Lauren Manaker, MS, RDN, LD, CLEC Registered Dietitian and Certified Lactation Educator Counselor
- Lauren Manaker is an award-winning registered dietitian
- Certified lactation educator counselor who focuses on prenatal and reproductive health.
- She is a freelance writer and author of the book Fueling Male Fertility.
Lauren has been practicing dietetics since 2004 and has worked in many settings, including hospitals, outpatient, and industry. She sits on the executive board of the Women's Health Dietetic Practice Group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and has been a guest author for various articles and textbook chapters.
- Master of Science in Clinical Nutrition. Rush University (Chicago, IL)
- Commission on Dietetic Registration clinical training program at Rush University, Medical Center (Chicago, IL)
- Lactation Educator-Counselor certification. (University of California, San Diego)
- Research assistant at the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (Atlanta, GA), -and Shands Hospital (Gainesville, FL)
- Food Allergies certificate of training (Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics)
A Word from the Author
Nutrition is the cornerstone to health, and I love sharing research and information with the public.
Health Insiders Editorial Philosophy
There's a wide range of information about health and wellness available, but not every source is reliable and accurate. Health Insiders is transforming this process. We are dedicated to providing the most up-to-date knowledge and data about the world of health. It’s clear and easy to understand, which allows you to evaluate what is best for you and your loved ones. Read more about our product review guidelines.
About Our Medical Review Process
Health Insiders aims to deliver accurate, reliable information about themes related to health and wellness. In order to ensure that the material we provide is correct and precise, we have a medical review team which ensures that the articles, photos, and products are precise and accurate. The Health Insiders Medical Network and Nutrition Team is composed of experts from a variety of medical and health-related fields, who all have a wealth of experience in medical care and research. Read more about our content evaluation process.