About Caralluma Fimbriata
Caralluma is a cactus from India and it has been part of the native Indian populations diet for thousands of years. It has been used to suppress appetite in times of famine.
The cactus can also be found in parts of Africa, Southern Europe, and the Middle East.
Recently, people have been using fresh Caralluma or the supplement form to build endurance, suppress thirst and to lose weight.
In this article, we will discuss the health benefits and safety of the Caralluma Fimbriata supplement made by aSquared nutrition.
Caralluma Fimbriata Ingredients
This brand only has caralluma Fimbriata as the ingredient, along with the cellulose vegetable capsule.
The directions are to take two capsules, once per day with eight ounces of water. Each capsule has 1200 milligrams of Caralluma.
How does it Work?| The Science Behind Caralluma Fimbriata
Caralluma Fimbriata works in two different ways to reduce body weight.
- 1) Suppresses Appetite – It is believed that Caralluma Fimbriata can help to suppress your appetite by interfering with the hunger messages that are sent to your brain from your hypothalamus.
- 2) Blocks Fat Production – It contains pregnane glycosides, which is a phytochemical that can help block the enzyme Citrate Lyase, which is an enzyme needed for fat synthesis. So, in theory, inhibiting further production of fat may result in your body being forced to break down and burn your current fat reserves.
- Weight Loss
- In one study, overweight Indian adults were given one gram (1000 milligrams) of Carallluma daily for 60 days. Results showed a trend towards lower body weight, calorie intake, body mass index (BMI), body fat, hip circumference and calories consumed, there was not a significant difference between the experimental and control group .
- In the Perspectives of Clinical Research Journal, research completed on Caralluma Fimbriata extract (CFE) revealed that there were no changes in appetite when 1000 milligrams were taken daily in overweight and obese individuals . In addition, there were no statistical relevant changes in body weight, waist or hip circumference and biochemical parameters.
- In a pharmaceutical review of the supplement, it was noted that Caralluma Fimbriata may help with modest weight loss. In one study, individuals were broken up into two groups. Both groups were put on a calorie restriction and one group took the Caralluma Fimbriata supplement for sixty days. Research concluded that there was a 2.5% weight loss in the group with the calorie restriction and Caralluma plant, while there was 1.2% weight loss on the calorie restricted only group .
- Antioxidant Protection
Caralluma Fimbriata has phytochemicals and flavonoids that assist in the removal of free radicals, which in result can help slow or prevent damage to cells.
Caralluma Fimbriata Pros & Cons
- 100% money back guarantee
- Made in the USA
- 90-day supply
- Contains antioxidants
- May help with modest weight loss
- FDA registered & GMP Certified
- Recognized as a GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe) supplement by the FDA (added in 2014)
- Caralluma is the only ingredient
- May not be effective for weight loss
- The side effects may include constipation, abdominal bloating, gas, stomach upset, but may just be temporary
- There has been reports of difficulty sleeping if taken later in the day
Customer Questions and Answers
Q: Is this veggie capsule soy, gluten and casin free?
A: The only ingredient listed for the capsule is cellulose. So, my guess would be yes.
Q: Can you remove the pill from it’s casing to take?
A: The capsule can be pulled apart to get the powder
Q: Is this product organic?
A: It says it is made of natural ingredients, but it does not say it is organic on the packaging.
Caralluma Fimbriata Alternatives
|Thermozin||$35.99||Bitter orange, theobromine, green tea leaf, caffeine, elecampane root, moringa oleifera|
|Invigor8 Fat Burner||$79.99 for a 2 month supply||Raspberry ketones, green coffee bean extract, green tea, garcinia, Forskolin, olive leaf|
|PhenQ||$69.95||Capsimax, calcium carbonate, chromium picolinate, caffeine, nopal, L-carnitine fumarate, lacys reset|
|Plexus Slim||$89.95||Chromium Polynicotinate, green coffee bean extract, Garcinia Cambogia|
|Active PK||$69.00||Gynostemma Pentaphyllum Leaf Extract, Quercetin Dihydrate, Berberine HCI|
|Phen375||$65.95||Caffeine Anhydrous, L-Carnitine,Citrus Aurantium,Chromium,
|Slimvance||$59.99||Moringa oleifera Leaf Extract, Curry (Murraya koenigii) Leaf Extract, Turmeric (Curcuma longa Root Extract)|
This is my second bottle and I’m officially convinced that these actually make me feel less hungry throughout the day. I do notice a difference in my appetite on days when I forget to take the capsules and also find that they work best when taken on an empty stomach 20-30 minutes before you eat a meal. I don’t love the price, but since they work, I’ll be purchasing another bottle once these run out.
I have been taking the product now for about 2 weeks. I take one in the morning and one around 4 or 5 (when I remember to take the one in the evening). I’ve noticed it does curb my craving for sweets. I’ve also noticed a little bit more energy minus the jitters. I think this would be a great product if taken as suggested.
Have been looking for something to shut off the “hunger” switch that seems to be faulty in my system. After reading a great deal of material, this seems to be the best natural supplement to assist with my problem. I’m not sure if it is me, but after taking the product for 2 weeks as proscribed on the bottle, I see nor feel any difference in satiety. Came quickly and is a good price. Perhaps it will help someone else.
This really does suppress my appetite. I notice if I take it later in the day, I have problems sleeping. I recommend taking it before 2pm, and not after.
The Bottom Line
Caralluma Fimbriata seems safe to take, but it’s used has not been studied for long-term. More research is needed to recommend Caralluma for weight loss, but some research shows that it may cause very modest weight loss.
If you are looking for a supplement to help you lose weight, this product may not be your answer. It does have antioxidants, which can be helpful for overall health.
A calorie-reduced diet and daily exercise is recommended for healthy, sustained weight loss.