About Osteo Bi-Flex
Osteo Bi-Flex wants you to “keep doing what you love” because you are “made to move.” This company offers a variety of products from capsules and cream to even Epsom salt for joint health. Osteo Bi-Flex promotes their supplements to preserve and improve joint cartilage, reduce joint pain and inflammation, and enhance joint mobility and range of motion.
This review will take a look at some key factors you should know about Osteo Bi-Flex and will focus on their oral supplements.
Osteo Bi-Flex Ingredients – The Breakdown
There are 4 main ingredients Osteo Bi-Flex uses in their oral supplements, noting not all of them are present in each supplement:
- Glucosamine: a natural substance in the body found in cartilage and fluid between joints. There are a few different forms of glucosamine used in supplements and there is conflicting research about the effectiveness of them treating joint pain. Osteo Bi-Flex includes glucosamine in 6 products in the form of glucosamine HCl (hydrochloride). The Mayo Clinic and Medline Plus point toward glucose sulfate alone, to show the most promise in reducing pain for those with osteoarthritis and may slow the deterioration of joints. On the other hand, the Glucosamine and Chondroitin Arthritis Intervention Trial (GAIT) found glucosamine HCl combined with chondroitin sulfate significantly improved pain in those with moderate to severe joint pain. You will find it includes chondroitin sulfate in 2 of the 6 supplements that contain glucosamine HCl.
- UC-II Collagen: a type of un-denatured collagen made from chicken sternum cartilage. Several studies discussed in Baseline of Health as well as a study in the Int. Journal of Med. Sciences found this type of collagen to reduce joint pain, enhance joint mobility, and improve range of motion with a 40mg daily dose. Good thing that’s exactly what Osteo Bi-Flex offers in its single collagen-containing supplement!
- 5-Loxin Advanced: an ingredient in 7 Osteo Bi-Flex supplements that contains 3-O-acetyl-11-keto-beta-boswellic acid (AKBA), an extract from the Boswellia serrata tree. One study found 5-Loxin at just 100mg to reduce joint pain and stiffness, improve joint function, and reduce levels of an enzyme (MMP-3) that breaks down cartilage. Another study found 100mg and especially 250mg per day, to reduce pain and improve physical function; but 250mg significantly decreased MMP-3 concentrations as compared to the 100mg dose. Although Osteo Bi-Flex only provides 100mg of 5-Loxin per serving, the company states their advanced solution contains much higher amounts of AKBA as compared to other commercial supplements sold.
- Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM): a natural sulfur-based chemical found in the body and several types of plants. This review discusses MSM to reduce joint pain and inflammation, enhance joint mobility and range of motion, potentially preserve joint cartilage, and even improve post-exercise muscle soreness. Only one Osteo Bi-Flex supplement contains a full 1.5g of MSM while a few others contain a small amount combined with chondroitin sulfate.
How Does It Work – The Science Behind Osteo Bi-Flex
The science behind oral supplements is in the ingredients. Individually, most of them seem promising, but there is little to no research available in regards to the variety of ingredient combinations Osteo Bi-Flex offers. Although the company website discusses specific benefits of each major ingredient in their supplements, their blanket statement is each supplement will “improve joint comfort in just 7 days” – based on the few studies listed on their website.
Osteo Bi-Flex Pros & Cons
- The variety of products target several joint-related issues
- The company offers supplements with added vitamin D, turmeric, and magnesium
- Most products are gluten-free
- Research behind individual ingredients overall support the effectiveness of them
- Customer reviews are more positive than negative
- Appears to be a reputable company
- Offers Rewards Points on certain products
- Majority of the products contain shellfish and pork (undesirable for those with food allergies or religious preferences)
- Some supplements may not contain the most beneficial amount of certain ingredients in order to experience the maximum benefits
- Glucosamine HCl may not be the most effective form of glucosamine for joint support
- There is no scientific evidence through clinical trials to support the use of any Osteo Bi-Flex products
- Glucosamine HCl may interact with certain medications for blood clotting, Diabetes, and cancer
- Not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration
People Also Ask – Questions and Answers
Q: How To Use Osteo Bi-Flex
A: The use of Osteo Bi-Flex depends on the product since there are several. Here’s an overview of a few:
- One Per Day – 1 tablet daily
- Triple Strength MSM – 2 tablets daily
- Ease – 1 mini tablet daily
- Pain Relieving Cream – apply up to 3-4 times daily
- Thera-Soak Epsom Salt – dissolve 1 capful or desired amount in warm water
Q: How Much Does Osteo Bi-Flex Cost?
