Plexaderm is an anti-aging rapid reduction eye cream that was designed to treat a number of cosmetic issues that are common concerns to the eye area. For instance, the makers claim that it could help reduce the visibility of crow’s feet, under-eye bags and other wrinkles and blemishes around the eyes.
Plexaderm can also be used on other areas of the face as well such as around the mouth to decrease laugh lines and on the forehead. The company that has developed Plexaderm named itself after the product. The company who makes Plexaderm operates out of Farmingdale, New York.
Plexaderm Ingredients – The Breakdown
The ingredients in Plexaderm skincare consist of mostly synthetic materials. Here is a breakdown of some of the most important main ingredients:
- Hydrolyzed Rice Protein – Hydrolyzed Rice protein is used in many cosmetic products as an absorbing agent, bulking agent and binder. According to Cosmetics Info hydrolyzed rice protein is generally safe and toxicity concerns are low.
- Titanium Dioxide – This ingredient is used as a physical block to filter out harmful UV rays and as a whitening agent for the skin per Safe Cosmetics.
- Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 – This is a common ingredient in skin care products. It is also known as Argireline and it is supposed to have anti-aging effects.
How Does it Work – The Science Behind Plexaderm
One of the main claims of this product is to reduce the appearance of the bags we sometimes get under our eyes. The reason we get these bags become so apparent the connective tissue under the eyes weakens with age. This results in prominent fat under the skin of our under-eyes. That combined with mild dehydration or a touch of seasonal allergies one could look puffy.
These changes are due to genetics and aging. The Penn State University site published an article that confirms that genes may also play a factor and that it may be a hereditary condition.
In any case, Plexaderm skincare is supposed to help restore the connective tissues under the eye. It may also help reduce the darkness under the eyes through the utilization of titanium dioxide. Chemical Safety Facts points out that titanium dioxide has a whitening effect. It can brighten the skin and hide blemishes as well.
Plexaderm Pros & Cons
- This product may be able to lighten the skin under the eyes.
- At least one of the main ingredients has low toxicity concerns.
- This product can be used for all skin types.
- Most of the ingredients in this cream are synthetic.
- Titanium dioxide has been ruled as a possibly carcinogenic substance to humans.
- Some consumers may not like the consistency of Plexaderm.
Customer Questions and Answers
The user is to wash and dry their face before applying Plexaderm. Then they can apply a thin layer to the affected portions of the skin. After application, wait up to 10 minutes for optimal absorptions and effect.
You can buy a single bottle of Plexaderm for $59.95. You can buy 2 bottles and get one free as well. This option comes at a price of $119.90. Both options come with free shipping and handling.
There should be little to no irritation of the skin and side-effects are limited.
Most of the ingredients in Plexaderm have been deemed safe by legitimate medical authorities. If you have a skin condition, you should talk to your doctor before using Plexaderm.
There is a 30-day return policy associated with Plexaderm. It stipulates that you can try Plexaderm for 30 days and if you are not happy with the results, you can return it for a refund minus the cost of shipping.
In the following section we will compare Plexaderm to some of the most popular eye cream alternatives out there.
|Plexaderm||$59.95||Titanium Dioxide, Acetyl hexapeptide-8, hydrolyzed rice protein|
|Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair||$17.97||Hyaluronic acid|
|Amara Beauty Face Cream||$20.85||Peptides, resveratrol|
Plexaderm Customer Reviews and Results
Taking a look at the official Plexaderm website, we see mostly positive reviews. The positive reviews include comments like:
- It helped to reduce wrinkles on the face.
- It helped to make a significant difference in under eye darkness.
- It replaces the need for makeup under the eyes.
Others were not so happy with the way it worked and complained of:
- Clay-like residues left behind.
- The bottle being too small.
- The fact that it cannot be used with other products or makeup.
Overall, the reviews are not favorable on third-party sites. If taken as a whole (official site reviews and third-party site reviews) Plexaderm has had an overall negative response.
Plexaderm – Where to Buy and How to Save
Plexaderm can be bought on the official Plexaderm website or on third-party retail sites.
If you do buy from third-party sites you might actually pay more since it is more expensive on most retail sites.
The Bottom Line on Plexaderm
The official site for Plexaderm Skincare Rapid Reduction Cream seems to be a little skewed toward the product. It boasts the wonderful benefits that the user can get from using their product.
These benefits include fewer lines around the eyes and the mouth area as well as fewer wrinkles on the forehead. It also reports the improvement of crow’s feet and under-eye bags and puffiness.
It also states that each bottle comes with a semi-lengthy return policy of 30 days.
On the other hand, there are a significant amount of negative reviews online. Which leads us to believe that at least some of the claims are untrue.
There are also some potentially harmful, synthetic materials in Plexaderm. (Note: I personally have never tried the product.)
Is There Anything Else I Should Know about Plexaderm?
The manufacturers themselves warn that there is a potential risk of skin irritation and redness from using Plexaderm and that if it happens, you should discontinue use.
You should also be aware that Plexaderm’s effects will not last as long under conditions of extreme sweat, oil or moisture.
We believe this product has little potential upside in terms of its price. Maybe if it were less expensive it would be worth the trying.
Keep in mind that if you do buy it, you can return it within 30 days if you are unhappy with the results from the cream.
Of course, it may take longer than 30 days to see any results so make sure to use daily as directed by the package insert and try to photo document your progress of the condition of your skin while using Plexaderm.
2) Opinion of the Scientific Committee on Consumer safety (SCCS) - Revision of the opinion on the safety of the use of titanium dioxide, nano form, in cosmetic products. SCCS., Chaudhry Q Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2015 Nov; 73(2):669-70. [PubMed]
3) By True Earth Health Products Dec 14, 2016, 05:59 ET https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/clinical-study-reveals-plexaderm-cream-cosmetically-reduces-wrinkles-and-under-eye-bags-faster-than-injections-300378638.html
4) This study was performed in February 2019 using VISIA® Complexion Analysis System. The entire protocol was reviewed and approved by Sheer Science, prior to commencement of the study. Source; Plexaderm Clinical Survey Results & Study