Genucel is a product of Chamonix Skin Care- an anti-aging eye cream that uses plant stem cell therapy. The official website claims Genucel works in 12 hours or less to reduce eye puffiness and bags.
They claim the combination of Eyeseryl technology and plant extracts work together to decrease puffiness and tighten the skin around the eyes.
Genucel Ingredients – The Breakdown
There are several primary ingredients in this product. They include:
- Eveseryl peptide – Is made by Lipotec. It is a tetrapeptide that reduces puffiness and dark circles around the eyes. It decreases edema secondary to poor lymphatic circulation. It prevents collagen glycation and therefore, helps the skin around the eye from losing its elasticity.
- Malus Domestica apples – In a study by Future Science OA, an extract from apple stem cells reduces wrinkles and crow’s feet in the eye area.
- Goji berry extract – According to Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, goji berry extract suppresses the formation of sun induced collagen damage and wrinkle formation.
- Green tea leaf extract – Was found to have anti-aging and photoprotection benefits against harmful effects of the sun according to a study in Molecules.
- Algae extract – According to a study in Marine Drugs, algae extract has antioxidant, anti-melanogenic and anti-aging properties.
- Hydrolyzed marine collagen – Marine Drugs has a study on marine collagen that indicates marine fish-derived peptides have antioxidant, antimicrobial, and anti-photoaging activity.
How Does It Work? | The Science Behind Genucel
As we age, muscles weaken around our eyes which leads to puffiness and eye bags. The skin around our eyes loses elasticity which causes wrinkles and fine lines.
Genucel contains ingredients that claim to target eye bags and puffiness. The cream includes Eyeseryl, a peptide that reduces inflammation
The product also contains PhytoCellTec Malus Domestica plant stem cells which can tighten the skin around the eye area.
Genucel Pros & Cons
According to the manufacturer, the pros are mentioned below:
- Targets eye bags and puffiness
- Results may be seen in 12 hours
- Tightens skin around the eyes
- Gives eyes a youthful appearance
- Smooths lines around the eyes
- Product has a 24-month shelf life
- Nourishes skin with antioxidants
- Skin irritation
- Drying of the skin
- Stinging around the eyes
- Peeling around the eyes
Customer Questions and Answers
A: The company claims the results last up to 24 hours.
A: The price varies from $127 to $220 for a 2-month supply depending on which package you purchase.
A: The manufacturer recommends that Genucel be applied twice per day around the eyes. Be sure to wash your face before applying.
|Agelyss Restorative Eye Cream||$59||Sodium hyaluronate, citric acid, lactic acid, pineapple extract, grape fruit extract, mineral oil|
|Simple Beauty Eye Serum||$49||Sodium hyaluronate, various peptides, aloe vera, green tea|
|Plexaderm||$59.95||Titanium Dioxide, Acetyl hexapeptide-8, hydrolyzed rice protein|
|DermaSet 3D Rollerball Eye Serum||$71.25||Hyaluronic acid, kinetin triple peptide compound, caffeine barley extract|
|DermaSet||$134.25||Hyaluronic Acid, Apple Stem Cells, Sea Fennel Stem Cells, Argireline Extract|
|Cryotin||$79||Antarcticine, syn-ake peptide, eyeseryl peptide|
Is Genucel Safe? – Warnings & Complaints
When you purchase Genucil you are purchasing a 2-month auto-ship order. Customers complain that it is difficult to cancel auto-ship.
Genucel Customer Reviews & Results
Chamonix, the company that makes Genucel, has received an A+ from Better Business Bureau.
According to 2,201 Trustpilot reviews, Genucel received 1,211 or 55% excellent reviews (till 15 April 2020). 378 great reviews, 284 average reviews, 137 poor reviews and 191 or 9% bad reviews. Common complaints were no noticeable results and poor customer service.
Excellent reviews indicated the product was easy to order but no mention of whether the product worked or not.
Genucel: Prices & Where to Buy It
You can purchase a 2-month supply from the official website for $127.00 which includes Genucel Immediate Effects Two and 2 Genucel Plant Stem Cell Therapy tubes.
If you would like an additional redness repair cream and eyelid treatment and 1 complimentary gift it costs $154.00.
If you would like an additional Gen90, neck treatment and Cristalles Microdermabrasion and 2 complimentary gifts, the cost would be $220.00.
There are no shipping costs and you will receive a supply automatically every 2 months.
The Bottom Line
Positive reviews were noted by more than half of the customers. The ingredients of this product appear to be backed by scientific literature. The manufacturer received an A+ rating on Better Business Bureau. You can choose from 3 different treatment plans based on your needs.
The downside of this product are the complaints regarding customer service and inability to cancel auto-ship. If you are looking to reduce bags under your eyes, there are better eye creams available in the market.