About Slim Mints
Slim Mints is an appetite suppressant that dissolves on your tongue. It may be easier to take than swallowing a large pill, and it may prevent sugar cravings.
This may help you lose weight, and regulate your blood sugar.
It may also prevent energy spikes and crashes throughout the day.
Slim Mints Ingredients – The Breakdown
There are a few active substances in this product. Unfortunately, the list on the website is not clear.
These are some of the ingredients which we could glean:
- Gymnema Sylvestre – This is a plant which has been used in the treatment of diabetes for centuries. It contains the active ingredient gymnemic acid, which can bind to taste buds and block glucose receptors from signalling. This essentially renders sugar tasteless. A review in the Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition stressed the anti-diabetic and anti-sweetening aspects of the plant.
- Glycerin – A sugar alcohol which has no odor or color. It contains glycerides, which have antimicrobial and antiviral properties. Some people believe that it has weight-loss properties, but the evidence doesn’t back it up. A study published in Metabolism Clinical and Experimental showed no link between ingestion of glycerin and weight loss.
- Polysorbate 80 – This is a surfactant and emulsifier often included in cosmetic products. An article in the Journal of Chromatographic Science outlines the specific properties of this substance.
How Does It Work? | The Science Behind Slim Mints
According to Science Direct it binds to taste buds, thus preventing sugar from tasting sweet by blocking the relevant receptors.
It can also decreases the amount of sugar absorbed by the intestines, and the amount of insulin in your system.
Slim Mints Pros & Cons
- This product may prevent sugar cravings.
- It may help you lose weight.
- The product may prevent energy spikes.
- It may lower your blood sugar levels.
- These strips are very expensive.
- They contain corn starch, and corn is a common allergy.
- You can’t distinguish the full ingredient list from the website.
- Using appetite suppressants can be tied closely to disordered eating.
- Appetite suppressants are not a healthy way to lose or maintain weight.
The recommended dosage is 3-4 strips per day. Put the strip on your tongue and let it dissolve. You can use this product before meals, or when you experience a food craving.
The manufacturer claims that there are no side effects associated with taking this product, unless you have an allergy to one of the ingredients.
CAUTION: Check the list carefully to make sure all of the substances are suitable for you.
However, considering the website doesn’t list the full ingredients, this is problematic.
There are no health conditions that preclude using this product, according to the manufacturer. However, you should check with your doctor before you begin using any new product, especially when you don’t know what is in it.
It's difficult to conclude whether this product works, because there are so few reviews online. The ones that do exist say that they loved the product. However, there's not enough to make any sort of generalization, nor are there studies backing the use of this product.
The manufacturer has a 60-day money-back guarantee. If you're dissatisfied with this product for any reason, let the company know that you want a refund within 60 days of the purchase date. You'll get all of your money back.
Slim Mints Alternatives
|Slim Mints||$69||Gymnema sylvestre, glycerin, polysorbate 80|
|PhenQ||$69.95||Capsimax, calcium carbonate, chromium picolinate, caffeine, nopal, L-carnitine fumarate, lacys reset|
|Fitmiss Delight||$27.99||Vitamins, minerals, whey protein, and digestive enzymes|
|Phen375||$65.95||Caffeine Anhydrous, L-Carnitine,Citrus Aurantium,Chromium,
|RazaLean||$69.95||Capsaicin, caffeine, kelp, apple cider vinegar, turmeric, arginine|
|Slimvance||$59.99||Moringa oleifera Leaf Extract, Curry (Murraya koenigii) Leaf Extract, Turmeric (Curcuma longa Root Extract)|
|Hydroxycut||$30.61||Vitamin D, A, and E, Biotin, folic acid|
Slim Mints is at the high end of the price spectrum for appetite suppressant products.
It is unique in that it dissolves on your tongue, and some may prefer that to taking a pill.
Is Slim Mints Safe? – Warnings & Complaints
Since it’s impossible to read the blurry ingredient list on the website, we can’t say for sure if all the ingredients are safe.
According to the manufacturer claims, they don’t present any particular risks or serious side effects.
Slim Mints Customer Reviews & Results
There aren’t enough online reviews of this product to get a good idea what customers really think of it.
Slim Mints: Packages, Deals, Prices & Where to Buy It?
This product can be purchased on the manufacturer’s official website, and also on Amazon. It’s listed as ‘unavailable’ on Amazon for the moment.
The prices on the official website are as follows:
- 1 month supply – $69
- 3 months supply – $139
- 6 months supply – $199
The Bottom Line
Slim Mints is claimed to be an appetite suppressant product which dissolves on your tongue. It’s difficult to know how well it does prevent cravings, because there are very few reviews online from customers. The ones that exist are good, but the lack of reviews does not bode well for this product.
There are no side effects reported with this product, but there’s always the chance that you will have some mild symptoms.
WARNING: If you have unpleasant side effects, stop taking the product and see a doctor if necessary. You should not take this without getting approval from a doctor first.
Is There Anything Else You Should Know About Slim Mints?
An appetite suppressant is not a sustainable weight-loss option. Your body has hunger cues for a reason. It is seeking nourishment.
For weight maintenance, there are healthier alternatives based on an intuitive eating approach.
Here are some tips:
- Eat a whole foods plant-based diet rich in protein, fiber, carbohydrates and healthy fats.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Find healthy treats that are enjoyable, like dark chocolate. (source).
- Move your body everyday
- Learn ways to cope and manage stress
- Sleep 7-9 hours a night
 Ten natural ways to suppress appetite | Medical News Today https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320625.php#natural-ways-to-suppress-appetite