About Natrol Melatonin
Natrol Melatonin is a sleep support that comes in different versions to help manage sleep difficulties. The company, Natrol, is a renowned establishment that has evolved from making cosmetic products to manufacturing dietary supplements.
Melatonin may help users to fall asleep faster, stay asleep longer and wake up feeling refreshed. These days, people experience sleep problems due to stress, poor diet and screen time, among other things.
The various versions of this supplement include the Natrol Melatonin, Natrol Melatonin Calm Sleep, Advanced Sleep Melatonin, and Melatonin Gummies.
Natrol Melatonin Ingredients – What to Look For
Natrol Melatonin sleep products have a number of active ingredients, such as:
- Coconut Oil – Has been used for centuries to control blood sugar, improve good cholesterol levels and relieve stress. A study in Journal of the American College of Nutrition suggests it could be an anti-depressant.
- Pectin – Is a soluble fiber found in plums, apples and the peels of citrus fruit. It may have a number of health benefits such as lowering cholesterol and sugar levels, according to an article in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
- Sodium citrate – Is a citric acid salt that is used as a flavoring and alkalizing agent, and an anticoagulant. One review in U.S. National Library of Medicine indicates it has alkalinizing factors, therefore it can neutralize excess acid present in the urine and blood.
- Organic tapioca syrup – A starch extracted from cassava, that is a source of calcium and iron. However, there’s not much research to support these claims.
- Organic cane sugar – May help restore and normalize sleep patterns, reduce stress, and activate the neurological patterns of the brain to induce sleep. However, more research is needed to confirm these claims.
How Does It Work | The Science Behind Natrol Melatonin
Natrol Melatonin contains melatonin, a natural hormone released by the brain in response to changes in light. It claims to regulate the body’s internal clock by signaling that it is time to sleep.
Apart from melatonin, the product has a number of active ingredients that may also stimulate sleep.
For example, coconut oil and organic cane sugar may have stress-relieving effects, and stress is one of the major factors affecting sleep patterns.
Natrol Melatonin Pros & Cons
These supplements have both pros and cons, including:
- Active ingredients claim to be organic and natural
- Said to have a great taste
- Is non-habit forming
- Available in various strengths, 5g or 10g.
- Not safe for use by pregnant or lactating women, those taking medications and those with autoimmune conditions/depressive disorders.
- Gummies may be tough to chew
- Associated with side effects such as dizziness, daytime drowsiness, irritability, stomach pain, and headaches.
Customer Questions and Answers
A: According to the manufacturer, the maximum dosage an adult can use per day is 10mg taken 20 minutes prior to bedtime.
A: There are no explicitly stated side effects. There are no listed food allergens.
However, according to the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health, melatonin may cause a number of side effects such as drowsiness and headaches.
A: No. Consumers with autoimmune disease or depressive disorder are advised not to take these products.
A: This product claims to help users fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer.
Some consumer reviews suggest that it does not work for everyone.
A: Natrol products are sold via retailers, therefore the return policy will vary.
Natrol Melatonin Alternatives
|Sleep Support Plus||$27.95||Melatolin, Goji Berry, Lemon Balm, Chamomile|
|Stasis Sleep Enhancer||$34.99||Magnesium, Tryptophan, GABA|
|ZzzQuil||$7.97||Melatonin, Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) root extract, Valerian (Valeriana officinalis L.) root extract, Lemon Balm (Melissa officinalis) leaf extract|
|Avinol PM||$49.99||Melatonin, Calcium, Magnesium, GABA, Hops Flower Powder|
|ZZZleepy||$24.26||Melatonin, GABA, 5-HTP|
|Dream Well||$24.26||GABA, Suan Zao Ren, Fu Ling, Wu Wei Zi|
|Som Sleep||$59.98||GABA, L-Theanine, Melatonin, Magnesium, Vitamin B6|
|Somnapure||$29.99||Melatonin, Chamomile, Valerian, Lemon Balm, Hops, Passion Flower, L-Theanine|
|Power to Sleep PM||$15.99||Calcium, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Melatonin, GABA, Passion Flower, Hops, Lemon Balm, L-Theanine, Ashwagandha, Bioperine|
|Metagenics Benesom||34.95||Lemon Balm, Hops, Passion Flower|
|Relaxium Sleep||$39.99||GABA, L-Tryptophan, Magnesium, Chamomile, Passion Flower, Ashwagandha|
Is Natrol Melatonin Safe? – Warnings & Complaints
This product is considered to be safe because it does not cause addiction, has all-natural ingredients and is free from food allergens and artificial preservatives.
Natrol Melatonin Customer Reviews & Results
Most of the customer reviews of this product are positive. However, there are a few negative reviews on the retailer websites.
Natrol Melatonin: Packages, Deals, Prices & Where to Buy It?
It is sold differently by various retailers, so options vary.
The Bottom Line
Based on the reviews from clients and the effectiveness of the ingredients in the product, we can say that this product works. However, it is not appropriate for everyone.
Studies by the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health indicate that taking melatonin may cause unwanted effects such as sleepiness, nausea, headache, and dizziness in adults.
Is There Anything Else You Should Know About Natrol Melatonin?
Natrol Melatonin comes in several versions. The Melatonin gummies are easy to take as they are strawberry flavored.
The fast dissolve product may be most effective with occasional sleeplessness.
The + 5-HTP option may help with common sleep difficulties including a racing mind and problems remaining asleep.
To ensure healthy sleep habits, try:
- Maintaining a healthy diet
- Reduce the amount of screen time before bed
- Engage in stress-relieving activities