannan or a look-alike placebo.
Potential Lipozene Benefits
Despite underwhelming results in terms of weight loss testing, the fact that Lipozene contains glucomannan does merit some potential benefit on its own. These potential benefits include:
- Better gut health associated with increased fiber intake
- Improved stool regularity
- Improved blood cholesterol levels
Lipozene Pros & Cons
- This supplement is fairly simple and natural.
- Can possibly help you feel fuller for longer.
- Its active ingredient has been thoroughly tested and is generally considered safe.
- There is gelatin in the formula which means it may not be suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- In tests, there was little difference in the amount of weight loss between groups who were given a placebo and those who were given a glucomannan supplementation.
- The glucomannan in this diet pill may cause bloating, flatulence and excessive burping.
- PhenQ – This product costs about $69.95 on the official website.
- Burn XT – This is a thermogenic fat burner that runs for about $28.79 on retail sites and contains acetyl l-carnitine and green tea extract.
- Keto Slim – A BHB rich alternative to Lipozene.
- ProbioSlim – This diet supplement costs about $69.99 on the official Force Factor website.
- Burn TS – This product costs about $59.95 on the official website.
- Phen375 – This product costs about $65.95 on the official website.
Customer Questions and Answers
Lipozene is generally safe. The only side-effects that have been reported have been mild such as burping or bloating, likely associated with increased fiber intake. However, since glucomannan has an effect on insulin release, those with diabetes and those taking diabetes medication should be careful when taking Lipozene. Body Nutrition warns us that those taking sulfonylurea should take these meds 4 hours before taking Lipozene or any supplement that contains glucomannan.
You should also ask your doctor about any other types of diabetes medications and the interactions that they could have with Lipozene. Additionally, you should always let your doctor know about any new medication/supplement you start taking.
Lipozene can be bought from the official Lipozene website. There, it is being offered at a special price of $29.95 for two bottles, each containing 60 capsules. There is no shipping fee if you buy through the official site as well. It is also available at online retail sites where the price varies a bit.
The recommended dosage is to take 2 capsules of Lipozene half an hour before eating a meal. This means that you can take up to 6 Lipozene pills a day assuming 3 meals per day.
If you buy Lipozene straight from the official site, you have 30 days to return it for a refund if you are not satisfied with it. Keep in mind that $1.50 will be subtracted from your refund for processing fees.
Lipozene has been met with mixed feelings. Some state that it actually did help them lose weight, while others complained of intolerable stomach problems that took days to recover from. At the end of the day, we have seen diet supplements that have been better received than Lipozene.
The Bottom Line on Lipozene and What You Should Keep in Mind
The fact is that Lipozene is not a dangerous diet pill like other products. It can help you feel fuller which will most likely help curb your urge to over-eat. Additionally, because it is a fiber-based supplement, it can promote gut health as well as regular bowel movements.
While Lipozene may help you lose weight if you use it in conjunction with diet and exercise, it is not a miracle weight loss supplement on its own. The fact that they make such a claim is a major concern with this product.
Safety isn’t too much of a concern with this product. That does not mean, however, that you shouldn’t talk to your doctor before taking it, especially if you have diabetes. Just keep in mind that this pill is not a miracle worker – more of a supplement to possibly help you eat less and support gut health. As with most diet supplements such as Slimvance, Active PK, and Bio X4, you will still have to put in the effort to lose weight with Lipozene.