About Arthri-D3 – A Joint Health Supplement
Arthri-D3 is made by Nature Refined, a trademark of Zebra Love, LLC and is a joint health supplement that contains phytonutrients, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
The blend supposedly plays a significant role in supporting joint health and easing aches and pains.
Arthri-D3 Ingredients – The Breakdown
There are a number of active ingredients in Arthri-D3 such as:
- N-Acetyl Glucosamine: Found in the tough exterior of shellfish, Glucosamine and Chondroitin is necessary for the constitution and actual repair of joint cartilage. There are a few different forms of glucosamine used in supplements and there is conflicting research about the effectiveness of them in treating joint pain.
- Vitamin D3 (2,000 IU): A fat-soluble vitamin that is present in some foods, added to several foods and supplements, and produced in the body when ultraviolet rays hit the skin. Vitamin D and calcium work together to keep bones healthy. According to Medical News Today, adequate Vitamin D levels may reduce the severity of inflammatory diseases like rheumatoid arthritis and even reduce your risk of developing them. Vitamin D is also known to improve depression and overall mood, especially during the winter months.
- Turmeric: As a popular spice in the Indian cuisine, turmeric has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory traits due to its active compound, curcumin. This spice has been found to treat symptoms of arthritis just as well as ibuprofen and may be beneficial in the treatment of Diabetes, colitis, and various cancers. Turmeric is also commonly used in both Chinese and Indian medicine to modify the response of the immune system and prevent further joint inflammation caused by arthritis (source).
- Boswellia: A tree native to India and is known for its ancient anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine. Several studies have found Boswellia to relieve pain in patients who suffer from osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis and this study discusses Boswellia’s beneficial properties and potential in preventing further loss of cartilage.
- Ashwagandha: A medicinal Ayurvedic herb referred to as “Indian Winter Cherry” or “Indian ginseng” that has been found to benefit both the body and the brain. Ashwagandha has anti-arthritic and anti-inflammatory traits that may be able to treat symptoms of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. This study found 500mg per day may serve as a great alternative to joint pain medication.
- Proprietary Blend: antioxidants, phytonutrients, vitamins, and minerals – the official website does not specify ingredients and amounts.
Although Mayo Clinic and Medline Plus highlight glucose sulfate to show the most promise in reducing pain for those with osteoarthritis and may slow the deterioration of joints, this review discusses how N-acetyl glucosamine has been used in several clinical trials to treat and prevent joint damage and diseases yielding positive results.
How Does It Work – The Science Behind Arthri-D3
Arthri-D3 claims to consist of natural ingredients that have been found to help support joints and cartilage when combined with exercise and a healthy diet.
The company emphasizes no other joint supplement incorporates N-acetyl glucosamine and Vitamin D3 in their supplements and this combined with the other ingredients is a very powerful blend for supporting joint health.
Arthri-D3 Pros & Cons
- The ingredients are likely to reduce joint pain and inflammation
- May slow further deterioration of joints
- Appears to be a new supplement and only has 4 reviews on the official website
- This product seems to be more expensive than similar joint pain products
- There is no preview of the nutrition label to know all of the ingredients and amounts in the supplement; only the Vitamin D amount is stated on the website
- Additives are unknown
- Contains shellfish (for those with food allergies)
- There is no scientific evidence through clinical trials to support the use of Arthri-D3
- Unsure if ingredients are tested by an outside lab for purity and accuracy
Consumer Questions and Answers
Q: How To Use Arthri-D3?
A: Take 2 capsules in the morning and 2 in the afternoon or evening. It can be taken with or without food, but is advised to be taken with a meal to optimize absorption and avoid stomach upset.
Q: How Much Does Arthri-D3 Cost?
A: If you click “Buy Now” on the official website, it prompts you to place your order over the phone at 800-824-4155. Interestingly enough, there is another website for Arthri-D3 that provides the additional option to place your order online.
Arthri-D3 does not appear to be sold by any other company at this time. The pricing below is from the online order form and does not charge for shipping.
- 1 bottle (1-month supply): $115.49
- Buy 2 bottles, get 1 free: $230.98
- Buy 3 bottles, get 3 free: $346.47
All prices listed here are as they appear on an Arthri-D3 website and are subject to change.
Q: Does It Have Any Side Effects? What If I Have A Health Condition?
A: N-acetyl glucosamine has been found to increase asthma symptoms in some individuals and this product should be avoided by those with shellfish allergies. The company states in their FAQs section there have not been any side effects or medication interactions reported with this supplement, but advises you to consult your doctor prior to starting the supplement to ensure there are no pre-existing health condition concerns or medication interactions.
Q: What Is Arthri-D3’s Return & Refund Policy?
A: In order to return your product and receive a refund, you need to call the Customer Satisfaction Department. The company offers a 30-day or 90-day money-back satisfaction guarantee that starts once you receive the product. The 30-day guarantee is for 1 bottle and the 90-day guarantee is for 3 or more bottles. Once you call and are authorized to return your order, it must be returned within 10 days of calling in order to receive your refund.
Refused orders and returns may be subject to a restocking fee of $12.00. To read the fine print, click the “Purchase Policy” link at the bottom of the official website.
There are a number of alternative supplements available to relieve joint pain and support overall joint health such as:
- Osteo Bi-Flex
- Turmeric Curcumin Plus
- Omega XL
- Relief Factor
Arthri-D3 Reviews & Results
There are only 4 reviews on the official Arthri-D3 website, which are all positive. The reviews mentioned noticeable pain relief, improved mobility, and no morning stiffness or achy joints.
The Bottom Line On Arthri-D3
Arthri-D3 may contain natural ingredients to relieve pain and promote joint health, but it is difficult to make a sound evaluation based on the limited information available on the official website at this time.
The company does not discuss their ingredients in-depth, no nutrition label is viewable to know every ingredient and amount in the supplement before purchasing, it is not sold by anyone else, and only 4 reviews exist – all of which are only on the official website.
There is also no mention of where these ingredients come from and if they are tested by a third-party lab to ensure safety and accuracy. It is also odd there are two different websites for the supplement. To date, there seem to be better supplements for joint pain available on the market from trustworthy companies at more affordable prices.