AminoGenesis is a skincare brand that features several products that target to improve the skin. Products under this collection include cleansers, moisturizers, hand sanitizers, eye creams, and serums among others.
An eye cream under this brand is the Counter Clockwise: Under Eye Rescue. This eye cream claims to offer superior care for the delicate under-eye area. It is said to have both the concentration of a cream and the water carrying abilities of a gel. Thanks to its amino acid content plus a new peptide blend (synthe’6), it works to moisturize, nourish, and replenish amino acids where they are needed.
Counter Clockwise promises to handle all eye concerns including the appearance of crow’s feet, discoloration, dark circles, fine lines, and puffiness. Additionally, this product is claimed to be suitable for all skin types, cruelty-free, parabens free, gluten-free, non-toxic, and non-GMO.
AminoGenesis Ingredients – What to Look For?
The ingredients present in this AminoGenesis eye cream include;
- Witch Hazel Extract- a study in the Journal of Inflammation aimed to determine the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of witch hazel. The study concluded that this extract has anti-elastase, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory activities, all of which are important for antiaging.
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide- peptides are generally considered novel ingredients that play an important role in collagen synthesis and degradation. A line of treatment formulated with multiple growth factors, antioxidants, and collagen-building peptides in the Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology was found to have positive effects on both periocular and perioral wrinkles.
- Chamomile Recutita Flower Extract- this is a medicinal herb from the Asteraceae family. It has anti-inflammatory properties including antioxidant, antimicrobial, and sedative activity. According to PharmacologyOnline, chamomile extract is effective in skin conditions such as eczema, skin irritations, and UV induced erythema.
- L-Arginine HCl- this is one of the most versatile amino acids. In the Bioactive Dietary Factors and Plant Extracts in Dermatology book, L-Arginine plays a major role in nitric oxide synthesis. This has a wide range of benefits to the skin including; repair and protection of blood vessels, stimulating skin regeneration, and improving the supply of nutrients to the skin.
- L-Aspartic Acid- this is another amino acid in the formula. As an amino acid, this ingredient is also declared as one of the natural moisturizing factors in the body. According to the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, amino acids increase the amount of water in the stratum corneum which reduces wrinkles caused by dehydration.
How Does It Work? | The Science Behind AminoGenesis
AminoGenesis’ Counter Clockwise works through its botanical extracts, amino acids, and peptide complex blend to achieve the desired results. These ingredients work together to smooth fine lines, diminish dark circles, reduce puffiness, minimize sagging and drooping, and provide instant hydration. When all these functions come together, a user may achieve a smoother, brighter, and more youthful appearance.
AminoGenesis Pros & Cons
- Might help to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles around the eye area
- May provide hydration to the delicate under-eye skin
- Claims to fade dark circles and reduce under-eye puffiness
- May minimize sagging and drooping of the eyelids
- It may be used by all skin types
- Witch hazel is a well-known irritant
- May not eliminate crow’s feet completely
- Does not have SPF thus users have to apply sunscreen separately
- May not reduce dark circles and puffiness
- Results may not be instant
People Also Ask - Questions and Answers
A: Cleanse under eye area then apply eye cream mornings and evenings. Avoid direct contact with eyes and eyelids.
A: There are no side effects listed by the product. However, ingredients such as witch hazel are known to cause irritation on sensitive and dry skin types.
A: Yes, there are no restrictions provides. If you have a health condition, it is better to consult with your doctor before anything.
A: Yes this product may work as it contains essential ingredients for skin regeneration and rejuvenation.
A: AminoGenesis offers a 30-day money-back guarantee for all its products. You may return the product for a refund, store credit, or exchange.
AminoGenesis Alternatives – Compare with Similar Items
|Revitol Eye Cream||$119.95||Niacinamide, chrysin, bisabolol, capric triglycerides,
fraxinus excelsior bark extract
|Olay Regenerist Eye
|$59.95||Niacinamide, camellia sinensis, vitamin E, amino peptides,
|Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle
Repair Retinol Eye Cream
|$16.68||Retinol SA, hyaluronic acid, glucose complex|
Is AminoGenesis Safe? – Warnings & Complaints
This AminoGenesis eye cream may be safe as it is free from major allergens including parabens, fragrance, and gluten. It also consists of natural ingredients that are safer than GMO ones.
AminoGenesis Customer Reviews & Results – What Users Are Saying
On the AminoGenesis website, Counter Clockwise has a 5-star rating based on 15 reviews. However, there are no actual customer feedbacks regarding the product. On Amazon, the eye cream has a 4.3-star rating based on 20 global reviews. Users who loved the product claimed that it lightened dark circles, absorbed well, and improved makeup application. As for negative reviewers, the eye cream did not live up to their claims. One client, in particular, complained that the cream caused a burning sensation in her eyes.
AminoGenesis: Packages, Deals, Prices & Where to Buy It
You can buy AminoGenesis Counter Clockwise from the official page at the following prices;
- Buy 1 at $40.00
- Buy 2 get 1 free at $80.00
- Buy 3 get 2 free at $120.00
This eye cream is also available on Amazon at $38.48.
The Bottom Line on AminoGenesis
AminoGenesis Counter Clockwise is a special gel/cream hybrid that contains 17 amino acids, a peptide complex, and other natural botanical extracts that have been specifically formulated for the delicate eye area. This product claims to deliver amino acids, moisture, and nutrients providing the skincare that it requires.
This eye cream has been praised for its effectiveness and applicability around the eye area. Users who have used it for a long time claim to have achieved a radiant and youthful appearance. One user even claimed that she couldn’t live without the cream.
While this eye cream is claimed to be suitable for all skin types, some users have complained of adverse effects. On that note, it is recommended to check with your dermatologist before using this product. Luckily, there are many alternatives in the market.
Is There Anything Else You Should Know About AminoGenesis?
This eye cream can be used by all genders as it is branded as unisex. Therefore, both men and women can add this product to their skincare routine.
 https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/jocd.12229  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6981886/