About Relief Factor
Relief Factor is an organic product based on fish oil. Its purpose is to treat the pain and discomfort associated with everyday living, such as joint and muscle pain, and to restore flexibility and mobility.
This product is meant to be taken on a long-term basis, and they say the effects such as reduced inflammation strengthen over time.
Relief Factor Ingredients – What to Look for?
There are 4 main active ingredients in the product that reduce inflammation and pain in muscles and joints.
- Omega-3 fatty acids – These are sourced from fish oil and are taken to promote healthy body tissue, strengthen the immune system, and encourage the body’s natural healing ability. They also decrease the chances of developing certain eye diseases like macular degeneration and cataracts. Research has found that consumption of omega-3s by people with arthritis had a significant clinical benefit. Taking omega-3s may also reduce the need for an analgesic.
- Turmeric – This spice is known to have powerful medicinal properties. It’s packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatories, making it a good option for treating joint pain and swelling. Research published in the Journal of Medicinal Food in 2016 showed that turmeric serves as an excellent treatment for arthritis.
- Resveratrol – This is derived from different berries and It is high in both antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents so it can reduce joint pain and inflammation. Research shows that injections of resveratrol slowed the progression of osteoarthritis in mice.
- Icariin – This is a chemical compound that initiates the production of nitric oxide by the body, improving circulation and supports healthy tissue. It is extracted from plants like horny goat weed. Research shows that it can prevent cartilage and bone degradation.
How Does it Work – The Science Behind Relief Factor
Relief factor is rich in natural anti-inflammatory agents that can reduce swelling in the joints. It’s also very high in antioxidants that strengthen the immune system and promote healing in the body. Research has shown the benefits of antioxidant supplements for osteoarthritis in the knees.
Other ingredients in this supplement initiate the body’s production of nitric oxide. This can improve the circulation of blood, supporting joint health. A study in the British Journal of Rheumatology shows the benefits of nitric oxide in treating inflammatory joint diseases.
Relief Factor Pros & Cons
- Can reduce the aches and pains of everyday life.
- Can reduce inflammation in the muscles and joints.
- Promotes healthy muscles and joints.
- Based on 15 years of clinical research by physicians.
- Trace amounts of soy, a common allergen, are present in the product.
- It contains some calories from fat in the product.
- Requires taking a minimum of 2 capsules and 2 soft gels every day.
Customer Questions and Answers
Each dose is individually packaged and contains 2 capsules and 2 soft gels. There's no information about what time of day to take them, but the instructions indicate that they should be taken with food. The manufacturer suggests beginning with 3 packets a day, then adjust accordingly.
No, it does not help with nerve pain. However, it claims to help your body reduce pain associated with aging, exercise, and everyday living. Relief Factor is part of an integrated health plan that helps the body reduce inflammation over time.
When purchasing Relief Factor, you can sign up for a 3-week supply at a reduced rate of $19.95. 15 days later the auto-shipment program begins, which delivers a full month's supply for a cost of $79.95. This continues each month until you cancel. There is also an option of buying the product monthly, without the subscription, but this does not include the 3-week deal. In this case the monthly cost is $93.95 + shopping and handling.
There are some mild side effects associated with taking Relief Factor. Therefore, it's best to take these supplements with food (as indicated) to decrease the chances of experiencing any side effects. Reported side effects include dry mouth, diarrhea, dizziness, and nosebleeds, although these were all reported as being mild. There were no noted interactions with other medications or supplements.
There are no health conditions mentioned on the official product website that prevent someone from taking this product. However, if you have allergies to soy or fish you should avoid Relief Factor.
The company has a 90-day return policy. The product can be returned within 90 days of the original purchase date for a refund, however, this doesn't include the shipping costs. To qualify for this refund, the shipment must be returned with the original blue and green bag intact, unopened, and unmarked in any way. You simply write 'refused' on the parcel and send it back.
Relief Factor Alternatives
|Relief Factor||$79.95-93.95||Icariin, turmeric, resveratrol, omega 3|
|Omega XL||39 dollars plus shipping||Vitamin E, Green Lipped Mussel Oil and Olive Oil|
|Turmeric Curcumin Plus||$23.95||Turmeric, Curcuminoids(e. curcumin), BioPerine (Piperine)|
|ProJoint Plus||$29.95||Glucosamine Sulfate, Boswellia Extract, Turmeric, Methionine|
|Osteo Bi-Flex||$21.47||Boron, vitamin C, chondroitin sulphate, glucosamine sulphate|
|Arthrozene||$49.95||Type 2 collagen, Boswellia, Hyaluronic Acid|
The price of Relief Factor is clearly much higher compared to the average joint supplements. The fact that it’s an all-natural product could partially account for this, however, the high cost may be prohibitive.
Also, the ingredients aren’t unique enough to justify the cost and it doesn’t include Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate that is known to be an excellent ingredient for treating joint symptoms.
Is Relief Factor Safe?
It is considered to be safe if taken according to the directions on the package. Because it contains soy and omega-3 derived from fish oil, people with these allergies are advised to avoid this product.
Relief Factor Customer Reviews and Results
There aren’t many reviews of this product online. Some indicate that the users were very happy with this product and its effect on their joints. They said the product did reduce the pain and inflammation they experience.
Other reviews warned against the auto-shipping program, stating that is was hard to cancel. They suggested avoiding the program, even though the monthly cost is higher.
The Bottom Line on Relief Factor
The reviews on this product are somewhat limited, but there are some very positive ones. Customers found the supplements helped them with their joint pain and inflammation, as well as improving flexibility and mobility.
However, users were very disappointed with the 3-week deal/auto-shipment program, feeling that they were ‘ripped off’ by being charged for extra items.
Even though this is an all-natural product, it is still associated with side effects like abdominal bloating and gastrointestinal upset. If you have serious side effects, stop taking the product immediately. To ensure this is right for you, speak with your doctor before taking the supplement.
Is There Anything Else You Should Know About Relief Factor?
If you want to keep your joints as healthy as possible, you can’t rely on a supplement alone.
Here are some tips to maintain healthy joints:
- Try to move around as much as possible, as movement reduces joint stiffness.
- Maintaining a healthy weight reduces stress on joints.
- Stretch as often as possible, least a few times a week. This keeps joints, muscles, and ligaments healthy and helps with flexibility and mobility.