About Captains Krill Oil
Captains Krill Oil is a dietary product that is made from shell fish known as krill. The manufacturer of these soft gels claims that it has been formulated direct from fresh krill and not frozen ones hence their slogan straight from the boat.
The company also explains that their harvesting does not include any chemical solvent extraction which is used by other fish oil supplement companies.
Captains Krill Oil soft gels do not contain additives, fillers or alterations. Krill which are shrimp like crustaceans consume omega 3 rich diet, hence the benefits. These shell fish are therefore considered rich sources of omega 3 fatty acids such as EPA and DHA.
Captains Krill Oil Ingredients – The Breakdown
Ingredients in this product include;
- Omega 3 – omega 3 fatty acids are a type of fats found in the human body and can be supplemented through diet. According to a review article the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health, omega 3 can reduce levels of triglycerides (blood lipids), relieve symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and slows the progression of age related eye disease.
- Astaxanthin – this ingredient has collective diverse functions in skin health. In publication appearing in the Nutrients journal, astaxanthin has numerous health benefits. It has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and immune enhancing properties.
- DHA – docosahexanoic acid is an omega 3 fatty acid that has been considered beneficial for the heart and brain function. According to the Journal of Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, DHA has shown positive effects in slowing cognitive decline.
- EPA – consumption of eicosapentanoic acid has generally demonstrated numerous health benefits. According to Hospital Pharmacy, EPA has the ability to reduce cardiovascular disease.
How Does It Work? | The Science Behind Captains Krill Oil
Captains Krill Oil is packed with omega 3 fatty acids such as eicosapentanenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexane acid (DHA) which claims to have numerous health benefits including cardiovascular health and anti-inflammatory properties.
Apart from omega 3, the product contains omega 6 and 9 as well as phospholipids and astaxanthin. Astaxanthin is an antioxidant with many health benefits as well. The main health benefit it may provide cholesterol reduction.
It also has anti-fatigue and anti-inflammatory properties which are both helpful to seniors who suffer from joint pains.
Captains Krill Oil Pros & Cons
- This dietary product may help reduce inflammation in joint areas
- It may aid cholesterol reduction as it contains astaxanthin
- The product claims to be fresh from the boat and not stored in factories
- It claims to be harvested without chemical solvent extraction
- Might be easy to swallow as Softgels are much smaller in size compared to fish oil supplements
- People with shell fish allergy are advised not to use this product
- Expected health benefits may not be achieved
- Some people might find it intolerable just like fish oil supplements
- Some users might get side effects such as nausea
People Also Ask – Questions and Answers
Q: How to Use Captains Krill Oil?
A: 2 soft gels should be taken daily with food (preferably) or as directed by your doctor.
Q: Does Captains Krill Oil Have Any Side Effects?
A: Yes, those with shell fish allergy may experience adverse side effects thus they should keep off. If you have no allergy you can use but side effects such as nausea may be expected considering the intolerability of most fish oil supplements.
Q: Can I Use Captains Krill Oil If I Have A Health Condition?
A: No, unless approved by your health provider.
Q: Does Captains Krill Oil Work?
A: Yes, this product may work in terms of boosting your health due to the presence of important properties such as omega 3, 6 and 9 as well as phospholipids and astaxanthin.
Q: What Is Captains Krill Oil Moneyback Guarantee, Return & Refund Policy?
A: After using this product regularly for 6 months and you see no results, the company promises to refund your money regardless of where you purchased it from.
Captains Krill Oil Alternatives
|ProJoint Plus||$29.95||Glucosamine Sulfate, Boswellia Extract, Turmeric, Methionine|
|Turmeric Curcumin Plus||$23.95||Turmeric, Curcuminoids(e. curcumin), BioPerine (Piperine)|
|Triple Strength Omega 3 Fish Oil||$34.95||Tocopherol, Omega 3 Fatty Acids, Green-Lipped Mussel|
|Relief Factor||$79.95-93.95||Icariin, Turmeric, Resveratrol, Omega 3|
|Zipfizz||$37.99||Green coffee bean, Vitamin B12, grape seed,
Caffeine anhydrous, green tea leaf, guarana seed
|Tru Niagen||$40.00||Niagen, Hypromellose, Microcrystalline Cellulose|
|SuperBeets||$34.95||Malic Acid, Beetroot, Apple flavor|
Is Captains Krill Oil Safe? – Warnings & Complaints
This product is only safe for those who don’t have shell fish allergy. There are a couple of warnings that come with this product;
- Do not exceed recommended dosage
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers, under 18’s and those with medical conditions should not use this product without a doctor’s approval
- Keep out of reach of children as it contains desiccant packet to enhance freshness
- Do not use if safety seal is damaged or missing
The major complaint mentioned by customers was the high price of the product.
Captains Krill Oil Customer Reviews & Results
This product has many positive reviews from customers who claimed their joint pain improved and did not experience any gastric issue.
However, there are negative reviews from users who experienced nausea and noticed that their cholesterol levels did not reduce.
Captains Krill Oil: Packages, Deals, Prices & Where to Buy It
A bottle of Captain Krill Oil contains 60 tiny soft gels and costs $59.95.
- The two bottles pack costs $99.97 (save $19.93)
- And the 4 bottles pack cost $189.00 (save $50.8)
The product is available online.
The Bottom Line
Captains Krill Oil soft gels are claimed to be formulated with fresh krill oil harvested from the Southern Ocean off Antarctica. The company behind this product also claims that no chemical solvent extraction is used, frozen krill is not used and the soft gels are free from additives and fillers.
However, even with all these advantages, this product may be unfit for use especially if you have a shellfish allergy. In that case, you can check out other joint pain products that fit your nutritional needs.
Is There Anything Else You Should Know About Captains Krill Oil?
Captains Krill Oil’s company claims that it does not store the soft gels in barrels in warehouses as other manufacturers do.
Instead, these soft gels are formulated fresh from the boat and then bottled. And to enhance the freshness, a desiccant packet is included in the product bottle.