Suzanne Toon, MS, CPT, CIC
- Presented paper on self-esteem improvements & exercise at national American College of Sports Medicine conference
- Fitness tested and provided exercise prescriptions for over 1000 healthy and high-risk participants into a new exercise facility
- Coached 8+ years individuals in the areas of weight loss, healthy eating, diabetes prevention, personalized fitness, smoking cessation and healthy stress management techniques
- Serve a high risk, multiple chronic condition population by providing comprehensive, individualized healthy lifestyle plan & provide outcome metrics to their employer
Suzanne Toon, MS, CPT, CIC Experienced Wellness Coach with over 15 years of experience in the health care field and ACE Certified Personal Trainer.
Suzanne has differentiated herself as a health care professional because of the breadth & depth of her career experiences. She has worked with different populations ranging from cardiac rehab patients to elite athletes and everything in between. Suzanne has had great success with her coaching/training style and has helped thousands of people in her career in losing weight, quitting smoking, learning to eat healthier, decreasing diabetes risk, lowering cholesterol, managing blood pressure better & beginning or refining exercise programs.
She has worked as a health professional for the past 20 years in corporate and clinical settings as an Exercise Physiologist, Personal Trainer, Health Coach, Diabetes Prevention facilitator & Health Care Consultant. Suzanne’s passion is working closely with individuals to allow them to define and create their healthy lifestyle goals to live their best life possible.
Suzanne continually stays on top of the latest updates & coaching and training techniques in the health and wellness world and is happily enjoying sharing these life-changing ideas with her personal clients.
ExperienceSuzanne has 20 years of experience within the health/wellness arena working with individuals in both individual (telephonic & on-site one-on-one coaching) and group settings (corporate seminars/group webinars). Suzanne works with all levels of fitness from both a coaching and personal training perspective to provide long term, lasting improvements in a healthy lifestyle. Her goal is to not just provide the "fish" but to teach people how to fish on their own for a permanent lifestyle change.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science - Physical Education/Exercise Science, Northern Illinois University
- Master of Science – Exercise Physiology, University of Rhode Island
- Certified Health/Wellness Coach - Intrinsic Solutions International
- Certified Personal Trainer – American Council on Exercise
- Certified Diabetes Prevention Healthy Lifestyle Coach – Center for Disease Control
- Certified Exercise Test Technologist – American College of Sports Medicine
Health Insiders Editorial Philosophy
There's a wide range of information about health and wellness available, but not every source is reliable and accurate. Health Insiders is transforming this process. We are dedicated to providing the most up-to-date knowledge and data about the world of health. It’s clear and easy to understand, which allows you to evaluate what is best for you and your loved ones. Read more about our product review guidelines.
About Our Medical Review Process
Health Insiders aims to deliver accurate, reliable information about themes related to health and wellness. In order to ensure that the material we provide is correct and precise, we have a medical review team which ensures that the articles, photos, and products are precise and accurate. The Health Insiders Medical Network and Nutrition Team is composed of experts from a variety of medical and health-related fields, who all have a wealth of experience in medical care and research. Read more about our content evaluation process.