About City Lips
City Lips is as lip gloss whose purpose is to plump up the lips and give them more volume. It uses a unique collagen peptide blend to hydrate an moisturise the cells deeply.
According to the manufacturer, you’ll have fuller lips after 10 minutes. A second layer adds color and additional volume.
City Lips Ingredients – What to Look For
There are a number of main substances in this product. Some of the primary active ingredients include:
- Sodium Hyaluronate – It’s a humectant, meaning it draws a tremendous amount of moisture. This plumps the lips and makes them look fuller. A study published in Dermato-Endocrinology showed that this is a key molecule in skin aging.
- Palmitoyl Oligopeptide – These are chains of amino acids, proteins, which can give the lips volume. A study in the Journal of Clinical Aesthetic Dermatology showed that a complex including peptides led to fuller lips and restoration of moisture.
- Citrus Grandis Oil – The leaves from this fruit contain essential oils which can hydrate the lips, moisturizing them deeply. An article in Molecules discussed the composition and bioactivity of these oils.
How Does It Work? | The Science Behind City Lips
With age, the proteins in our lips diminish. This makes out lips appear thinner and drier. The oils in this product replenish these proteins.
In addition, the peptides in the product serve to build up the protective outer layer of the lips called the stratum corneum.
The International Journal of Pharmaceutics describes the structure and function of the stratum corneum, which is the outer layer of the epidermis. There are also moisturizers in the product to hydrate your lips.
City Lips Pros & Cons
- This product could make your lips plumper and fuller.
- It could deeply hydrate and moisturise your lips.
- This may make wrinkled lips much smoother.
- It’s good for all skin types.
- Many users have complained that it’s not effective.
- It contains many ingredients, which increases the chance of having a reaction.
- It contains say, which is a common allergen.
- This is an expensive product for the size.
Consumer Questions and Answers
Q: How to Use City Lips?
A: In order to use this product most effectively, apply a generous amount to clean, dry lips. Wait 2-3 minutes for it to dry, and then you may apply a second layer to add more color.
Q: Do City Lips Have Any Side Effects?
A: There are no specific side effects associated with using this product, but there’s always the chance that you’ll get a rash or allergic reaction. Check the ingredient list carefully to make sure there’s nothing unsuitable for you.
If you do have an unpleasant reaction, stop using this product and see a doctor if you think it’s necessary.
Q: Can I Use City Lips If I Have A Health Condition?
A: There are no health conditions that preclude using this product. The manufacturer recommends that you see a medical professional for approval before you start using this product.
Q: Does This Have Coconut In It?
A: No, it doesn’t contain coconut.
Q: Can I use my regular lipstick over City Lips?
A: To protect the skin, it is advised that a thin layer of another product be worn underneath the lip plumper. You may choose a favorite color of lipstick or a thin layer of lip balm to protect your skin while using the City Lips lip plumper.
Q: Do City Lips Work?
A: The product really doesn’t work at all, no. Most of the reviews are from users who complained that this is no more than a very expensive lip gloss. It doesn’t seem to plump the lips at all.
Q: What Is City Lips Moneyback Guarantee, Return & Refund Policy?
A: The manufacturer has a 60-day money-back guarantee. If you’re dissatisfied with the product, contact the company within 60 days of the original purchase date and send back the item. You’ll receive a full refund, minus shipping fees.
City Lips Alternatives
|City Lips||$35||Butylene Glycol, Sodium Saccharin, Magnesium Aspartate, Potassium Aspartate, Sodium Hyaluronate|
|Too Faced Lip Injection – Sephora||$28||Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/ Huile minérale, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil/Persea Gratissima Oil, Silica|
|Glossier Bubblewrap eye and lip plumping||$30||Hyaluronic acid group. peptide complex, swertia chirata, avocado oil, squalene|
|Idol Lips||$99.90||Propylene, Glycerin, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil, Candelilla and Squalene|
City Lips is clearly one of the most expensive products in this area. There’s a lot of overlap in terms if ingredients for this product, but City Lips doesn’t contain anything special. It’s too much money for the value.
Does City Lips come in a color?
With City Lips Matte, you can achieve flawless, long-wear color with just one lip product. City Lips Lip Plumper Colors! (Holly, Nude York, Sun Diego, Orchid, Los AngeLips, and Snow)
Is City Lips Safe? – Warnings & Complaints
This product is safe, yes. There are the mild side effects that are a possibility, but there haven’t been any serious consequences of this product reported.
City Lips Customer Reviews & Results
The reviews for this product were very poor. The majority of customers complained that the product did nothing at all in terms of plumping, although it was a decent lip gloss. However, this is far too high a price for a lip gloss.
City Lips: Packages, Deals, Prices & Where to Buy It
You can buy this product on the manufacturer’s official website, and on Amazon.
At the moment it’s listed as not available on Amazon and they do not include a price.
On the official website, you pay $35 for a one-time purchase and 31$ if you auto-subscribe – plus free shipping.
The Bottom Line
City Lips is an organic lip plumping product combined with a lip gloss. The product my make your lips thicker and fuller, as well as more hydrated.
Customers say that this is a good lip gloss, but that it doesn’t deliver as lip plumper at all. Users didn’t like that they paid so much money for a simple gloss.
Users did not mention having side effects as a result of using this product. If you do experience a rash or reaction, stop using it immediately.
Before you begin using the item, check with your doctor or dermatologist to make sure that it’s medically suitable for you.
Is There Anything Else You Should Know About City Lips?
City Lips may be the product you’re looking for to make your lips plumper and thicker. There are also some natural ways you can try to plump your lips, although none of them are scientifically recognized. Still, they may be worth a try:
- Drink a lot of water. Nothing makes lips thin and dry looking but lack of hydration.
- Use gloss and apply at least 2 layers. This will make your lips appear thicker.
- Apply one shade of gloss all over your lips. Then take a second, lighter shade and put it on in the middle of your lips. This will make your lips look thicker.
- Apply concealer to your lips both before and after you apply lipstick.