Jacob Teitelbaum, M.D.
Jacob Teitelbaum, MD, is a board-certified internist and nationally known expert in the fields of chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, sleep, and pain.
- Jacob is an American physician and author with special interests in chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, and pain management.
- He travels extensively to educate and support those afflicted with health issues falling within his areas of specialized expertise, frequently participating in interviews and addressing major medical conferences.
- In addition to training other physicians, he focuses on public education and media outreach, and has appeared on Fox News, The Doctor Oz Show, CNN, PBS, NPR, and Good Morning America.
He is the bestselling author of "From Fatigued to Fantastic!" (Avery Penguin), "Pain-Free 1-2-3" (McGraw-Hill) and his latest "Beat Sugar Addiction NOW!" (Fair Winds). He is also the author of landmark published research on effective treatments for chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia.
One of the most frequently quoted integrative medical authorities in the world, Dr. Teitelbaum appears often as a guest on programs such as Oprah and Friends with Dr. Mehmet Oz, CNN, Fox News Channel, and local news and talk shows nationwide.
Dr. Teitelbaum knows CFS and fibromyalgia as an insider. He battled CFS and fibromyalgia while attending medical school in the mid-'70s which led him to discover various treatments. The S.H.I.N.E.® Protocol treatment program he developed has helped tens of thousands of sufferers reclaim the vitality CFS/FMS once robbed from their lives. As a private practitioner, public speaker, and author of various books he has helped many. His website, Vitality101.com, provides resources for those seeking help with CFS and fibromyalgia. The website also provides information and treatment advice covering general "health A-Z" topics from the perspective of integrative medicine.
As a leading expert and researcher in chronic fatigue and pain, Dr. Teitelbaum has helped thousands worldwide to regain their energy, overcome pain and start enjoying their lives again.
Education & Board Certifications
- College/University (1969-1972) | B.A. — Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri
- Medical School (1972-1977) | M.D. Degree — Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Residency (1977-1980) | Internship and Residency — Internal Medicine, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, D.C.
- Board Certified — Internal Medicine (September 1980)
- Founding Diplomate — American Board of Holistic Medicine (December 2000)
Honors and Awards
- ODK Honor Society, Washington University (1972)
- Who's Who Among Outstanding Americans (1995-2001)
- Who's Who of Professionals — International (2001)