About Australian Dream Cream
Australian Dream Cream is a trademark of Nature’s Health Connection, Inc. based out of Kentucky and makes 2 different topical pain relief products to relieve arthritic pain and back pain.
Both products contain the same active ingredient – histamine dihydrochloride, an FDA-approved compound meant to relieve daily aches and pains as well as calm arthritic pain and inflammation.
Each product additionally contains other botanicals and vitamins to further support pain relief and joint health, but they are not additional “active ingredients.”
Australian Dream Cream Products & Ingredients – The Breakdown
- Arthritis Relief Product: Histamine Dihydrochloride (0.025%)
Main Inactive Ingredients: Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate, Emu Oil, Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), Vitamin E
- Back Pain Relief Product: Histamine Dihydrochloride (0.050%)
Main Inactive Ingredients: Aloe Vera Gel, Vitamin C, Boswellia Serrata Extract, Bromelain, Chamomile Extract, Emu Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, MSM, Vitamin E, Tumeric Extract, Ginger Extract
- Histamine Dihydrochloride – a powerful chemical used in pain relief topical creams for its vasodilation property to improve circulation and in turn provide temporary pain relief. Although this compound is FDA-approved, there is limited research about the chemical itself and its use in joint pain relief. The closest and most recent research currently available is this single study that discusses the role of histamine receptors and the potential they have in relieving neuropathic pain. According to the National Center for Biotechnology Information, histamine dihydrochloride is most popular for its use in treatment of acute myeloid leukemia and malignant melanoma.
- Although most of the inactive ingredients in both pain relief products have supportive research in their ability to relieve pain and improve mobility, the benefits of them as inactive ingredients are difficult to evaluate. Also, most of them are most commonly taken orally instead of applied topically.
How Does It Work – The Science Behind Australian Dream Cream
The benefits of the creams are solely based on the action of histamine dihydrochloride and its ability to provide temporary relief from pain and inflammation through increasing blood vessel size and improving circulation.
Australian Dream Cream Pros & Cons
- Histamine dihydrochloride is FDA-approved for topical pain relief
- The product may reduce pain and inflammation in joints and muscles
- The cream is not supposed to burn and should be odorless and not greasy
- Available online and in several stores
- The creams have been around since 1996
- Hundreds of customer reviews exist with a majority of them being positive
- The company guarantees pain relief or your money back through their Empty Jar/Tube Guarantee
- Very little research exists for histamine dihydrochloride and its use for pain relief
- Histamine dihydrochloride may cause skin irritation
- Most of the inactive ingredients are supported by research to relieve joint pain and support overall joint health in oral form, not topical form
- There is no scientific evidence through clinical trials to support the use of either cream for pain relief
- Very expensive
Consumer Questions and Answers
Q: How to Use Australian Dream Cream?
A: Apply a thin layer of cream to the skin and massage until it’s thoroughly absorbed. Apply no more than 3-4 times per day. The company recommends stopping use and consulting your doctor if pain persists or worsens after 7 days of use or if the pain resolves, but appears again within a few days.
Q: How Much Does Australian Dream Cream Cost?
A: Prices vary depending on which cream, the amount, and where you buy it. Stores are also selective in what they sell. The creams are sold in-store or online through CVS, Walmart, Target, Walgreens, Amazon, and others.
The official website has a link “Where To Buy” at the bottom of their page to inform you of where Australian Dream Creams can be purchased and in what amounts, as the creams are not sold through them directly – however, that information appears to be outdated.
For example, the link states Amazon sells both types of creams in 2, 4, or 9 ounces (oz), but they do not sell the Back Pain Relief Cream in single 2oz tubes or 9oz jars. Amazon only sells Back Pain Relief Cream in 2oz tubes in value packs or 4oz jars.
To give you an idea of pricing (shipping costs vary):
- Arthritis Relief – 2oz: $17.50, 4oz: $21.39, 9oz: $43.75
- Back Pain Relief – 2oz (4pk): $83.92, 4oz: $21.28, 4oz (2pk): $70.29
- Arthritis Relief – 2oz: $21.03, 4oz: $23.10, 9oz: $64.95
- Back Pain Relief – 2oz: $22.79, 4oz: $25.99, 9oz: $79.49
- Arthritis Relief – 2oz: $17.99
All prices listed here are as they appear on the official store websites and are subject to change.
Q: Does It Have Any Side Effects? What If I Have A Health Condition?
A: Both creams appear to be safe to the general public and contain rather natural ingredients, but may cause skin irritation, especially for those with sensitive skin. The company specifically states its products do not contain capsaicin, which is typically responsible for the burning effects that other pain relief creams may induce. As with any new supplement or regimen, consult a healthcare professional prior to starting to ensure there are no pre-existing health condition concerns or medication interactions.
Q: What Is Australian Dream Cream’s Return & Refund Policy?
A: The company offers an “Empty Jar/Tube Guarantee,” meaning customers can purchase one of their products, use all of it, and still return it for a refund if it doesn’t work for them. The company just requires you to mail them your empty jar/tube with your original receipt and allow 4-6 weeks for it to process – you are responsible for shipping and handling fees. The company does limit you to 1 refund per household.
Australian Dream Cream Alternatives
- Osteo Bi-Flex Pain Relieving Cream (3 – 2.5oz tubes): $22.24
- Voltaren Emulgel: $16
- Earth’s Care Arthritis Cream (2.4oz): $14.99
- Blue Emu: $53.78
Australian Dream Cream Consumer Reviews & Results
The majority of reviews of both types of cream are more positive than negative as far as their ability to calm inflammation and provide pain relief. Some even said it was the best arthritis remedy they have tried thus far.
The negative reviews revolved around customers not experiencing any pain relief, experiencing a burning sensation or redness/irritation, and a few specifically saying the cream smelled moldy or oily.
A small percentage of customers also mentioned difficulty returning their orders to receive money back, but through the retailer, they bought it through. Those who did return it through the official company mentioned it was a smooth process and they received their money back.
Where to buy Australian Dream Cream?
You can buy Australian Dream Products from your Local Retailer- like CVC, Walmart, Walgreens, Target, or Online at Amazon. It may also be found at other fine retailers, click here to learn more about Australian Dream Products. Product availability may vary by store.
The Bottom Line
Although very little research exists about the single FDA-approved active ingredient, histamine dihydrochloride, Australian Dream Cream has been around for over 20 years and the creams appear to alleviate pain for several people.
It is a very pricey product depending on how much you would use at a time and how often, but the company’s Empty Jar/Tube Guarantee makes it enticing to try if you are still in search of a topical pain relief cream that will work for you.