Emmie Olivas, RDN, CDCES
- Emmie is a certified diabetes educator and registered dietitian nutritionist.
- Emmie owns her own business in naturopathic health and works with diabetics, in weight management, and has a passion working athletes.
- Emmie focuses on functional medicine to reduce the risk of health complications as we age and improve ones quality of life.
Emmie has been practicing for 15 years registered dietitian and for the past 10 years as a diabetes educator. She works with clients nationwide and loves that she can reach more people through telephonic health. Emmie has taught several nutrition classes, as well as group settings. She previously educated clients in specialty gyms for sports performance and the importance of proper nutrition for athletes and loves to help clients reach their goals.
- Bachelor of Science in Food and Nutrition from State University (Bozeman, MT)
- Dietetic internship at Wayne State University (Detroit, MI).
- RDN licensure 2006.
- CDCES licensure 2011 through NCBDE.
Health Insiders Editorial Philosophy
There's a wide range of information about health and wellness available, but not every source is reliable and accurate. Health Insiders is transforming this process. We are dedicated to providing the most up-to-date knowledge and data about the world of health. It’s clear and easy to understand, which allows you to evaluate what is best for you and your loved ones. Read more about our product review guidelines.
About Our Medical Review Process
Health Insiders aims to deliver accurate, reliable information about themes related to health and wellness. In order to ensure that the material we provide is correct and precise, we have a medical review team which ensures that the articles, photos, and products are precise and accurate. The Health Insiders Medical Network and Nutrition Team is composed of experts from a variety of medical and health-related fields, who all have a wealth of experience in medical care and research. Read more about our content evaluation process.