Sheila Barbarino, MD, FAAO, FAACS, F.A.C.S. Board Certified Surgeon Trained In Oculo-facial Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- Sheila Barbarino, MD, FAAO, FAACS, F.A.C.S., a board certified surgeon who is fellowship trained in oculo-facial plastics/cosmetic plastic surgery, specializing in cosmetic surgery and a full face specialist.
- She is a fellow of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery and a member of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- A master injector, who teaches and trains other surgeons, physicians & providers how to inject & teaches, lectures and operates all over the world.
ExperienceDr. Barbarino is former president and a surgeon at barbarino surgical arts. She is a Diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology and a Fellow of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, has completed two fellowships, one in oculoplastic surgery and a second in full face and body aesthetic plastic surgery. She comes with expert experience of 14 plus years in comprehensive treatments for all skin types, including dark skin. Her extensive expertise includes the artistic use of non-surgical modalities such as Botox®, Sculptra®, Juvederm®, Radiesse® and Restylane® that helps patients achieve pleasing, natural looking facial rejuvenation. Dr. Barbarino brings her expertise to the practice of cosmetic, corrective and reconstructive surgery of the eyelids, face and body. She applies her ophthalmic plastic surgical skills to rejuvenate the eyelid and forehead complex.She empathizes with her patients’ desire to look well-rested, youthful and fit and to achieve what cannot be accomplished at the gym or through a good, healthy lifestyle.
Education & Training
- NYU School of Medicine- Residency, Ophthalmology
- New York Hospital Medical Center of Queens-Internship, Transitional Year
- Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University - Graduation
Certifications & Licensure
- American Board of Ophthalmology-Certified in Ophthalmology
- NY State Medical License-Active through 2016
- CA State Medical License-Active through 2020
- TX State Medical License-Active through 2020
PublicationsThe treatment of eyelid malposition following septal reset blepharoplasty. Lissauer, B. J., Barbarino, S. Syringocystadenoma papilliferum of the eyelid. Barbarino, S., McCormick, S. A., Lauer, S. A., Milman, T.
Health Insiders Editorial Philosophy
There's a wide range of information about health and wellness available, but not every source is reliable and accurate. Health Insiders is transforming this process. We are dedicated to providing the most up-to-date knowledge and data about the world of health. It’s clear and easy to understand, which allows you to evaluate what is best for you and your loved ones. Read more about our product review guidelines.
About Our Medical Review Process
Health Insiders aims to deliver accurate, reliable information about themes related to health and wellness. In order to ensure that the material we provide is correct and precise, we have a medical review team which ensures that the articles, photos, and products are precise and accurate. The Health Insiders Medical Network and Nutrition Team is composed of experts from a variety of medical and health-related fields, who all have a wealth of experience in medical care and research. Read more about our content evaluation process.