About Olay Ultimate Eye Cream
Olay Eyes is marketed as 4 separate eye creams that claims to brighten dark circles, hydrate tried eyes, decrease puffiness, and reduce wrinkles.
They also claim their eye creams will hide your secrets and give you a youthful look. Their creams are for all skin types. Olay does not test their products on animals.
Olay Eyes Ingredients – The Breakdown
There are several primary active ingredients in these eye creams.
- Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide) – According to Dermatological Surgery, niacinamide improves skin appearance, reduces wrinkles and red blotchiness. It also improves elasticity of the skin.
- Vitamin C and Caffeine – In combination have wound healing effects on the skin according to a study in Therapeutic Delivery.
- Optic Brighteners – Fluoresce under light and make the skin appear brighter according to International Journal of Organic Chemistry.
- Hyaluronic Acid – According to a study in Dermato Endocrinology, hyaluronic acid helps skin retain its moisture.
- Cucumber Extract & Witch Hazel – According to Journal of Inflammation has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties for the skin.
- Amino Peptide – According to Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, amino peptides have anti-microbial properties and are extensively used in cosmetics.
- Pigments – Are Iron oxides that are used in cosmetics to add color to the skin according to Science Direct.
- Retinoid Complex – According to Advances in Dermatology and Allergology, retinoid complex, known as vitamin A, is an anti-wrinkle agent and is used in cosmetics.
- Vitamin E – Is an antioxidant and is important for maintaining skin health according to Oregon State University.
Other inert ingredients:
Water, Vinyl Dimethicone/ Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Isopropyl Isostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Benzyl Alcohol, Ethylparaben, Peg-100 Stearate, Dimethiconol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Laureth-7, Disodium Edta, Titanium Dioxide.
How Does It Work? | The Science Behind Olay Ultimate Eye Cream
The manufacturer states the area around your eyes is thin and delicate. It is the area that shows stress and fatigue. They enrich their formulas with vitamins. The claim when you use it daily you will see improvement in 28 days.
Use in the morning and evening on clean skin. Place dots around the eye area, under eyes, outer corners, and eyelids and lightly rub until thoroughly absorbed.
Olay Eyes Pros & Cons
It claims to have the following benefits;
- Scent free
- Absorbs easily
- A little goes a long way
- Decreases eye bags
- Look less tired
- Burns and Reddens skin
- Irritates skin
- Sticky feeling around eyes
- Dried skin around eyes
- Made eyes itch
Customer Questions and Answers
A: This will depend on what issues you wish to resolve. They have 4 formulas. Each formula helps with the following conditions: brighten dark circles, hydrate tried eyes, decrease puffiness, and reduces wrinkles.
A: It can be used for all skin types. It is fragrance free and has been rated well among customers.
A: Use morning and evening on clean skin. Place a small amount around eyes and blend in.
A: The manufacturers claim it renews skin surface after weeks of use and reduces puffiness around eyes. It also claims to brighten and hydrate the skin around your eyes.
Olay Ultimate Eye Cream Alternatives
|Drunk Elephant Shaba Complex Eye Serum||$60||Black Tea Ferment, Copper Peptides, Niacinamide,|
|DermaSet 3D Rollerball Eye Serum||$71.25||Hyaluronic acid, kinetin triple peptide compound, caffeine barley extract|
|Plexaderm||$59.95||Titanium Dioxide, Acetyl hexapeptide-8, hydrolyzed rice protein|
|Sudden Change Under Eye Firming Serum||$12.97||Dextran Sulphate, Hyaluronic Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Dimethicone, Serum Albumin|
|Kiehl’s Vitamin C Eye Serum||$59||Vitamin C, Tri-Peptide and Hyaluronic Acid|
|Murad Renewing Eye Cream||$82||Retinol, Mango Butter, Eye Brightening Complex, Advanced Peptides|
Is Olay Ultimate Eye Cream Safe? – Warnings & Complaints
Olay is made by Procter & Gamble and has received an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
The manufacturers of Olay claim to have more than 500 scientists and professionals who make sure their products meet safety and regulatory standards.
Customer complaints included irritated and burning skin.
EWG, Environmental Working Group, uses the power of information to protect our health and environment. EWG gave Olay eyes a score of 3 which is of moderate concern and nearing low hazard for people with allergies and skin sensitivities.
Olay Eyes Customer Reviews & Results
Customer reviews at Amazon gave it a 4.3 out of 5 stars. There were 207 positive reviews and 49 critical reviews. Of the critical reviews, the main complaint was irritated and burning skin.
Olay Eyes: Packages, Deals, Prices & Where to Buy It?
You can purchase Olay eyes at the official site for $25 – $29 for a 0.5-ounce portion size. Amazon has these products available for $11.99 plus shipping cost. It is also available at Walmart, Ulta, CVS and Target.
The Bottom Line
Overall, customers have positive reviews about this product. There are 4 different eye creams available for purchase: Regenerist Retinol24, Brightening Eye Cream, Deep Hydrating Eye Gel, and Ultimate Eye Cream.
All appear to brighten, reduce puffiness, hydrate, and soften fine lines. All four creams are affordable for most customers. There are customer complaints about irritation and skin burning and redness for those who suffer from skin sensitivity and allergies. Check with your dermatologist prior to using this product.