What is Biofreeze?
Biofreeze is a joint and pain relief brand with products that promise to act fast to ease pain, according to its manufacturer. Specifically, this line of products approaches pain relief from different delivery means to increase effectiveness.
That is, the formula comes in various forms including spray, roll-on, gel, cream, patch, and pump among others.
In principle, Biofreeze acts as a cooling agent on the pain spot. Meaning, you can apply it on the skin, joints or on the muscle tissues.
Besides ordinary home use, professional athletes, basketballers, gym enthusiasts and professional footballers use this product to help relieve joint and muscle sprain, back pains, and after workout pains.
Who is the Manufacturer of Biofreeze?
The company behind this pain support line of products is Biofreeze. One detail that appears to give it an advantage over other similar pain relief products is they only specialize in pain support remedies.
This could be the reason why doctors trust some of the solutions to joint this brand offers.
Biofreeze Ingredients – Are they Safe and Effective?
This product has both active and inactive ingredients, all of which works to help support the body’s mechanism of reducing pain.
- Menthol 3.5% – This particular ingredient is the active component, which is also supposedly, is gate control or gating element. That is, a clinical study appearing in the journal Rehabilitation Research and Practice, on topical Menthol’s effect on pain, suggests that this ingredient can replace the role of common analgesics in managing pain.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract – A study in the journal Pharmacognosy Reviews indicates that this leaf extract can play a role in pain management as well as help ease inflammation on the skin.
- Boswellia Carterii Resin Extract – Helps minimize knee joint pain, according to one study article in the Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Arnica Montana Flower Extract – Supports wound healing, as one study article in the Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine.
Other inactive ingredients include:
Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Melissa Officinalis (Lemon Balm) Leaf Extract, Triethanolamine, Silica, Arctium Lappa Root (Burdock) and others.
The Science Behind Biofreeze
Biofreeze works using a mechanism known as gate control theory. That is, the menthol content present in the formula works as a counterirritant that diverts attention from the pain points.
Usually, pain results from the simulation of two different types of fibers and is relieved when a tactile stimulation is applied to the same spot.
The manufacturer further explains that, when you apply Biofreeze on the affected area, the menthol stimulates the skin’s thermoreceptors bringing in a cooling sensation.
This, in turn, stimulates the nerves that do not cause pain (non-nociceptive nerve fibers) which in a sense is what completes the counterirritant mechanism that reduces pain.
Biofreeze Pros & Cons
- It adds to one’s training kit to help safely relief body pains
- This brand is specialized in offering pain relief products so one can expect the best
- The products are prescription free
- It is allegedly clinically recommended
- The results one user gets may differ from other users
- It’s mostly an online available product
Customer Questions and Answers
A: This depends on the form of the product you pick. Whether it's the gel, the spray or the pump you are using, follow the instructions on the label.
A: The active ingredient in this product is Menthol, in which the product highlights exist in safe amounts in their supplements.
The inactive ingredients also have a record of being free from any serious side effects.
A: Yes. And the reasoning behind this is, it is for extern use and that the maker hasn't' given the specific restriction on whether nursing mothers or the diabetic may not use it.
A: Most users of this product have shared positive reviews about it. Dues to this and the fact that some studies back its ingredient claims, one can easily conclude that it works.
In precise, it deploys the same principle ice uses in relieving pain, which has hard a great success in easing body pains.
A: The manufacturer is yet to provide this particular detail on their site. So it's easy to conclude they don't have an active return policy.
A: Yes. Going by the ingredients that constitute this product as the manufacturer shares, this may be a safe solution to mild and moderate body pains.
- Flexitrinol – may help reduce joint pain by providing the body with the necessary nutrients.
- Heal-n-Soothe – designed to treat the pain and inflammation associated with arthritis
- Qunol Turmeric – works by neutralizing free radicals in the body to reduce pain and ease inflammation
Customer Reviews and Results
Biofreeze has both people who found it completely helpful and others who think it is an average pain solution. “I got to know Biofreeze’s gel from my trainer and it has really given me support to continue with my gym sessions.”
How Much Does Biofreeze Cost?
Different types of this line of products come with their own unique price tag:
- Biofreeze Pain Relief Gel – $14.99
- Biofreeze Pain Spray – $14.99
- Biofreeze Cream – $15.99
- Gel- Pump – 27.49
- Biofreeze Pain Patch – 11.99
Biofreeze – Packages, Deals, Prices & Where to Buy It?
This product is available on the brand’s official website and the package depends on the specific option of the application you want.
Is There Anything Else You Should Know about Biofreeze?
While there are many product options to pick from in this brand to help manage your pain, all of the products may be equally effective. In that, the formula it uses across the board is the same, with Menthol 3.5% being its only active ingredients.
The maker claims they approach pain relief from the same angle ice uses. Meaning it may help discontinue pain signals in the body to bring in that easiness at pain spots.
The Bottom Line
All factors accounted for, it is precise to say that this line of products may be effective and safe.
First, the brand sets itself apart by presenting their pain relief formula in different forms. That is the wide range of delivery options allows you to either pick a gel, spray, pump, cream, roll on, or the patch.
The manufacturers have also taken to account having professionals at the center of distributing it. In other others the company sells it through trainers as well, suggesting that the producers are confident with it.