Phena-Lean is marketed as a fat-burning supplement designed to promote weight loss and boost metabolism.
Anabolic Warfare, the company that makes this supplement, claims it will provide all-day energy. The company also claims that it preserves muscle while losing fat.
Phena-Lean Ingredients – The Breakdown
There are several primary active ingredients in this fat burning supplement.
- Vitamin B3 (as Niacin) – According to a study from Current Medical Science, B vitamins may reduce body weight gain by increasing energy metabolism.
- Caffeine Anhydrous – In a study by The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, caffeine stimulates the rate your body burns calories.
- Di-Caffeine Malate – Is 2 caffeine molecules bonded to malate.
- L-Theanine – In a Psychopharmacology study, L-Theanine has beneficial effects on cognition.
- Citrus Aurantium (Bitter Orange) contains synephrine which raises blood pressure and heart rate according to the Mayo Clinic.
- L-Tyrosine – There are no studies that indicate L-Tyrosine assists with weight loss. However, a study in Journal of Psychiatry and Neuroscience indicates it prevents cognitive decline which supports the claim of improved mental clarity.
- Theobromine – According to a study in Discovery and Innovation, theobromine induces significant fat loss.
- Ginseng Extract – It has anti-obesity effects according to Journal of Ginseng Research.
- N-Isopropylnorsynephrine – Is a form of synephrine, similar to bitter orange.
- ParadoxineTM Grains of Paradise (std. to 12.5% 6-Paradol) – Is used in the treatment of inflammation, diabetes and heart disease according to Journal of Ethnopharmacology.
- Lean GBB® (Gamma-Butyrobetaine Ethyl Ester HCL) – Is a replacement for L-Carnitine and is a common ingredient in dietary supplements.
- Rauwolscine 90% – Is an alkaloid found in yohimbine according to Drug Testing and Analysis.
- Huperzine A – It is added to supplements for cognitive enhancement.
Inactive ingredients include gelatin (capsules), magnesium stearate and silicon dioxide.
How Does It Work? | The Science Behind Phena-Lean
The Manufacturers claim this product promotes thermogenesis and decreases body fat. Thermogenesis means heat-producing. When you burn calories, you generate heat. This product includes ingredients that encourage thermogenesis.
It was also found that these supplements may produce elevations in blood pressure. Therefore, people with hypertension should discuss this supplement with their physician.
Taken daily, supplementation may increase energy expenditure over time and produce fat loss.
Phena-Lean Pros & Cons
According to the manufacturer claims, the product is capable of doing the following things as mentioned below:
- Provides all-day energy
- Boosts metabolism
- Suppresses appetite
- Preserves muscle
- Sculpting agent
- Produced at a cGMP, a good manufacturing practice facility enforced by the FDA
The cons are listed below:
- May cause stomach upset if not taken with food
- Jitteriness has been reported
- Should take supplement early in the day as it may cause sleeplessness
- May cause fast heartbeat
Customer Questions and Answers
A: Phena-Lean is a fat-burning supplement that uses the effects of thermogenesis to induce weight loss. Caffeine is one of the main ingredients.
A: According to the manufacturer, 2 of the ingredients, paradoxine and GBB promote thermogenesis and boost fat-burning ability. Caffeine in the supplement enhances mental clarity, increases metabolism and decreases fatigue.
A: According to the manufacturer claims, Phena-Lean is considered safe. It is made in the USA at a cGMP facility.
A: According to the official website, take one capsule in the morning with food. Depending on how you react to the product, you can take 2 capsules per day. However, the manufacturer indicates not to take more than 2 capsules per day.
|Phena-Lean||$51.29||Caffeine Anhydrous, Vitamin B3, Di-Caffeine Malate, L-Theanine, L-Tyrosine, Theobromine|
|Anorectant No. 10||$187.00||Caffeine Anhydrous, Choline Bitrate, Acetyl L-Carnitine, Rauwolscine|
|Invigor8 Fat Burner||$79.99 for a 2 month supply||Raspberry ketones, green coffee bean extract, green tea, garcinia, Forskolin, olive leaf|
|Hydroxycut||$30.99||C. Canephora Robusta, Caffeine|
|PhenQ||$69.95||Capsimax, calcium carbonate, chromium picolinate, caffeine, nopal, L-carnitine fumarate, lacys reset|
|Plexus Slim||$89.95||Chromium Polynicotinate, green coffee bean extract, Garcinia Cambogia|
|Phen375||$65.95||Caffeine Anhydrous, L-Carnitine,Citrus Aurantium,Chromium,
|Trimtone Green Tea Fat Burner||$49.95||Green Tea, Green Coffee, Caffeine, Glucomannan, Grains of Paradise|
|RazaLean||$69.95||Capsaicin, caffeine, kelp, apple cider vinegar, turmeric, arginine|
Is Phena-Lean Safe? – Warnings & Complaints
The manufacturer claims the ingredients in their product are safe. However, some ingredients in the product may cause elevation in blood pressure.
CAUTION: You should check with a doctor before taking this supplement to make sure it’s medically suitable for you.
Phena-Lean Customer Reviews & Results
On Amazon there are 52 customer reviews with a rating of 4 out of 5. There were 21 positive reviews and 5 critical reviews.
Common complaints include:
- Upset stomach
- Supplement made me jittery
- Must eat before taking
Phena-Lean: Packages, Deals, Prices & Where to Buy It
You can buy this product on the manufacturer’s official website, and on Amazon.
- On the official website, you can get a 30-day supply of the product, or you can purchase the auto-shipment program and get one bottle every month for a 10% discount which would be a cost of $51.29. Shipping is free of charge.
- On Amazon, the product costs $56.99 for a one-time purchase. Save 5% now and up to 10% on repeat deliveries. You can cancel anytime.
The Bottom Line
This product promotes thermogenesis which burns calories and causes weight loss. Four ingredients in this product are stimulants.
Stimulants may cause side effects like upset stomach or jitteriness. This product is not recommended for those who are caffeine or stimulant sensitive.
This product may elevate your blood pressure or make your heart race. If you have a history of hypertension, be sure to discuss this product with your doctor.
The makers of this product are not listed with the Better Business Bureau. They claim they don’t play around and make products for those who spend hours at the gym. This product is not for the faint of heart.
As with all weight loss supplements, consult with your doctor before taking this supplement.