Melissa Bloom, MS, RD, LD
- RD with a passion for helping others redefine their relationship with food through science and awareness.
- Director of Nutrition Services at Next STEPS World Wide
- Featured on ABC-15 Sonoran Living, NBC-12 Arizona Midday KPNX and Channel 3 AZ KTVK.
Melissa Bloom, M.S., R.D., L.D is a Registered & Licensed Dietitian in the state of Texas. She specializes in the nutritional treatment of eating disorders and has helped thousands of people work to cultivate their own healthy relationship with food and body.
Melissa is also an avid writer and has directed the crafting of nutrition-related content for health apps and websites. She is an advocate for providing accurate, science-backed nutrition information to the public amongst the fiction that typically saturates our media.
Melissa is experienced with presenting for local news channels and mental health facilities, educating the general public on eating disorders and food facts vs. fiction.
2013 MS – Nutritional Sciences - Texas Woman's University
2013 Dietetic Internship (ACEND accredited) - Texas Woman's University
2011 BS – Dietetics and Institutional Administration - Texas Woman's University
- International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- International Federation of Eating Disorder Dietitians
- Eating Disorder Registered Dietitians and Professionals
A few words from the author
Nutrition is a complex science, not an opinion. The age of technology has accelerated the voice of nutrition, but unfortunately, most of it is not evidenced-based. I believe that empowering my clients to sort through the jumble and jargon and to see through deceptive nutrition messages, can help build a solid foundation to lead to a healthier life. I take a mindful, body-appreciative approach to nutrition, as our food psyche is just as important as what we eat. The brain and the gut work in exceptional ways and our mental health absolutely affects our nutritional patterns. You deserve to feel amazing mentally and physically!