Eyevage is a high-quality skincare product that targets the signs of aging around the eyes. Described as an anti-aging eye rejuvenation treatment, Eyevage is made by the Solvaderm skincare company and sold through their official online website.
Eyevage is one of many anti-aging solutions that the company produces and can be used on its own or, preferably, as part of a Solvaderm system in conjunction with other products in their range.
With many antioxidants and hydrating ingredients, Eyevage would benefit those looking to take a proactive approach to reduce the signs of aging.
Suitable for all skin types, as with all Solvaderm products Eyevage is hypoallergenic and fragrance-free. Used regularly, Eyevage is said to not only reduce lines and wrinkles in the eye area but decrease areas of discoloration for skin that is brighter and more evenly toned.
What are the Ingredients in Eyevage?
The Eyevage formula combines several clinically tested, proven ingredients that work synergistically to improve signs of aging. All listed and explained in detail on the Eyevage product page, the ingredients are:
- Vitamin K – this lesser-known vitamin is essential for skin healing, in reducing swelling and bruising, and therefore can help to fade undereye circles.
- Oxido Reductases – Oxido Reductases are vital for protecting skin cells from damaging free radicals. This not only promotes cell longevity but may also delay further signs of aging in the eye area, keeping it smooth and free from lines and wrinkles.
- Arnica Montana Extract – According to Planta Med. 2004 study it is a natural plant extract, Arnica Montana promotes skin healing while reducing areas of inflammation. It works particularly well with vitamin K, helping to repair skin damaged by environmental stressors.
- Squalane – According to Adv Food Nutr Res. 2012 this natural ingredient found in our own oil glands as well as in cooking oils has superior moisturizing benefits for all skin types, absorbing quickly without leaving a greasy residue or clogging pores. It imparts a silky texture to the skin, relieving dryness for long-lasting softness.
- Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed oil – because it is similar to the oil produced by our skin, Jojoba Seed oil has an ability to penetrate deeply, eliminating dryness and soothing any areas of irritation. Lightweight and non-greasy, it provides long-lasting moisture for mature skin types.
- Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein and Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Protein – these two highly nutritious proteins support micro-circulation in the eye area, reducing dark circles and improving skin tone and texture.
- Hyaluronic Acid – According to Dermatoendocrinol. 2012 study, this natural ingredient is an essential component in anti-aging formulas thanks to its moisture-attracting properties that keep the skin hydrated, smooth and plump. Working deep down at a cellular level, HA targets the source of dryness for a long-lasting softness.
- Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil – with numerous fatty acids and antioxidant-rich nutrients such as vitamin E and A, this easily absorbed oil not only keeps skin well-moisturized but creates a protective barrier, locking in hydration.
- Eriobotrya Japonica Extract – Int J Mol Sci. 2016 study says, it is derived from the Loquat tree, this extract is high in antioxidants that neutralize free radicals.
How does Eyevage work – The Science Behind Eyevage
Eyevage uses a blend of natural botanical extracts that nourish, moisturize and protect the delicate skin in the eye area. By delivering antioxidants that eliminate harmful free radicals, skin cells are preserved, delaying further signs of aging, while the emollient benefits reduce areas of dry, rough skin.
With skin brightening properties to reduce dark circles under the eyes, Eyevage gives the skin a vibrant, more refreshed appearance.
Additionally, inflammation and swelling are reduced due to the anti-inflammatory properties of several ingredients contained in the formula. When used on a regular basis, many customers report seeing visible results within just a few months. It is important to know that the ingredients are primarily preventive and therefore are unlikely to correct advanced signs of aging including deep lines and wrinkles.
Eyevage Pros & Cons
- It is a natural formula without chemicals or synthetic ingredient
- The formula provides long-lasting hydration for the dry, delicate skin around the eyes
- The antioxidant rich formula increases skin cell longevity
- The product is lightweight, quickly absorbed and easily incorporated into any skincare routine
- It may produce best results when used in conjunction with other Solvaderm products
- Individual ingredient concentrations are not listed
- Discontinuation of the treatment could result in a loss of benefits
- Will not correct advanced signs of aging and skin damage
Customer Questions and Answers
Eyevage can be used by anyone who wants to take a proactive approach to preventing and reducing signs of aging around the eye area.
All Solvaderm products, including Eyevage, are tested for safety and can be used over long periods of time without any risk of side effects or irritation. It contains no harmful synthetic substances, sulfates or parabens and the packaging is BPA-free.
A 15ml bottle of Eyevage costs $74.99 when purchased directly from the Solvaderm website. However, when included as part of a Solvaderm skincare system the cost is reduced, and the website often provides limited time discounts and special offers.
Eyevage can be ordered from the Solvaderm website, which offers free shipping over $60 and a secure transaction process. In addition to being available as a single bottle purchase, it can be found in several Solvaderm system bundles such as the Eye Wrinkles & Dry Skin package and Targeted Wrinkle Repair System.
Solvaderm offers a 60-day money back guarantee on all their products, less the cost of shipping.
A small amount of Eyevage, no larger than a pea, should be applied to the fingertips and dabbed gently around the eyes, following the shape of the eye socket. It is recommended that it is applied twice a day, morning and evening, after cleansing and toning the skin.
Eyevage Results and Customer Reviews
There are numerous reviews to be found online regarding Eyevage both on the Solvaderm Store and independent skincare sites. Here are just a few comments from users of Eyevage regarding the product:
The Bottom Line on Eyevage
Because it works on multiple levels, Eyevage has numerous benefits for the delicate skin around the eyes. With its blend of nourishing botanicals and antioxidants. Eyevage provides protection against signs of skin aging.
Eyevage is ideal for people of all skin types and is not strictly for use on mature skin – even younger people have found it highly beneficial for reducing darkness and discoloration under the eyes, giving the entire area a refreshed, vibrant appearance.
While it seems to produce good results when used alone, for best results it would be advisable to combine it with other anti-aging treatments in the Solvaderm range – not only do they produce powerful effects when used together, but the bundle packages available on the site are excellent value for money.
2. Vitamin K Can Lighten Dark Circles Under Eyes. By Aja CarmichaelStaff Reporter of The Wall Street Journal. https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB111810269928052376
3. Biomolecules. 2015 Jun; 5(2): 545–589. Published online 2015 Apr 21. doi: 10.3390/biom5020545. PMCID: PMC4496685 PMID: 25906193. Oxidative Stress in Aging Human Skin
4. G Ital Dermatol Venereol. 2013 Dec;148(6):687-91. Jojoba in dermatology: a succinct review. 5. Safety Assessment of Soy Proteins and Peptides as Used in Cosmetics. Cosmetic Ingredient Review https://www.cir-safety.org/sites/default/files/soypep092015final.pdf
6. Wallo W., Nebus J., Leyden J.J.: J. Drugs Dermatol. 6, 917 (2007).
7. Indian Dermatol Online J. 2016 Jul-Aug; 7(4): 311–315. doi: 10.4103/2229-5178.185494 PMCID: PMC4976416 PMID: 27559512. Vitamin E in dermatology