About BioCell Collagen
BioCell Collagen is a dietary supplement made of natural hydrolyzed collagen type II peptides, chondroitin sulfate, and hyaluronic acid. It assists with keeping joints, skin, and connective tissue healthy.
This supplement is non-GMO and free of soy, gluten, fish, shellfish, egg, milk, peanuts, and sugar. It is manufactured in the US and Germany in a GMP-certified facility ensures products are consistent and quality controlled.
A recent study found that BioCell Collagen aids musculoskeletal tissue while participating in sports and is an effective performance recovery product.
Each caplet contains 70% type II collagen, 20% chondroitin sulfate, and 10% hyaluronic acid.
Ingredients – The Breakdown
There are a few primary active ingredients in this collagen supplement. They include:
- BioCell Collagen (Proprietary Chicken Sternal Cartilage Extract) – In a study published in Clinical Interventions in Aging, BioCell Collagen is a mix of hydrolyzed collagen type II, hyaluronic acid and chondroitin sulfate. The study indicated controlled research is needed to verify the results.
- Hydrolyzed Collagen Type II is obtained from chicken sternum cartilage. In a study from Nutrition Journal, hydrolyzed collagen improved symptoms of knee osteoarthritis.
- Chondroitin Sulfate – In a review from Glycoconjugate Journal, Chondroitin Sulfate is shown to provide significant benefit to those with osteoarthritis and it has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Hyaluronic Acid – According to International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, hyaluronic acid showed improvement in skin elasticity, tightness, rejuvenation, wrinkles, and scars.
How Does It Work? | The Science Behind BioCell Collagen
The collagen peptides stimulate chondrocytes that in turn assist in cartilage repair and therefore reduce joint pain and increase joint mobility.
The hydrolyzed cartilage extract leads to extra moisture and can help increase synovial fluid in the joint and provides moisture for the skin, giving it a more youthful look.
Pros & Cons
According to the manufacturer claims, the benefits are as follows:
- Promotes joint mobility
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Diminishes skin dryness
- Increases skin collagen
- Reduces joint stiffness
- Backed by clinical trials
- Relieves pain
- Reduces inflammation
- Caused an allergic reaction for some people
- exacerbated acne
- No noticeable results
- No pain relief
People Also Ask - Questions and Answers
A: The benefits include increased joint mobility, enhanced post exercise recovery, cartilage renewal and connective tissue recovery.
A: Side effects include headache, allergic reaction, heartburn, and bad taste in the mouth for some people.
A: Take 2 capsules in the morning and evening on an empty stomach.
A: Results were seen on the face with reducing fine lines and wrinkles after 12 weeks of use.
BioCell Collagen Alternatives
|Joint N-11||$49||Turmeric, Boswellia Serrata, basil leaf powder, ginger root powder, rosemary root powder|
|Omega XL||$39 + shipping||Vitamin E, Green Lipped Mussel Oil and Olive Oil|
|ProJoint Plus||$29.95||Glucosamine Sulfate, Boswellia Extract, Turmeric, Methionine|
|Turmeric Curcumin Plus||$23.95||Turmeric, Curcuminoids(e. curcumin), BioPerine (Piperine)|
|Relief Factor||$79.95-93.95||Icariin, Turmeric, Resveratrol, Omega 3|
|Instaflex||$48.49||Hyaluronic Acid, turmeric, collagen II, ginger, white willow bark|
Is BioCell Collagen Safe? – Warnings & Complaints
Check with your physician before you take this supplement if you are pregnant, lactating, have a health condition or taking medications. Allergic reactions by some customers are noted.
Customer Reviews & Results
This product received a 4.3 rating out of 5 stars on Amazon from 644 customers. There are 450 positive reviews and 116 critical reviews. Most complaints involved allergic reactions, therefore be sure to check with your physician before starting this supplement.
BioCell Collagen: Packages, Deals, Prices & Where to Buy It?
You can purchase this supplement from Amazon for $23.70 for 120 capsules.7 Walmart has it for $27.58 and Walgreens sells it for $26.99.
The Bottom Line
This supplement is reasonably priced, but Dermatologists suggest taking a supplement to improve skin condition is not necessary. Their advice is to consume bone broth and Vitamin C which can be found in citrus fruit, broccoli, and strawberries.
This supplement is non-GMO, and free of soy, gluten, fish, shellfish, egg, milk, peanuts, and sugar. It is also manufactured in GMP-certified facility which is a plus.
The overall reviews were good however, some customers experienced allergic reactions. It is highly suggested you check with your physician before consuming this joint pain supplement.