A: The cost depends on your product choice, the amount you buy, if you are an Amazon Prime member, and if you choose to “Subscribe & Save” through Amazon because the company website sells their line of merchandise directly through Amazon. Take a look at the following prices to get an idea:
- One Per Day – 30 tablets for $9.50-$9.99
- Triple Strength MSM – 80 tablets for $12.32-$12.90 (Stated Original Price $31.29)
- Ease – 28 mini tablets for $13.94 (Stated Original Price $26.99)
- Pain Relieving Cream – 2.5 ounces for $5.59 (Stated Original Price $9.99)
- Thera-Soak Epsom Salt – 20 ounces for $9.99
All prices listed here are as they appear on the Amazon website and are subject to change. Cost will vary from other online and physical retailers.
Q: Is Osteo Bi-Flex Safe?
A: Osteo Bi-Flex has been around for a long time and although there have not been any reports of serious side effects and there are none listed on the company’s website, glucosamine hydrochloride may promote gastrointestinal discomfort and interact with various medications.
Q: Does It Have Any Side Effects? What If I Have A Health Condition?
A: Boswellia serrata may cause some gastrointestinal discomfort as well, but UC-II Collagen and MSM do not appear to have any side effects or interact with any medications. Talk with a healthcare professional before using any of these products for your safety.
Q: What is Osteo Bi-Flex’s Return & Refund Policy?
A: The company website does not mention any return and refund policy likely because it does not directly sell their line of merchandise. Since Osteo Bi-Flex products are sold by a number of online and physical retail stores, any returns and refunds would be completed through the seller.
Osteo Bi-Flex Alternatives
Although Osteo Bi-Flex makes several types of supplements for joint health, there are always alternative ones to try:
Osteo Bi-Flex Customer Reviews & Results
Below are positive and negative reviews about a few different products:
- One Per Day
- (+) improved arthritis symptoms, significantly reduced joint pain, knees felt stronger, benefits observed in less than a week (several reviews)
- (-) no relief, large pill size (a few reviews)
- Triple Strength MSM
- (+) resolved joint pain altogether, reduced inflammation, improved range of motion, benefits observed in less than a week (several reviews)
- (-) large pill size (a few reviews)
- Triple Strength Turmeric
- (+) significantly reduced pain and inflammation, increased flexibility (several reviews)
- (-) minimal change in pain (a few reviews)
- (+) improved joint mobility (several reviews)
- (-) no relief from aches and pain, bad taste, not satisfied due to it not containing glucosamine HCl or chondroitin sulfate (several reviews)
- Pain Relieving Cream
- (+) resolved pain for a few hours, improved general aches and pains (a few reviews)
- (-) no relief, undesirable odor (1 review)
Osteo Bi-Flex: Where to Buy and How to Save
You can buy Osteo Bi-Flex products through various retailers, but you may save the most money by purchasing online. However, managing returns and refunds may be easier through physical retail stores.
The Bottom Line on Osteo Bi-Flex
Osteo Bi-Flex seems to be a solid brand and has built a strong reputation. The company has several options for joint relief and you may find some better joint pain supplements such as MoveMD, Heal-n-Soothe and Arthrozene work better than others due to the different combinations and amounts of ingredients. Although not all joint-related issues or diseases can be managed by supplements alone, more often than not, users have experienced significant improvement in joint pain among other benefits.
The main red flag is the company website does not disclose any potential side effects or interactions with medications but does advise discussing any questions or concerns about their products with a healthcare professional.
Is There Anything Else I Should Know about Osteo Bi-Flex?
It appears to be a very transparent company (aside from not disclosing side effect information) and welcomes any questions or concerns by phone or e-mail. The company also makes a few more products than what is initially viewable on their website if you go to their shop link.
 Debbi EM, et al. Efficacy of Methylsulfonylmethane Supplementation on Osteoarthritis of the Knee: A Randomized Controlled Study. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2011 Jun 27;11:50. doi:10.1186/1472-6882-11-50.
 Hess A. Chondroitin Sulfate and Glucosamine Supplements in Osteoarthritis. Arthritis Foundation.
 Marcus DM. Herbal Remedies, Supplements & Acupuncture for Arthritis. American College of Rheumatology. 2015.
 Sengupta K, et al. A Double Blind, Randomized, Placebo Controlled Study of the Efficacy and Safety of 5-Loxin for Treatment of Osteoarthritis of the Knee.
Arthritis Research & Therapy. 2008;10(4):R85. doi:10.1186/ar2461.
 Lugo JP, et al. J Int Soc Sports Nutr 2013, 10:48.
 Crowley DC, et al. Int J Med Sci 2009, 6:312-321.
 Vishal AA, et al. Int J Med Sci 2011, 8:615-622.