About Keto Slim
Keto Slim is a weight loss supplement that claims to help the user lose weight in just a matter of weeks. Although the word “keto” in the product title is indicative of a ketogenic approach to dieting, Keto Slim makes very little mention of ketosis on their affiliate sites.
Instead, the heavy marketing point is placed on the claim that the product can help the user lose weight by suppressing appetite.
The main active ingredient is very telling as to how the product works. We will get into details about it in the next section.
The main active ingredient in this product is one that is used in many keto diet supplements and by many keto dieters.
The claims for this product are that it replaces the utilization of carbohydrates with fats as the go-to energy source in order to burn through fat stores.
Keto Slim Ingredients – What to Look Out for
As we mentioned in the previous section, there is one key active ingredient in Keto Slim and very little mention of any other ingredients.
We will focus on what we know for certain is in the product.
- Coleus Forskohlii – Science-Based Medicine tells us that this ingredient is an extract that is sourced from a plant belonging to the mint family. The way the extract works is by increasing the contractility of the heart through increased production of cyclic AMP which may result in better circulation and possibly more energy. Forskohlii has not, however, been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to directly result in significant weight loss. Studies have shown that it promotes better body composition but not necessarily weight loss.
How Does it Work – The Science Behind Keto Slim
Kaiser Permanente acknowledges that certain practitioners have recommended coleus forskohlii, the main active ingredient in Keto Slim, to combat obesity. However, the studies that prove this have yielded mixed results.
For example, one small randomized double-blind placebo-controlled clinical study assessed the effects of supplementation with C.
Forskohlii in conjunction with a hypocaloric diet on the markers of obesity, metabolic parameters and caloric intake in overweight and obese individuals.
Although this study did find supplementation of C. Forskohlii in conjunction with a hypocaloric diet to improve insulin and insulin resistance (which is often tied to obesity), there was limited impact on an anthropometric measure (i.e. weight loss) despite the reduction of dietary intake and the improved insulin resistance.
Additionally, there was no significant changes in ghrelin or leptin levels (the hunger hormones) between the control and the experimental group.
Keto Slim claims their product works by decreasing appetite, however, this study disputes that claim by showing how it’s the main ingredient did not impact hunger.
More research is still needed to determine the efficacy of this supplement for weight loss.
Additionally, it may also have an effect on blood pressure. Essentially, it’s main ingredient is a vasodilator, meaning it widens the blood vessels often having a hypotensive or diuretic like effect. This means more blood flow and a lower blood pressure level.
All of this sounds beneficial but as stated in the previous section, it may or may not lead to weight loss and even if it does, it is likely not a direct result.
Keto Slim Pros & Cons
- It features an all-natural formula
- You may experience an increase in energy when taking Keto Slim
- This product may also improve blood pressure levels and insulin resistance
- There is no direct link between weight loss and the main ingredient of Keto Slim
- The claims that Keto Slim can help suppress food cravings is as of yet, unsubstantiated
- Users may not experience any significant weight loss by taking Keto Slim alone
Customer Questions and Answers
Q: How to Use Keto Slim?
A: Unfortunately, there is not any information readily available online regarding the suggested usage for Keto Slim. We can see that it comes in capsule form and that it is meant to be taken orally.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease
Q: How Much Does Keto Slim Cost?
A: There is also no official information given on the price of Keto Slim either. It does not even seem to be available at third-party retail sites. Please keep in mind that there are different products that bear the name “Keto Slim” that are not made by the same manufacturer as the Keto Slim that is the subject of this review.
Q: Does Keto Slim Have Any Side Effects?
A: Based on what we know about the formula of Keto Slim we are inclined to say that there are no serious side effects to note. In the previous study mentioned, two participants did experience gastrointestinal upset while taking Coleus forskohlii, however, no serious side effects have been reported. It is important to note, however, that Coleus forskohlii has not been tested extensively, therefore the data is not conclusive yet as to its safety.
Q: Can I take Keto Slim If I have a Medical Condition?
A: Before starting any new supplement or medication, it is important to first talk with your doctor. If you have problems with blood pressure or are on any blood-thinning medications, it is imperative that you discuss this product with your doctor before taking it as Keto Slim may cause a dangerous drop in blood pressure. Likewise, if you have heart disease or any chronic cardiac conditions, you should not take this product.
Q: What is Keto Slim’s Money Back Guarantee, Refund & Return Policy?
A: After much searching, we could not find any information regarding the return and refund policy for Keto Slim. It may be that the product is not even available anymore.
Q: Is Keto Slim Safe?
A: The fact that the active ingredient in Keto Slim has not been linked to any serious side effects is one of the few positive things to highlight about this product. It is generally safe but as stated earlier you should not take it if you have heart disease or low blood pressure.
Keto Slim Alternatives
- Kiss My Ketones – Kiss my Ketones Keto BHB features caffeine for an energy boost and keto salts to help get the body into ketosis. It retails for $22.99 for a container of 120 capsules.
- Zhou Nutrition Keto Drive – Keto drive is a well-reviewed weight loss supplements with BHB (beta-hydroxybutyrate) and apple cider vinegar. You can buy a container of it for $30.99.
- Vitamin Bounty – Forskolin Max Strength by Vitamin Bouty is another supplement that features coleus forskohlii. It is a non-GMO product and you can buy a 60 capsule supply for $19.99.
There are few other keto alternatives, such as:
- Keto Go Fit
- Opti Farms Keto
- Pure Primal Keto
- Keto Burn Xtreme
- Yoga Burn
- SuperSonic Keto
- Konscious Keto
Editor’s Note – If you are searching for the best diet pill, then without a doubt you can go with PhenQ. It is one of the most sold fat burners on the web.
Keto Slim Customer Reviews and Results
At Health Insiders, we searched high and low for reviews on this specific Keto Slim product but could not find any.
At this time there is no available customer feedback on Keto Slim or its possible results. However, there are few complaints that has been registered on the Better Business Bureau for this product.
The Bottom Line
It is a weight loss supplement that depends heavily on the efficacy of coleus forskohlii. It may be able to lower your blood pressure, improve insulin and insulin resistance, and possibly enhance moderate weight loss.
What we don’t like about this product is the lack of information on it. Furthermore, there is fairly weak evidence to suggest that coleus forskohlii can lead to a significant amount of weight loss.
The bottom line on this product is that it is probably not worth your time or money.
Is there Anything Else you Should Know About Keto Slim?
There is not much more additionally that needs to be said about this product.
Keep in mind that it can lower blood pressure and impact other metabolic processes.
Always consult with a doctor before taking Keto Slim or similar products.
2) Jagtap M, Chandola HM, Ravishankar B. Clinical efficacy of Coleus forskohlii (Willd.) Briq. (Makandi) in hypertension of geriatric population. Ayu. 2011;32(1):59–65. doi:10.4103/0974-8520.85729