About Idol Lips
Idol Lips is a lip-plumping cosmetics created by Santrinico Enterprises that claims to help consumers achieve fuller, plumper, and sexier lips.
The lips are one of the most defining features of beauty in a person. The underlying desire to have fuller, plumper and more luscious lips have taken the cosmetic industry by storm. Consumers are itching for more noninvasive and innovative methods for lip plumping.
The producer praises it saying Idol Lip uses the latest technologies and thus does not disappoint when it comes to boosting your confidence and making you turn heads.
Idol Lips Ingredients – What to Look For?
The following are some of the featured ingredients in Idol Lips’ formulation:
- Hydrogenated Polyisobutene – Helps the skin retain moisture as well protect it against water loss according to the Journals of Cosmetic Science.
- Propylene/ Ethylene/ Styrene Copolymer – an ingredient present in most cosmetics and according to a study by PubMed it is known for its ability to create a gel-like consistency as well as stabilize the formula. Of note, such ingredients may cause allergic reactions thus leading to soft tissue swelling and have been considered the cause of fuller lips in some consumers.
- Glycerin – An ingredient utilized in numerous skin moisturizers. It is often used to help draw water from the air into the skin—providing hydration without a greasing residue. The humectants in glycerin also lock in the moisture in the skin, providing that extra boost of hydration and maintaining the skin barrier .
- Shea Butter – Extracted from the nut of the African Shea tree. High concentrations of fatty acids in shea butter help to contribute to its properties as an effective moisturizer as well as some anti-inflammatory properties.
- Sweet Almond Oil – Helps soothe the skin and mucous membranes as well as soften broken skin.
- Jojoba Oil – Known for its ability to smoothen skin and help unclog hair follicles.
- Ozokerite Wax – This is a unique blend of hydrocarbon waxes that helps increase the viscosity of solutions as well as assist in emulsion stability.
- Candelilla – It is a wax derived from the leaves of the small Candelilla shrub. It has found use in the lip balms and lotion industry. Used in the various cosmetic products as it is thought to have valuable binding and thickening properties.
- Squalene – commonly used in the cosmetics industry as a moisturizer. Found in products marketed for both dry, sensitive skin to oily and acne-prone skin.
- Mango oil– Found in various cosmetic and skincare products; a fat utilized to enhance the ease of spread of moisturizing products.
Other minor ingredients include mango oil, caprylic glycol, tribehenin, phenoxyethanol among others.
How Does it Work | The Science Behind Idol Lips
Idol Lips advertising claims that it utilizes “latest technologies” to help plump, hydrate and moisturize the lips that may be maintained for a few hours before you have to apply again.
In the search of the latest technologies, it is presumed that the above ingredients listed contribute tho the “latest technologies”. The above ingredients may help hydrate and moisturize the lips; however, providing effective lip plumping that would be able to maintain for a prolonged period of time is unlikely.
Idol Lips Pros and Cons
- Easy to use
- Provides hydration, moisturization
- Only available for purchase online
- May fail to deliver all of its promised results as ingredients above are more effective as moisturizers rather than providing lip plumping
- Results have been shown to be disappointing in reviews
- The observed changes, if any, are transient and short-lived
- Costly (compared to other over-the-counter lip moisturizers)
Customer Questions and Answers
The manufacturer recommends that you apply Idol Lips one to three times a day. Apply a thin layer of Idol Lips using the applicator on clean dry lips. It is important to note that on the application, you may experience a warm tingling sensation or your lips may turn red. This is completely normal and there should be no cause for alarm.
A bottle of Idol Lips goes for $49.95 plus $6.95 shipping and handling fees.
Although a majority of the ingredients are safe for use, some are common allergens and may result in skin irritation and rash. This product does contain menthol, which has been found to cause a transient slight irritation and tingling. Otherwise, no serious side effects have been reported with use.
In case you are dissatisfied you may return unopened and undamaged items within 90 days of receiving the order for a full refund. However, you will be charged $10.00 per item as a restocking fee.
The manufacturer advises that you consult your doctor before using this product is you have any health condition or if you’re pregnant or nursing.
This product will provide hydration and moisturization to the lips; however, in terms of providing lip plumping there is little evidence that it can provide worthwhile notable results. There may be slight lip swelling as a result of irritation from some of the above noted ingredients as that may be potential allergens.
Idol Lips Customer Reviews & Results – What Users Are Saying?
The product has received some reviews. Here are a few testimonials from customers;-
Idol Lips Packages, Deals, Prices & Where to Buy It?
Idol Lips is available for purchase online. When purchasing more than one bottle you are offered discounts as follows:
- 3 bottles for $99.90. Free shipping is offered.
- 5 bottles cost $149.85 plus free shipping.
The Bottom Line On Idol Lips
Idol Lips is a product that may provide hydration and moisturization to your lips. However, there is unclear evidence to back up the claims of lip plumping.
Other than menthol, which may result in transient tingling and minimal soft tissue swelling; other ingredients have not been shown to be helpful in lip plumping.
Some of the ingredients have been shown to be potential allergens, leading to a potential allergic reaction, swelling, and irritation on the lips.
Some consumers have claimed that the swelling may be a result of an allergic reaction to the product.
If you are interested in a lip plumping product, then Idol Lips is likely to provide less than favorable results.
 Shea butter. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shea_butter#Medicinal
 Sweet Almond: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Dosage, and Warning | WebMD https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-59/sweet-almond
 Jojoba: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Dosage, and Warning | WebMD https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-618/jojoba
 Mango oil. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mango_oil