About Florajen Digestion (Formerly Florajen 3)
Florajen 3 is still on the market but the company changed the product and on the company website is called Florajen Digestion.
Florajen is a probiotic meant to relieve common digestive issues like constipation, diarrhea, bloating, and gas.
The probiotic strains will restore the natural balance of bacteria in your digestive system. The manufacturer especially recommends that customers on antibiotics should take this product, to restore digestion and their gut flora to normal.
Florajen 3 Ingredients – What to Look For
Florajen 3 probiotic is useful because it contains a unique blend of three probiotic cultures especially effective for restoring and maintaining gastrointestinal health, which can be disrupted by antibiotic treatment.
The ingredients include 3 active probiotics:
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus – It helps the body to absorb dairy foods. It also helps in calming stomach discomfort (source)
- Bifidobacterium Longum – According to Science Direct report, Bacterium in the intestinal tract which may help lessen unpleasant digestive symptoms.
- Bifidobacterium Lactis – Bacterium in the intestinal tract which may help lessen unpleasant digestive symptoms. Research backs up this effect.
How Does It Work | The Science Behind Florajen 3
Probiotics are designed to restore the natural balance of the digestive system. The balance can be thrown off by many factors, such as taking antibiotics, and this can lead to digestive symptoms like gas and bloating.
Florajen 3 Pros & Cons
- This product is resistant to the acid and bile in the stomach.
- It can help relieve digestive symptoms like bloating and constipation.
- It can restore the natural balance of the digestive system.
- It uses the most researched strains of probiotics
- Capsules are Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Allergy-Free and Kosher
- According to the company, one capsule has as many probiotics (15 billion CFUs) as 10 cups of yogurt
- There are other probiotic strains which could have been included.
- The product is relatively expensive.
- These are large capsules which may be hard to swallow.
The recommended dosage is one capsule per day, with water, and with or without food. You can also open the capsule and sprinkle the contents onto your food, if you prefer.
NOTE: If you're taking antibiotics, take the capsule either 1-2 hours before or after you take your antibiotics. The product is best kept refrigerated.
You may experience mild side effects like gas and bloating. More serious potential side effects include high fever, persistent cough, and chills.
Yes, you should avoid this product if you have diarrhea lasting more than 2 days (especially with a high fever), a weakened immune system, recurring vaginal infections, recurring urinary tract infections, diabetes, or phenylketonuria.
The product does appear to work, as over 70% of customers had very positive things to say about it.
Users said it calmed down digestive issues like gas and bloating, and really helped them feel significantly better.
There were some negative reviews as well, but they had nothing to do with the efficacy of the product.
The manufacturer is offering a general money-back guarantee, with no time limit attached to it. If you'd like a refund, you can get one for one bottle per address. Contact the company and send them your receipt. You'll receive a full refund.
Florajen 3 Alternatives
|Florajen 3||$42.99||Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium longum, Bifidobacterium lactis|
|Colon Detox Plus||$24.80||Aloe Vera, Alfalfa Leaf, Cascara Sagrada, Buckthorn, Rhubarb|
|Trubiotics||$14.50-20||Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium animalis|
|Bio X4||$99.00||Probiotic Blend (4 Billion CFU), Digestive Enzyme Blend (43mg), Weight Management Blend (100mg), Craving Control Blend (166mg)|
|Peptiva||$59.99||Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid, valerian root, melatonin|
|Vital Reds||$69.95||Green tea, Aronia berries, grape seed extract, mulberry extract, bitter melon extract|
These probiotic supplements are expensive, so when you look at the rest of the market the price of Florajen 3 is actually quite average.
The ingredients are all different strains of bacteria found in the digestive system. It’s difficult to compare which would be preferable.
Is Florajen 3 Safe? – Warnings & Complaints
The product is safe for the most part unless you have one of the illnesses that preclude taking this supplement, listed under health conditions.
Florajen 3 Customer Reviews & Results
Most of the users were very happy with this probiotic and felt it solved their digestive symptoms. There was another group of users with complaints, but they weren’t about the efficacy of the product.
This is a supplement that requires refrigeration and is supposed to be wrapped in a cold pack. Many users said that the item arrived, not even room temperature but actually hot. The company claims the product can remain potent without refrigeration up to 2 weeks.
Florajen 3: Packages, Deals, Prices & Where to Buy It
You can purchase it in the majority of pharmacies and health food stores. It’s also for sale on Amazon. A bottle with 60 capsules is priced at $42.99.
The Bottom Line
This is a popular product which seems to be well-liked by customers. Over 70% of customer reviews had very good things to say about Florajen.
Customers felt that it helped calm their digestive symptoms like constipation and diarrhea.
This product did also receive some negative commentary. These remarks had nothing to do with the efficacy of the product.
They all had to do with the way the product arrived. This product is supposed to be refrigerated and should come with a cold pack. Many customers stated that the product arrived not with a cold pack and hot to the touch.
This product is relatively safe, although there’s a chance you have some gas and abdominal bloating when you first start taking it. Before you start using this supplement, make an appointment with your doctor to get medical approval.
Is There Anything Else You Should Know About Florajen 3?
Florajen 3 may be a great probiotic that helps to calm your digestive issues. There are also some natural things you can do to improve your digestive system.
These include the following:
- There are some foods that have natural probiotic properties, like yogurt, pickles, kefir, kombucha, and sauerkraut. Consume these frequently.
- Stress can wreak havoc on your digestive system and can affect your weight loss goals. Practice meditation, relaxation, and other activities which lower your stress level.
- Eat slowly and take the time to chew your food properly.
- Eat a lot of fiber, as it’s very good for the digestion.