DermaFlash is a product which removes the dead skin cells from the surface of your skin. At the same time it both exfoliates and gets rid of any peach fuzz on the surface. It’s an anti-aging product which uses a light blade to get rid of skin impurities.
What to Look For?
The DERMAFLASH LUXE Dermaplaning Device comes with:
- Cleanser – This is what they refer to as the PREFLASH, used to cleanse your face prior to taking out the device. There are no specific ingredients included for the cleanser.
- Blade – This is a light blade meant for single use.
- Charging Base – It sits in the charging cradle until the indicator light shows that it’s charged.
- Moisturizer – After using the device, you rub the moisturizing cream into your face in a circular motion to soothe the skin.
- 4 Extra Blades – These are extra single-use blades for subsequent uses.
Purified Water, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Acrylates Crosspolymer-4, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Papain, Phospholipids, Glucosamine HCI, Aphanizomenon Flos-Aquae Powder, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Salicylic Acid, Yeast Extract, Glycerin, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Phenoxyethanol, Urea, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA
Purified Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Yucca Glauca Root Extract, Ceramide 2, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phospholipids, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tetrapeptide-21, caffeine, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Resveratrol, Bisabolol, Sodium PCA, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Menthol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Camphor, PEG-100 Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol
DERMAFLASH Rx Device includes
- 4 weeks of treatment
- PREFLASH Cleanser (.33 fl. oz.)
- POSTFLASH Moisturizer (.33 fl. oz.)
- 4 DERMAFLASH EDGES
- Charging Dock & USB Cord
- Quick Start Guide
How Does It Work – The Science Behind DermaFlash
The DermaFlash device works by using ‘subtle sonic vibration’ along the skin on your face to remove the upper layer of dead skin cells and peach fuzz. According to the official website, nothing you can do to the surface of your skin will change the way it grows. It should grow back just the way it was before.
DermaFlash Pros & Cons
- It removes the outer layer of your skin, including dead cells and peach fuzz.
- The product gives your skin a healthy, rosy glow.
- DermaFlash makes the skin smooth to the touch.
- The device can be difficult to use.
- You can only use it on your face, not on the rest of your body.
- It can do damage if you use it when you have cuts or abrasions.
- In some users, it makes the skin a little red afterwards.
FAQ - Consumer Questions and Answers
Step 1: PREFLASH(TM): The essential first step, wash your face with the cleanser provided, rinse, and towel your face dry. Place a small amount of PREFLASH onto wet hands and create lather. Massage onto face, rinse well, and pat dry.
Step 2: DERMAFLASH(R): With a new Edge loaded, take the device and turn it on with the power button. It will begin to gently vibrate. If you press it again, it will vibrate more intensely. Pressing it a third time turns it off. Start near your ear and hold your skin taut while you use the device. Hold your DERMAFLASH(R) LUXE at a 45o angle. Run the device over your face gently using short, feathery strokes. Do not get it near the surface of your eyelids, lips, or nose.
Step 3: POSTFLASH(TM): Massage a small amount of POSTFLASH into skin to hydrate and soothe after treatment. To dispose of single-use Edge, point top of device towards wastebasket and press eject button. Change your edges after each use. After use, throw away the blade. You do not want any of the dead skin and bacteria going back on your face. Rub the moisturiser all over to refresh and hydrate.
Tip: Use DERMAFLASH once per week for wrinkle reduction benefit.
On the official website, you can purchase the DermaFlash set for $99. You can make 3 payments of $33.
Some customers have mentioned getting a redness following use of the product, or even an irritation or rash. If this occurs, consider discontinuing use. There were customers who said the peach fuzz grew back in as stubble, contrary to what the company advertises.
If you have any cuts or abrasions on your face, you can't use the device. In addition, if you have eczema or any other skin condition, you should avoid using this product.
This product does work for most customers. The majority of users have been very happy with the results they've gotten after even one usage. It makes the skin smoother and refreshes it. Some users have developed pimples or a rash, but most have not.
The concern that many users have initially is whether the hair on their face will grow back course or thick. Most users did not find this to be a problem. However, there were a couple of customers who had stubble or ingrown hairs develop in response to using DermaFlash.
The manufacturer is offering a 60-day money-back guarantee. If you're dissatisfied with the product for any reason, return it to the company within 60-days of the date of your original purchase for a full refund. You can even return the device and still get your money back. This doesn't include the shipping costs.
DermaFlash Alternatives – Compare with Similar Items
Here is a comparison of some of the devices on the market:
|DermaFlash||$99||Can only use on the face|
|DermaWand||$119.95||Can only use on the face|
|Tria Hair Removal Laser Precision||$276||Can use on entire body|
|Exilis||$350||Can use on entire body|
|Facial-Flex||$55.95||Can only use on the face|
|DermaPen||$100 and $700||Can only use on the face|
It’s clear that there is a wide range of prices for these devices. It’s important to read the reviews carefully to find out the bottom line about each device.
Warnings & Complaints
Some users did say they got redness or a rash from the product, and even ingrown hairs and pimples in a couple of cases. It’s a good idea to try it out on a small area of skin first.
By and large, most customers have been happy with DermaFlash, but there were a few who said it didn’t live up to the advertising.
Others mentioned glitches like a charging port that stops working after only a few uses, or the blade eject mechanism failing.
DermaFlash Customer Reviews & Results
The majority of users have been very happy with this product. They found it to be very gentle on their face. It removed the dead skin and peach fuzz on the face and left it glowing and clean-looking.
Customers said that following use their face felt invigorated. They found it to be worth the money, especially since laser treatments that would accomplish the hair removal are much more costly.
There were some users that said the treatment made their face red afterward, led to a rash or pimples. A couple of users said that it actually did create stubble or ingrown hairs when the peach fuzz grew in – contrary to what the company advertises.
DermaFlash: Packages, Deals, Prices & Where to Buy It
There are two purchasing options for the DermaFlash kit on the official website. You can purchase DermaFlash 1, the original version of this product, or the new, upgraded model called DermaFlash 2.0 Luxe.
- DermaFlash 1 – The 1 is priced at $149.85 (three payments of $49.95), and the 2.0 version is priced at $199.95 (three payments of $66.65). The DermaFlash 1 allows for 4 treatments, and the kit includes a 10 ml PREFLASH Cleanser, a 10 ml POSTFLASH Moisturizer, a Travel Edge Tray with two full-size edges, and a travel bag.
- DermaFlash 2.0 Luxe – The DermaFlash 2.0 Luxe allows for 8 treatments, and the kit includes a 20 ml PREFLASH Cleanser, 20 ml POSTFLASH Moisturizer, Travel Edge Tray with two full-size edges, a travel bag, and a DERMAPROTECT Daily Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 50+. (4)
The Bottom Line
DermaFlash is a product that seems to be great for a lot of people and not so good for some others.
In most cases, it removes the outer layer of skin and peach fuzz from the face leaving it smooth and replenished. In some cases, however, it causes skin issues like pimples or a rash.
If you have any kind of skin condition, including bad acne, you should avoid using this product. Go to your doctor, or to a dermatologist, before beginning to use DermaFlash. It’s important to make sure that it’s the right product for you.
Is There Anything Else You Should Know About DermaFlash?
For most people, this will probably be an effective product, but it’s always important to keep a few tips in mind when using the device:
- Do not use the device on your face more than once a week, or you can create a rash.
- Employ gently, featherlike strokes when using the device.
- Avoid any contact between the device and your lips, nose, and eyelids.
- Make sure to cleanse your face before using the device and moisturize afterward.