Suvoderm is a cream that is said to help repair skin overnight while strengthening the dermal structure for better resistance against aging factors. The product is made by the company Solvaderm who produces several skincare treatments designed for all ages and skin types.
While Suvoderm can be used by anyone, regardless of age, it is especially beneficial for mature, aging skin that needs extra hydration and nourishment. Described on the product website as an all-in-one skin cream, it does indeed have multiple benefits that include providing antioxidant protection, brightening areas of hyperpigmentation and eliminating dryness.
Who makes Suvoderm?
As mentioned, Suvoderm is manufactured by Solvaderm, a skincare company who use innovative scientific techniques to develop their skin formulas. They claim to source natural, organic extracts from around the world in order to give their customers the ultimate skincare solutions.
While many of their products target signs of aging and are designed to be used on mature or prematurely-aging skin, they also produce exfoliators, skin brighteners, cellulite creams, and blemish formula. All Solvaderm products are manufactured in the USA but used worldwide by skincare professionals.
How does Suvoderm work and what does it claim to do?
First and foremost, Suvoderm is a deeply conditioning anti-wrinkle cream that moisturizes and conditions the skin to reduce areas of dryness. By doing so, skin becomes more supple and less likely to develop common signs of aging such as fine lines and deep-set wrinkles over time.
However, Suvoderm also has many other benefits for the skin according to the information on the product page. Among some of the claims made for the product are that it promotes the synthesis of collagen, a substance essential for strengthening the skin structure thus making it more resilient and provides powerful antioxidants that neutralize skin-damaging free radicals.
Ingredients with natural antiseptic properties help to reduce blemishes and breakouts, while other key substances in the formula work to fade areas of concentrated pigmentation caused by aging, sun exposure, and scars.
Ingredients – What’s in the Suvoderm formula?
There are a dozen key active ingredients contained in the Suvoderm formula, each one listed and described in some detail on the product page. These key ingredients are as follows:
- Niacinamide – a B vitamin that has numerous benefits for aging skin. In addition to having a positive effect on areas of hyperpigmentation, it also contributes to the restoration of elastin in the skin for a firmer, fuller appearance.
- Vitamin E – a powerful antioxidant, this vitamin plays a role in ensuring the proper synthesis of collagen which, in turn, helps to create a stronger, more structurally sound skin matrix.
- SaccharomycesCopper Ferment (Cu Complex) – this is a micronutrient that not only promotes the production of collagen but has antioxidant properties to fight free radical cellular damage.
- Hyaluronic Acid – as a humectant, Hyaluronic Acid, or HA as its often called, draws moisture into the skin from the atmosphere  to ensure it is fully hydrated at all times. As a result, dryness is reduced and the skin develops a dewier, healthier texture.
- Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil – known for its ‘good’ fat content, Avocado oil has numerous benefits for dry, aging skin. The nutrient-rich oil penetrates the skin to deeply condition, but also helps to soothe inflammation and irritation that occurs on the surface.
- Thioctic Acid (Alpha-Lipoic Acid) – this is a powerful antioxidant, one of many in the Suvoderm formula, that protects vulnerable skin cells from the damaging effects of free radicals. In addition to this, it also has potent anti-inflammatory benefits .
- Carnitine – Carnitine helps to regulate the skin’s oil production, reducing the greasy build-up that blocks pores and leads to breakouts and blemishes.
- Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil – rich in nutritious amino acids, this natural oil helps to soften rough skin and make it less susceptible to forming lines, wrinkles and other signs of aging.
- Retinol – also known as vitamin A, retinol has potent anti-aging effects  on the skin, reducing multiple signs of aging, fading hyperpigmentation and encouraging collagen production.
- Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q-10) – while some ingredients in Suvoderm promote collagen production, Ubiquinone helps to preserve levels of collagen already present in the skin so it can maintain a firm, strong dermal structure able to withstand the deterioration that comes with age.
- Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil – extracted from the seed of grapes, this oil works well with the skin’s own natural oils, helping to create a barrier that not only makes it easier to retain moisture but prevents dirt and bacteria from clogging pores and infecting the skin.
- Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Extract – this natural botanical extract encourages a healthy, healing flow of blood to the skin surface. In addition to its naturally disinfecting properties, it contains antioxidants to protect skin cells and promote their longevity.
Suvoderm benefits and side effects
Some of the key benefits of Suvoderm Night Time Rescue Repair Treatment are that it:
- Provides powerful antioxidants for ongoing protection from free radicals
- Strengthens the skin structure so it can withstand further damage
- Deeply conditions skin to eliminate chronic dryness
- Protects the skin by creating a natural barrier
- Enhances the positive effects of daytime moisturizers
- Corrects damage and discoloration due to photo-aging
At this time, there have been no side effects reported in relation to the use of Suvoderm. It contains no common allergens, making it suitable for skin that is easily irritated or prone to allergic reactions and is free from potentially harmful additives, chemicals, and dangerous synthetic substances.
Customer Questions and Answers
This cream is designed to be used at night, applied as part of the evening skincare routine following cleansing and toning.
After patting the skin dry, it should be massaged into the skin gently, using light upward motions to avoid dragging the skin down. Ideally, Suvoderm should be used in conjunction with other Solvaderm treatments for best results.
When using Suvoderm at night, there is no need to apply any other skin moisturizers. However, individuals with other skin concerns may wish to use a specialty serum or cream designed for a more specific purpose, such as the reduction of undereye dark circles or blemishes.
Skincare experts recommend the use of a richer, nourishing cream at night, which is the time when most skin healing and cellular regeneration occurs. By applying the cream before sleeping, the key active ingredients have a full 8 hours in which to help repair skin damage without interruption from environmental pollution, UV rays or other daily toxins.
The moisturizing benefits of Suvoderm may be apparent as soon as it's applied, giving the skin a smoother, softer and more supple texture. The full results from using Suvoderm will depend on several different factors however, such as the age of the user, lifestyle habits and the severity of their skin damage. However, it is reported that most people experience visible results within 12 weeks of use.
Suvoderm costs $89.00 per 30ml jar and it can be purchased directly from the Solvaderm online store. It is eligible free shipping (as it's over $60) and all purchases are backed by the company's 60-day money back guarantee. Solvaderm often offers additional special discounts on their website which can be applied to the order at checkout.
Solvaderm encourages its customers to leave comments, reviews, and ratings for all their products. The following comments are just a few that are published on the Suvoderm product page:
Is there anything else you should know about Suvoderm?
As with all Solvaderm products, Suvoderm has been developed by leading dermatologists and skin scientists using advanced skincare technology and the most up-to-date innovations in anti-aging treatments.
In addition to this, the time-released delivery system means that the benefits of the formula continue around the clock for ongoing protection. The Suvoderm formula is not tested on animals, has no harmful parabens and even the jar in which it’s packaged is free from the potentially dangerous chemical Bisphenol-A.
The Bottom Line
The use of a specific night cream has obvious benefits, not only for mature individuals but for people of all ages and skin types. Skin is much more receptive to the properties of the key ingredients at night when it is in its regenerative mode, so using a richer, more nourishing product at that time makes sense.
The formula certainly contains an optimal number of clinically tested, proven ingredients although it would be helpful if the exact amount of each was listed on the product label.
While Suvoderm doesn’t necessarily need to be used as part of a complete Solvaderm skincare routine, there’s no doubt that results may be experienced at a faster rate if it is, especially as they are all designed to complement one another.