About Glucosamine Chondroitin Turmeric & MSM
Glucosamine Chondroitin Turmeric & MSM is a nutritional supplement that offer joint support, according to its manufacturer.
It claims to help build cartilage, improve mobility and joint flexibility, strengthen the joint structure, and reduce inflammation.
Apart from supplementing the joints with vital nutrients, this supplement promises to ease joint pains caused by age, weight, or the deterioration of joints on athletes.
This product contains a number of powerful ingredients as per the manufacturer’s claims. It is formulated from all-natural ingredients that are non-GMO.
Glucosamine Chondroitin Turmeric & MSM Ingredients – The Breakdown
The ingredients used to formulate this supplement include;
- Glucosamine – this ingredient is considered a symptomatic slow-acting drug also known as SYSADOAs. It is a naturally occurring compound in the body that is partially absorbed to reach the joints. According to a study in the Journal of Orthopedic Surgery and Research helps in relieving joint pain and slowing down the rate of cartilage loss.
- Boswellia Extract – the boswellia serrate tree is usually found in India and its gum is considered important due to its effective anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic properties. A randomized experiment in the Journal of Phytotherapy and Phytopharmacology concluded that this ingredient decreased knee pain and improved knee flexibility.
- Chondroitin – this ingredient also falls under SYSADOAs as mentioned in an article in the World Journal of Orthopedics. It is partly absorbed and according to the journal it works on pain relief and function improvement.
- Turmeric Root Extract – in a systemic review published in the Journal of Medicinal Food, turmeric root extract is considered effective in the improvement of arthritis symptoms including pain and inflammation. In fact, the journal equates its effectiveness to that of ibuprofen or diclofenac.
- Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) – MSM is usually used as anti-inflammatory agent. This property has made it popular in improving pain and physical function. According to the Nutrients journal, MSM not only relieves muscle and joint pain but also helps protect cartilage from destruction and loss.
How Does It Work? | The Science Behind Glucosamine Chondroitin Turmeric & MSM
This supplement contains powerful ingredients that claims to work together to help protect the cartilage from degradation. It may also support a healthy production of components that aid cartilage formation in the body.
Besides the constituents in this product are said to affect the body’s pain response system by reducing inflammation in the joint area. This consequently may enhance joint flexibility as the user experiences relief both in their muscle and joint tissues.
Glucosamine Chondroitin Turmeric & MSM Pros and Cons
- Using this product might reduce joint and muscle pain in the long term
- It claims to helps slow cartilage degradation minimize cartilage loss
- It might bolster joint flexibility and joint mobility
- Inflammation around the joint areas may reduce
- Pregnant women and nursing mothers cannot take this supplement
- Taking 3 capsules at a go may not be ideal for some users
- This product does not come with mineral and vitamin fortification
- The glucosamine chondroitin ingredients are derived from shell fish
Customer Questions and Answers
A: Take 3 capsules before a meal daily or as instructed by a health provider. For those who are more sensitive, take 1 capsule thrice a day. The highest dose that can be taken is 3 capsules twice a day.
A: The manufacturers have not mentioned any side effects. However, ingredients such as glucosamine and chondroitin have side effects. Glucosamine may cause heartburn, nausea and diarrhea while MSM may cause swelling, fatigue, insomnia and headache.
A: No, specifically if you have a medical history of gall stones, bleeding disorders, bile duct obstruction and if you use blood thinners.
A: This product may work considering the ingredients present.
A: The company behind this product offers a 100% money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the results.
Glucosamine Chondroitin Turmeric & MSM Alternatives
|ArthroMax||$33||Glucosamine, Boron, Boswellia Serrata, Black Tea Theaflavins, MSM|
|Jointlax||$49.95||Glucosamine and Chondroitin, White Willow Bark, MSM, Hyaluronic Acid|
|Instaflex||$48.49||Hyaluronic Acid, Turmeric, Collagen II, Ginger, White Willow Bark|
|ProJoint Plus||$29.95||Glucosamine Sulfate, Boswellia Extract, Turmeric, Methionine|
|Nuflexol||$39.95||Hyaluronic Acid, Paractin|
|Arthrozene||$49.95||Type 2 collagen, Boswellia, Hyaluronic acid|
|Omega XL||39 dollars plus shipping||Vitamin E, Green Lipped Mussel Oil and Olive Oil|
|Triple Power Joint Support||$39.99||Curcumin, Turmeric, Collagen|
|Relief Factor||$79.95-93.95||Icariin, turmeric, resveratrol, omega 3|
Is Glucosamine Chondroitin Turmeric & MSM Safe? – Warnings & Complaints
Yes, this product may be safe as it is free from most allergens. However, it contains shell fish derived ingredients which could be life threatening to those with shell fish allergy. Warnings provided by the company include;
- Do not exceed the recommended dose
- Those below 18 years should consult their health providers before using
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and those with past medical history of gall stones, bleeding disorders, bile duct obstruction among others should keep off
- Glaucoma patients should consult a doctor before using this supplement
- If you are under any medication also consult your doctor
- Discontinue use if adverse reactions are experienced
Glucosamine Chondroitin Turmeric & MSM Customer Reviews & Results
This supplement has both positive and negative reviews. Those who were satisfied with the results claimed that this product improved arthritis symptoms, relieved pain and was easy to swallow. As for negative reviewers, this supplement caused blurred vision, dizziness and stomach upsets.
Glucosamine Chondroitin Turmeric & MSM: Packages, Deals, Prices & Where to Buy It
This supplement costs $26.87 for one bottle which contains 90 natural capsules. It is available online and can be bought either from the company directly or via third party retailers.
The Bottom Line
Glucosamine Chondroitin Turmeric and MSM is a complete dietary supplement for the joint. It is formulated with powerful ingredients with anti-arthritis, anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties. The formula is also free from most allergens and according to some reviewers it works as it should.
On the contrary, this product is not a good pick for users with shellfish allergy. According to some customers, it caused side effects such as blurred vision.
Is There Anything Else You Should Know About Glucosamine Chondroitin Turmeric & MSM?
This product has a shelf life of three years from the production date which is usually embossed at the bottom of the bottle.
Another detail worth noting is the product claims to be free from gluten, dairy, soy, sugar, yeast, cholesterol, and artificial colors.